PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator's berserk - possible prob?

Jorlen
04-27-2010, 11:37 PM
The skill says it will do extra damage but weaken your defense. Thing is, I do more damage with a regular hit. A two handed sword that has 3-10 damage I will hit regularly for 10-15 (with str bonus) but with this skill for example, I only hit on average 4-6 damage.

I am guessing the damage isn't being calculated properly when using this skill, is it possible?

Shadow
04-28-2010, 09:39 AM
I need to word berserk better. :)

What happens is that berserk (and in general other melee skills) is based on dps and not pure damage of your character. Since berserk attacks are so fast they can actually do less damage than your normal attack especially when you are using a slow weapon.

When considering the speed difference though you are doing more damage with berserk.

Jorlen
04-28-2010, 10:08 AM
I need to word berserk better. :)

What happens is that berserk (and in general other melee skills) is based on dps and not pure damage of your character. Since berserk attacks are so fast they can actually do less damage than your normal attack especially when you are using a slow weapon.

When considering the speed difference though you are doing more damage with berserk.

Oh ok yeah, that makes sense. Damn, too bad, I thought I had found a really cheap and fast melee skill ;)

Kruztee
04-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Oh ok yeah, that makes sense. Damn, too bad, I thought I had found a really cheap and fast melee skill ;)

Umm, you have. That's exactly what berserk is.;)