PDA

View Full Version : I am mortal...so what next?

DeathKnight1728
05-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I just finished my 5th town. After aborting 4 that were crazy in beta. I got the message from din saying that i am mortal. So the question is, can i do the next difficult...cause i tried and i cant. Do i have to finish that world?

TheRani
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I just finished my 5th town. After aborting 4 that were crazy in beta. I got the message from din saying that i am mortal. So the question is, can i do the next difficult...cause i tried and i cant. Do i have to finish that world?

He's always calling me mortal. Being a Mortal just means you're a puny being capable of getting killed. When you earn your freedom, Din will actually specifically tell you that, and give you a nice reward chest (not the same as the chest you get when you finish a town). You can look at your character screen and it will tell you if you're free, or an elite champion of Din, or whatever.

Whether you gain your freedom or not, you can still move onto the next difficulty once you hit level 25.

DeathKnight1728
05-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the reply. I asked because i've never been to a new difficulty. Wanted to see how it was ya kno.

demoss
06-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Whether you gain your freedom or not, you can still move onto the next difficulty once you hit level 25.

Gaining freedom doesn't appear to be sufficient to move on to the next difficulty - I gained it at level 18 with a wizard, finished another town or two, and still didn't get the option to move on to the next difficulty until reaching level 25 (this is with the 1.002 beta, if it matters). I did notice that the verbiage on the game start screen said something about Din's final quest, though - is that something different? If so, how does one get it?