PDA

View Full Version : Colonized Planets (Question / Problem)

Razghul
01-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Hey guys !

First things first: This game is awesome and i love that the whole game-world feels so alive, interactive and that everything has consequences :)

Question: Itīs very nice that players can see detailed information on a planet under the STATUS tab. It shows that the planet really has a use in the economic system of the races. Honestly though, does anybody know exactly how the races economics work ? How do minerals, technology etc. work together ? We can see how much minerals a planet produces, but you have no idea how much it needs to produce a ship for example. What exactly is influenced by the racesī technology level and how ?

Problem: Protecting planets of a race that you want to grow big is a cool thing, because it really makes a difference and you get rewarded. When you get a quest to do so, itīs literally impossible. Iīve waited on the planet for more than 20 minutes, killing off attackers. The planet stays unharmed, but the "Estimated Ship Build Time" keeps jumping every 5 seconds from 20:00 to 4:40:00 etc. First of all itīs not reliable and even if it was: 20 minutes is too long - 5 hours is nuts. Am i missing something ?

Greetings

Raz

Shadow
01-11-2013, 11:10 AM
Minerals and credits are used to build ships. Technology limits what components they can add to their ships. They also use credits for trading, rumors, gifts, etc.

The estimated time shouldn't go down anymore with the latest version unless their population is going down.

Razghul
01-11-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the quick answer :)

I see, i take it that means only if Drakk are technology level 2+ they can use the "nuclear missile II" technology that i sold to them. Nice to know !

The problem with the protect-planet-quest consists though, since the estimated times are just too high sometimes. Anyways, i guess i can just drop the quest and let the planet die... just doesnt feel right :)

Terraziel
01-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Minerals and credits are used to build ships. Technology limits what components they can add to their ships. They also use credits for trading, rumors, gifts, etc.

The estimated time shouldn't go down anymore with the latest version unless their population is going down.

As far as i can tell an empires credits are just the sum of the individual planets credits right?

Doesn't this mean that I am actually harming my allies by selling all my stuff to them, and there by taking all their credits?

Edit: On further examination each planet simply has access to all the race's credits, not that that makes much difference to the point at hand.

Shadow
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Doesn't this mean that I am actually harming my allies by selling all my stuff to them, and there by taking all their credits?

Currently, yes, but that might change soon.

MikeLemmer
01-15-2013, 06:55 PM
What if selling equipment to a race cost them credits, but gave them minerals (aka raw resources) in exchange?

Shadow
01-15-2013, 07:02 PM
I actually changed it today. It still costs them credits up front, but anything that gets past the recent components sold slots will eventually be sold behind the scenes. So in the short run, they still need the credits to buy your stuff, but in the long run, they will make a profit.

MikeLemmer
01-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Oo, very nice. I approve.

Razghul
01-16-2013, 01:16 PM
Awesome :)