PDA

View Full Version : Slower rep decline

Warlock
05-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if maybe the speed at which we lose rep with Din could be slowed down. While I'm in a dungeon, I get the warning that the town is under attack, so, as I'm running like a madman to get back to the gate, rep is being subtracted. When I get to tow, I then have to go looking for the enemy, all the while, rep is being subtracted.

I can understand if I'm being a lazy slob and I decide to let the town go to hell, but I'm trying my best to get back to help and feel like I'm being punished for it. It's not a very fun feeling and I actually rage quit just now. Argh!

TheRani
05-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi,

I was wondering if maybe the speed at which we lose rep with Din could be slowed down. While I'm in a dungeon, I get the warning that the town is under attack, so, as I'm running like a madman to get back to the gate, rep is being subtracted. When I get to tow, I then have to go looking for the enemy, all the while, rep is being subtracted.

I can understand if I'm being a lazy slob and I decide to let the town go to hell, but I'm trying my best to get back to help and feel like I'm being punished for it. It's not a very fun feeling and I actually rage quit just now. Argh!

When you lose reputation during a town attack, it's only because NPCs are dying. You lose a bit of rep (like 100 or so) every time an NPC dies. Usually you get back way more than you lost once you kill whatever was eating them.
Don't stress because you're losing rep. Stress because you don't want it to kill your important NPCs (vendors, warmaster, steward, etc.). Don't forget to use your teleport stone in a pinch. That's what it's there for.

Kruztee
05-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Yep, what TheRani said.

Reputation is *very* easy to build. You'll often get as much for handing in one quest that you would lose for several NPC's dying, or failed quests.

Don't stress about it. Rep doesn't actually mean all that much anyway. Even after becoming Din's Champion (which happens all too quickly and without any real fanfare) you just keep playing on regardless.:D

Framistan
05-03-2010, 04:27 AM
Couldn't the game at least give you a clue about where the enemy is? I've rushed back to town several times during attacks only to then run around looking for the enemy, while people are getting killed.

Shadow
05-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Couldn't the game at least give you a clue about where the enemy is? I've rushed back to town several times during attacks only to then run around looking for the enemy, while people are getting killed.

I still would like to be able to do this.

Roswitha
05-03-2010, 05:40 PM

Don't know if you've tried this. When I have to search for the monster I move toward the edge until the wall just barely shows on my mini-map. Then I run parallel to the wall and watch for red on the mini-map. I turn when the upcoming wall barely shows on the mini-map. It reduces the amount of running you need to do.

I still would like to be able to do this.

What if there was a flashing red spot on the edge of the mini-map in the appropriate direction? When it's actually on the mini-map, it stops flashing. (Or did you mean that you've tried and it doesn't work?)

Framistan
05-03-2010, 07:09 PM
It's easier if all NPC's just turn to face the enemy, so you can go where they're looking.

Kruztee
05-03-2010, 07:11 PM
It's easier if all NPC's just turn to face the enemy, so you can go where they're looking.

That's a really cool idea!

stants
05-03-2010, 07:48 PM
yeah i really like that idea, brilliant!

Warlock
05-04-2010, 12:21 AM

Yeah this would be helpful:)