PDA

View Full Version : One more suggestion for the next patch

Mischief Maker
05-01-2010, 03:59 AM
Lose the limited quest slots. It really doesn't add anything to the game but irritation.

kallisti_dk
05-01-2010, 05:30 AM
I certainly agree!

Roswitha
05-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Amen.

One thing I'm grateful for, though, is that the game keeps track of the monsters you kill, even if you don't know the quest exists yet.

ecliptic
05-02-2010, 05:36 AM
I myself don't find it stifling, especially with how easy it is to return to the town.

graffen69
05-02-2010, 05:42 AM
Since this thread implies ideas for the next patch, here´s one:
A way to dispose of the original 12slot Backpack would be nice. I cannot seem to drop, delete, sell or put it anywhere else (including personal stash). And once you start getting bigger bags its just takes up a slot in your bigger inventory bags.

stants
05-02-2010, 07:05 AM
how about keeping any teleport stones you dont use for a town, and carrying them over to next town!saving them up would be a nice touch.

graffen69
05-02-2010, 01:09 PM
how about keeping any teleport stones you dont use for a town, and carrying them over to next town!saving them up would be a nice touch.
Not sure thats such a good idea. I can ussally go through a couple towns wihout ever using the teleport and if you ment for it to stack up it will fast become unbalancing easy. Creds for idea though.
Mebbe instead you could get a "fresh" teleport stone when you gain a reputation level (if you already used up yours in the same townspawn that is). For normal gameplay its not such a big deal, but i belive HC players would welcome it.

stants
05-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Not sure thats such a good idea. I can ussally go through a couple towns wihout ever using the teleport and if you ment for it to stack up it will fast become unbalancing easy. Creds for idea though.
Mebbe instead you could get a "fresh" teleport stone when you gain a reputation level (if you already used up yours in the same townspawn that is). For normal gameplay its not such a big deal, but i belive HC players would welcome it.

yep for hardcore would be good,i only use mine when the town gets attacked!only for it to be attacked again a few mins later!maybe magic vendors could sell them for a very high price?

graffen69
05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
yep for hardcore would be good,i only use mine when the town gets attacked!only for it to be attacked again a few mins later!

That explains why you´re running out of em. I only use my port stone as last case emergencys, when im out of Food or Potions, or the cooldown on them are to slow and im getting severly beaten and dont know way to closest gate, like when you triggered a trap and dropped a few dungeon levels. If i used mine up and happen in the same situation again, i pause and exit the game - creating a new town spawn.
Very rarely i use the port stone for town attacks, like in the case theres only one vendor left to buy food & potions for. Normally i just run to the closest gate, even if at another level. A couple of NPC kills and some lost reputation isnt a big deal and if i have enough potions and food/drink theres always the gambler to sell gear to. Check for "new vendor" quests in case they should be down.

kallisti_dk
05-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Here's another suggestion:

After an "Unknown Gate" has been used, change its name to "Gate to level ##". Also, a marker on the map would be nice.

graffen69
05-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Here's another suggestion:

After an "Unknown Gate" has been used, change its name to "Gate to level ##". Also, a marker on the map would be nice.

Would as well like to see a mark on the minimap for unknown gates.

elsol69
05-16-2010, 02:24 AM
Well if we're going to suggest things...

1. New version of hybrid... let us pick from 'classes' of skills.

2. The most beautiful word in the gaming world -- Backstab.

You have stealth and dagger mastery... you know, you want to give me backstab! (and some cool animation when it hits and even cooler animation when you kill with it!) It could work like archer magic arrows +20% physical damage for every level.

Pretty please! Pretty please with cherries on top!

FloodSpectre
05-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I see no point in a backstab ability. The first few attacks made out of stealth already get a huge crit/phys damage boost, essentially emulating the "backstab", and there are a number of attacks which only function when used from stealth (or at least on a distracted foe).

I agree about having a new label on an unknown gate once used though, and the ability to ditch the initial backpack is also a good idea.

DeathKnight1728
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I have noticed a small bug since i just started using the patch today. There is a distorted icon when i click on a few things in the game like vendors and sometimes abilities. I didnt notice it before until i had to get the beta patch so i can join the tournament.

TheRani
05-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Since this thread implies ideas for the next patch, here´s one:
A way to dispose of the original 12slot Backpack would be nice. I cannot seem to drop, delete, sell or put it anywhere else (including personal stash). And once you start getting bigger bags its just takes up a slot in your bigger inventory bags.

I want this, too!

