PDA

View Full Version : Empty Quest

Caal
04-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I have cleared out all of the mandatory quests in this town. The Steward has a quest icon over his head, but on opening up the quest menu, both sections of the quest box are blank. The quest can be accepted and will go into the quest list, again blank. This mystery quest appears to be mandatory.

Shadow
04-28-2010, 09:43 AM
I thought I had fixed all of those. :( Luckily these are usually pretty easy to fix with save games, so thanks for posting one.

Kruztee
04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
I have cleared out all of the mandatory quests in this town. The Steward has a quest icon over his head, but on opening up the quest menu, both sections of the quest box are blank. The quest can be accepted and will go into the quest list, again blank. This mystery quest appears to be mandatory.

I've got a save of exactly the same thing. If needed I can post it too. The steward has a quest icon over his head, and when talking to him I can actually accept this quest even though the quest box text is blank. All other quests in this town are completed, and in my game at least, I think it has something to do with schist rocks, since occasionally I'll see messgaes like "Bob has failed to collect the required schist rocks." No levels of the dungeon actually contain them though.

Kruztee
04-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Bah, may as well just post the save. Shadow, please disregard if not required.

Shadow
04-28-2010, 05:06 PM
In this case they are the same thing and should both be fixed in version 1.001 (well at least what caused the problem).

Quitch
05-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Should the Steward still be offering the empty quest after patching if the game was started as a 1.0 game? At the time of patching I had the empty quest and then declined, saved and exited. When I loaded again the Steward was offering the quest once more.

Where are the save files held?

Shadow
05-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Assuming it is the same bug, I believe it will still be broken in 1.001 if it occurred before the patch.