PDA

View Full Version : More magic items mod help

dnuggs40
04-28-2010, 10:01 AM
So I wanted to play around with the modding so I could see some of the legendary/unique/artifact items and couldn't get it to work right. Basically I downloaded the less magic item mod and thought all I needed to do was increase the higher item tier values...but this didn't work. Initially I tried normal values like 75 but after seeing no results I tried crazy values like 99999 and still didn't work.

Then I tried altering the systems file in asset03.zip and was able to increase number of drops, and got it to where it would drop greens often but was unable to make legendary/artifact items drop even when I set the normal/junk/ect values to 0 and the higher end stuff very high.

Could someone assist or at least give me a good shove in the right direction? :p

I wanted to mess around a bit just for fun initially but eventually I wanted to make a regular mod to just boost up the high end items dropping slightly. I'm like level 28 now and haven't seen any of those items and even yellow items barely drop.

Also, a bit unrelated...but why does the systems file show up in both the assets01 and assets03? In fact, looks like many files are in both. The way I understand it is anything in later asset files overwrite whats in the early one so I guess I'm not understanding that.

Shadow
04-28-2010, 10:23 AM
The game treats those numbers differently than you are thinking. It tries the lowest rarity first and keeps going up the rarity chain until it fails a check. So if you make the chance of common magic items 0, it won't be able to make any magic items at all.

assets001.zip and assets002.zip are what were in the original build. I don't change these. assets003.zip is all of the changes since the first build. So if a file is duplicated that means it has changed, the game will use the one in assets003.zip, and if you are modding you want to use what is in this file.

dnuggs40
04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Ok, so I need to make them all high so it never fails a check and get through all the way to the end?

Also, how do the numbers work? Is a value of 25 a percent out of 100? Is it a "dice roll"?

*edit*

Thanks for your help!

Shadow
04-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Ok, so I need to make them all high so it never fails a check and get through all the way to the end?

Also, how do the numbers work? Is a value of 25 a percent out of 100? Is it a "dice roll"?

Yeah, pretty much.

Yes, they are percents with a 100 being the max.

dnuggs40
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks shadow, works perfectly. Now I just have to tweak to something reasonable...right now it's like a kid in a candy store :p