PDA

View Full Version : Use of money

Quitch
05-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Playing as a conjurer I'm not sure what use money has. I easily make a ton by selling almost everything as most of it is unusable, but there's little for me to buy especially if you're doing a pet build where you're using one-off mana costs rather than spamming fireballs and the like.

I used a little money to respect, but I still seem to have a lot.

TheRani
05-04-2010, 06:59 PM
You'll always need at least enough money to keep stocked up on potions and food and for raising your skills. If you find yourself swimming in cash though, you can buy some stuff for your less wealthy alts and put it in the shared stash.

Kruztee
05-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Playing as a conjurer I'm not sure what use money has. I easily make a ton by selling almost everything as most of it is unusable, but there's little for me to buy especially if you're doing a pet build where you're using one-off mana costs rather than spamming fireballs and the like.

I used a little money to respect, but I still seem to have a lot.

In the early beta, the game was a lot harder. Back then, most of my money went on food and potions, but these days most of my characters have a large stockpile as well.

Perhaps there should be a monetary penalty as well as EXP debt when the PC is killed?

Here are some tips though.

*Play on higher difficulty towns. You'll need to spend more time on each level and you'll burn through food and potions a lot more quickly.

*Regularly check all vendors. Every now and then they sell some really good gear. Unless you play at games where the difficulty is 10 levels higher than your character, you should be buying a lot of good gear from these guys.

*Gamble obessively at the western corner of many towns.

*When there is a potion vendor in town, stock up on potions for the next few towns where you might not see one. Potions seem to be quite expensive. Especially resistance potions, where you might want to drink another one before the old one has run out. Good resistance potions can make the difference between a hard level and a cakewalk.

*Make some alts and use them to stash unique, legendary and set items rather than selling them to the vendors. Not only does it look cool to have masses of cool coloured weapons all together, but it's useful for "tweaking" other characters as well.

PixelLord
05-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, I know what you mean. I have over 600 GP. I'd like to donate it to the town's local hospital where patients can be bled and have leeches cure their ailments. :)

graffen69
05-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Playing as a conjurer I'm not sure what use money has.
...I used a little money to respect, but I still seem to have a lot.

Uhm, what level is your Conjurer and what level are you playing on?

At lvl 50+ playing on 60+ iŽm glad if can make 3 Gold. The foodŽn potions getting really expensive. I guess i could play the game on the same level as my Conjurer but that would be way to easy & take forever to level. Also i buy a lot of stuff for my alts, weapons, plate & chain and most importantly bigger Bags. Granted, if iŽd stick with one toon only iŽd prolly had a lot of cash as well. ;)

Quitch
05-05-2010, 03:51 AM
This is my first character (now level 8 or 9) who started at the default difficulty level (monster level matches mine). As I have been spending my skill points on summons I don't really need mana potions, I haven't found a need for resistance potions yet, and I rarely need anything more than roast quail to bring me back to health.

I have died three times, mainly because I didn't realise I was losing health, had I noticed I had a good stack of healing potions ready to go. No potions vendor in my town, I just buy from the essentials pool.

I gamble on everything the gambler has, but for my class that's usually only one or two items. The other vendors very rarely have gear relevant to my class. Almost all my gear has come from drops.

Right now me and my summons just beat every monster to death. I perhaps need to pick a higher difficulty for the next town.

Jorlen
05-05-2010, 10:16 AM
*Play on higher difficulty towns. You'll need to spend more time on each level and you'll burn through food and potions a lot more quickly.

*Regularly check all vendors. Every now and then they sell some really good gear. Unless you play at games where the difficulty is 10 levels higher than your character, you should be buying a lot of good gear from these guys.

*Gamble obessively at the western corner of many towns.

*When there is a potion vendor in town, stock up on potions for the next few towns where you might not see one. Potions seem to be quite expensive. Especially resistance potions, where you might want to drink another one before the old one has run out. Good resistance potions can make the difference between a hard level and a cakewalk.

*Make some alts and use them to stash unique, legendary and set items rather than selling them to the vendors. Not only does it look cool to have masses of cool coloured weapons all together, but it's useful for "tweaking" other characters as well.

^^ That is some really good advice for everyone, actually!

Cadfan
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
What summons do you use with your Conjurer? I'm curious about how those work.

Quitch
05-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Well I just switched my Chaos Lord to a Fury since the Chaos Lord kept killing me through cave-ins. I have also swapped my raise skeleton to raise dead.

graffen69
05-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Cadfan wrote What summons do you use with your Conjurer? I'm curious about how those work.

Not sure who the question was aimed for but at early levels (1-15ish) i used Melee Skellys & Screes, later on switched to Fury and Raise Dead as well. At 54 using 4 Furys & 3 raised dead. The raised dead lets you play on higher levels since they "raise" at whatever level they died and you gotta find a balance between it and what your Furys can handle. Just feed the champions and elites, the others you can just resummon or raise.