PDA

View Full Version : Can't find artefact to complete quest

Framistan
04-30-2010, 10:06 AM
So, I'm trapped in a quest where I'm supposed to find an artefact on level 4 of the dungeon, but I simply can't find it. I've looked everywhere, and even reset the map a few times to go through the dungeon again. Is it possible that I'm supposed to find a secret door or something?

I'll gladly post savefiles, but I don't know which ones are relevant. I have the demo version 0.910, and Mac OS X 10.4.

Shadow
04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
It is possible that it's in a secret area somewhere.

On the mac your save games are in - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User/chars and you want to post the files that start with your character name.

Framistan
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks! Any advice on how to find secret areas? I've tried to boost perception, hoping that would help me find hidden things.

Edit: Forgot to attach the files, here they are.

Shadow
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
I found it, but it wasn't in a secret area. Since it's just an item on the ground they can be a little tricky to find (alt helps a lot). Spoiler: It's kind of towards the upper right area.

Perception doesn't help finding secret areas. You need to click on the secret wall to open them up. These will look different than the surrounding walls in some way like a different size or color.

Framistan
04-30-2010, 02:16 PM
It's odd, because I've had alt on all the time, and even found an artefact on another level because of that. I think I've fine combed all the walls, since they hide stuff when you're not next to them. Also there's a hint of another room behind the dead end in the right corner, but I can't seem to find anything there either. You should see the name and be able to pick it up that way, right?

Shadow
04-30-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, you should see the name. In my case when I found it, it was not near the walls. Oh, another potential issue is if you are using an older version you might want to upgrade with the latest patch.

Framistan
04-30-2010, 05:56 PM
I've installed the 1.00 and 1.01 patches. Then I declined and re-accepted the quest, and finecombed the entire level, especially the big open areas. I still can't seem to find the artefact, though.

Kruztee
05-02-2010, 07:53 AM
2 things.

1) Mac saves work on PC, which is kind of cool for some reason.

2) SPOILER BELOW!!!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Using your save file and assuming that the artifact is always in the same spot, I find it in the first big room to the north of the gate when you warp in to level 3. It's right in the middle of the room - you can't miss it!:eek:

Framistan
05-02-2010, 08:15 AM
I do appreciate your help with this, but I still can't see the artefact. Can you take a screenshot and post it here just in case I have somehow missed something very obvious?

Kruztee
05-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, no problem. I'll post two shots. One shows the location of the room on the minimap (player position in green), and the other shows the artifact lying in the middle of that room.

Click on the thumbs for a bigger view. I had to resize the screenshots somewhat to upload them onto the forum, but hopefully they should still look OK.

Framistan
05-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I still can't see it, and nothing happens when I move the cursor around the area. It's got to be a bug. :eek:

Kruztee
05-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Whoa! OK, that's wierd.

It's possible that it's either a Mac specific problem, or an issue with your installation or configuration.

Shadow
05-03-2010, 09:56 AM
That really is strange. I believe that's where it was when I found it. I'll try it out on my mac and see if there is a difference.