PDA

View Full Version : Steam Greenlight

Scrump
01-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Why isn't this on Steam or Steam Greenlight? I feel like this is an amazing game but just needs some exposure!

droxop55
01-10-2013, 10:20 PM
I totally agree! This needs to be greenlit!

PixelLord
01-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I'm pretty sure Steven Peeler is working on that.

Shadow
01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
It's not on Steam because they turned us down as usual, however we should be submitting to Greenlight some time soon.

Castruccio
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I am completely at a loss for why Steam would turn down Drox. This is troubling news indeed. What the heck is going on over there?

Shadow
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
They initially turned down Depths of Peril and Din's Curse so this is pretty normal so far.

Castruccio
01-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Sure but the level of polish on Drox far exceeds that of DoP or DC. Everything is cleaner, and there is really nothing else like it in its genre. I just can't see the rationale for rejecting a game like Drox but accepting some of these other indie games that come out on a weekly basis. Also, I figured that write-up in Rock Paper Shotgun all but sealed your entry onto Steam.

ScrObot
01-11-2013, 08:22 PM
I can somewhat understand previous rejections (DoP because you were unknown, Din's Curse because it had been a "long time"), but with two games already on there, you'd think they'd okay a third without hesitation. (=

nox
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
This title is interesting, well polished, multiplayer and has some play depth. It's odd that it didn't get more traction. Considering some of the garbage on Steam, it seems odd they would pass on a genuinely interesting game.

It would be nice if you could give us some tools to spread the word about the game. Promo codes work pretty well. Give us individual promo codes that offer a modest discount and count towards something for us (free copies, etc.)

I've posted about the game on FB but I don't have anything to help draw people towards registering it and no incentive to do so.