PDA

View Full Version : Din's Curse Bytten review

Shadow
05-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Din's Curse has another good review (94%) over on Bytten (http://www.bytten.com/gamereview.php?id=402). Here's a quote: The most intriguing aspect of the game is that your actions - or lack of them - lead to consequences.

udm
05-07-2010, 05:30 PM
You guys can trust Bytten. I know the guy - well sort of, through Darkwind - and he is a really decent, reliable chap.

Great review too! Apparently he also really likes DoP as well.

Shadow
05-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Bytten has treated us very well over the years.

Kruztee
05-13-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm Steve Blanch, the other Bytten reviewer.

Since I was involved with beta-testing as were many others here, and have had a rather long history playing Soldak games, I asked Andrew to review DC for us since I was unsure of my ability to remain objective, and also so that we could get a fresh perspective on the game from a player who had not played through the changes from v0.900 to the release version.

Interestingly to me, Andrew hardly even touches on the hybrid/class system, which is one of the game's strongest features, in my opinion. Still, I tend to agree with pretty much all of his points and think that it's a fair review of a great game.

Andrew is a little more liberal with his gold stars that I am (though, he is pretty stingy too) but Din's Curse is a valid recipient. Congratulations!:D

udm
05-14-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but get Andrew to come back to Darkwind please! :D