Desticato
05-17-2010, 10:33 PM
My wishlist, in no particular order:

1) When using the portal to return to the dungeon, it'd be nice if the text color would change to green for those levels for which there are corresponding quests, just as it does in the text above the mini-map when you're physically on a level. This would be an at-a-glance way of telling to which levels you should be heading, instead of quest-levels currently being indistinguishable from the rest.

2) Consider placing the level of the dungeon that a quest takes place at the top of the quest description. Scrolling to the bottom for quests with tons of text, just to figure out where you should be going, is a bit of a pain. Ideally, the quest log should place the quests in sequential order, too. Please feel free to combine this request with suggestion #1 in a manner that addresses this issue as you deem best.

3) I heartily second the ability to remove the starter backpack. Unless it's a programming limitation, I cannot think of a reason why we wouldn't all benefit from the ability to upgrade it to something larger.

4) The blank slot in the UI beneath the Character Screen icon and to the left of the Journal Screen icon could be used for, well, anything! My suggestion would be an in-game indicator of whether or not the ALT key (or equivalent) for showing items on the ground is enabled. If you happen to be in an area of the game without landmarks or items, you currently can't tell whether it's toggled or not. I realize that not everyone uses the toggle feature (instead choosing to hold the key down) but an indicator SOMEWHERE would help immensely.

5) The text messages that currently take place in what appears to be the precise middle of the screen like "Need an enemy" and "Not enough mana" would benefit from being lowered or raised slightly so as not to obstruct the view of one's character.

6) When moving items around in backpacks, instead of instantly swapping the position of two different items, it'd be nice if the cursor became the second item clicked so that it could be placed elsewhere. This is most evident when swapping dozens of items in bags--you would be able to rearrange the contents with half the clicks, making organizing that shared stash full of blues and purples much easier.

7) The tooltips that appear when hovering over items do so almost too quickly, making navigating a bag full of items a headache. A Tooltip Delay under Options would be appreciated.

8) The huge strides you made in supporting higher resolution monitors by no longer stretching the UI have made me (and others) grateful. I'd be that much more inclined to sing your praises if those elements which are not currently in the 'true' corners of widescreen displays could eventually find their way there. I seem to recall you mentioning that this was a programming headache, but it would definitely improve the presentation (and my enjoyment) of the game.

Thanks for considering these suggestions, and an extra helping of gratitude for those you choose to implement!

DeathKnight1728
05-18-2010, 08:01 PM
I just noticed something that has been happening a bit too much. There is a slow (almost like lag), that occurs throughout the game. I dont know what this is, but it has since occured when i downloaded the 1.001 beta.

ecliptic
05-21-2010, 04:34 PM
A mildly annoying aesthetic bug happens to me if I open all bags of my personal stash, then open my character inventory, where the last few bags of my character inventory are underneath my ragdoll display, even though there is enough space above it.

Viliki
05-22-2010, 05:59 AM
I just noticed something that has been happening a bit too much. There is a slow (almost like lag), that occurs throughout the game. I dont know what this is, but it has since occured when i downloaded the 1.001 beta.

Noticed this change too, but I think there's a sort of action that trigger the lag sometimes... I can't remember which action seems trigger it!

ecliptic
05-25-2010, 05:40 AM
Is there any possibility of changing some set bonuses from hard number bonuses to percentiles? I usually can't justify wearing armor sets as the bonuses are usually fairly minor compared to the non-set pieces I often have. I am aware these have already been tweaked though.

DeathKnight1728
05-25-2010, 12:41 PM
The hunter's traps for some weird reason wont show up in the print of getting an increase in damage when you put points into trap mastery. I just noticed this..

TheRani
05-25-2010, 06:46 PM
The hunter's traps for some weird reason wont show up in the print of getting an increase in damage when you put points into trap mastery. I just noticed this..

I don't think I've ever noticed the damage numbers on any spell or skill increase on the skill/spell description when you invest in the relevant mastery. I didn't know it was supposed to. It'd be nice if it did that though, even if only in parentheses next to the base damage or something.

Markoff Chaney
05-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Some excellent suggestions in here and I would like to add one more, if I could - Hotkeys to select your fellow players in MP. It sure would make buffing and healing much easier. Something like F1 for self, F2 for the next in line and so on.

Thank you so much for this wonderful game. In what I think is the best example of emergent gameplay I've ever seen it keeps the game fresh every time I play, which is something ARPGs sorely needed and this game delivers on every level. Truly a pleasure. Much Gratitude.