PDA

View Full Version : More colorful "Unique Glow" effects

Valgor
05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
How about changing the unique items' glowing effect from the current yellowish-golden hue to a color reflecting their respective rarity; i.e. a cyan glow for set items, orange for elite and so on.
This would add even more variety to a player character's appearance, as well as further emphasizing the "special-ness" of all unique items in general...

I've also noticed that some unique items don't glow at all when equipped on a female character... if it's still there, it is not very noticable.

Shadow
05-04-2010, 03:25 PM
I think I've tried that but it didn't look good. I'll try it though and see how it looks.

Valgor
05-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Thanks for considering this idea of mine...

If it doesn't get added into the game, could you still release the changes as a mini-mod?

Shadow
05-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I tried it this morning and it looks kind of cool with the actual item colors. The old way did have different colors (bronze, silver, and gold), but it was pretty subtle.

Valgor
05-05-2010, 02:35 PM
Ah, so that's why I thought some uniques didn't glow... they actually had a silver glow effect.
Equipping them on a female character didn't have anything to do with it - the silver glow is just very hard to notice.

Shadow
05-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Ah, so that's why I thought some uniques didn't glow... they actually had a silver glow effect.
Equipping them on a female character didn't have anything to do with it - the silver glow is just very hard to notice.

Yeah that was probably it. I looked at the female this morning and everything looked like it was working correctly.

udm
05-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Very nice :).