PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer dungeon vendor swap

Aet
05-06-2010, 03:10 AM
In the midst of a level 38 dungeon, I had pegged down the location of several nifty vendors - including a potion vendor, elite jewelry vendor, and bag vendor. This was a multiplayer game I was running around alone in, and did manage to save the town (I had reached level 40 by this time). I had not yet left when another player joined in that was level 1x. Suddenly I noticed all the dungeon vendors had switched their wares to selling other, less useful things. (Except for the bag vendor, they vanished entirely without a body left behind - though a deliver-the-package quest NPC was suddenly spotted nearby, not sure if it's related.)

I've never seen a vendor at a known location swap their wares (and respective title to match) before now...

Shadow
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
They do try to change to match each person to some extent.

Aet
05-06-2010, 10:51 AM
Ah okay, so this falls under the "Feature" category rather than the "Bug" one. Thanks for the info. :)

Kruztee
05-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Sorry, that was me.:(

I guess it's something to be mindful of when joining a game that is several levels above your character level.

Aet
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
No need to apologize, I had been planning to leave shortly anyhow - and already got the good stuff from them. :p

It does give me hope to have people randomly join MP games (plus, it is kinda the entire point of hosting a game as MP) - when I saw one and tried to join it repeatedly a few days ago, Din's kept coming back with an error. And since I had been playing that town quite awhile before you stopped by, I was starting to get worried that something might be wrong on my end that prevented multiplayer joins.

Kruztee
05-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Even though I'm playing from the Australian east coast, the lag is still unbearably bad (I can cope with 200-250 ms ping times to the WoW servers, no problem). With the low bandwith settings enabled it does seem a little better, but nowhere near good enough to be playable. In town everything is fine, but once I head down into the dungeon, things just get worse and worse until the game becomes completely unresponsive. It's a gradual degradation of performance over a minute or so, and is worse when there are more players in the game, and more enemies on screen. Sometimes I have to alt-F4 to exit.

On the plus side, LAN games with my daughter are awesome :D

Can anyone suggest values to use in the server data rate and client data rate settings area? My internet connection is ADSL 1500/256kbps down/up respectively. I have forwarded ports 26503-26507 in my firewall. At least I think I have done this correctly... Is it possible to play over the internet without doing this?:confused:

Shadow
05-07-2010, 09:53 AM
When playing on the internet (at least for you) I would suggest turning on the low bandwidth option and trying out a client rate of around 3000.