PDA

View Full Version : Any Breakpoints in DC?

graffen69
05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
I understand the basics of how magic find, Crushing Blow, Armor Rating and similair stuff works in the game, but does it work like in Diablo 2 where there are certain ”breakpoints”? Like for instance (in D2) Magic Find; from +1% to +99% there was no increase at all, basically only each full +100% would yield a bonus. Is this the case in Din´s Curse too? Or does a minor increase in say Magic Find, like +10% give a 10% bonus to your basic chance, say 2% to a total of 2,2 %?
How about Armor Rating? Are there any breakpoints? Or does each point of Armor (or Defense) yield some minor bonus that is taken into account?
If there are any breakpoints are they already on the forum somewhere?

DeathKnight1728
05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I know i never made the game, but....

I dont think shadow made it like d2. Because i've noticed even little changes in my characters chances in deepwounds, Critical hit, etc. If what you said did exist, then putting points into intelligence would only be useful for mages and rogues would get the shaft because they wouldnt be getting the most out of intelligence. Hell, all chars would get the shaft if that existed...

But that's just what i think.

Cadfan
05-08-2010, 05:48 PM
As far as I can tell, the game uses fractional accounting on everything I can verify. So every little bit helps.

Even if the game rounds to the nearest whole number with regards to things like percentage accuracy or percentage damage reduction from armor, it doesn't matter because the game calculates these things based on enemy level, and you fight enemies of multiple levels, which means that the breakpoint would be different for each level of foe.

The only exception I can think of is Spirit and its effect on elemental resistances. It takes 5 points of spirit to get 1 point of elemental resistance. 4 points doesn't do anything, you need 5. Of course, Spirit also gives other benefits that work on the fractional system.

Shadow
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
We don't really have any intentional break points. For your examples, every extra percent of magic find helps and so does every point in armor or defense.

Many stats are rounded down to the nearest whole number though (not all of them though). That's why as Cadfan mentioned you need 5 spirit to gain your resistance bonus.

graffen69
05-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Thx for the clarification.