PDA

View Full Version : Character slides across screen rather than running

timbobaskins35
05-09-2010, 03:24 PM
I've experienced this on all my characters but especially for an archer type. If you move around while firing at an enemy, your character doesn't use the run animation, it just moves around the screen using the standing state which ends up making it look like the character is ice skating around the dungeon.

Roswitha
05-10-2010, 11:19 AM
My trickster does that when she's going to Stealth mode on the move.

Jorlen
05-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Like the druid's stalker skill? Looks like a tiger skating on ice :)

Shadow
05-11-2010, 10:17 AM
This is a design choice. Right now our technology choices are to not show the skill animation, not show the run animation (and let you slide), or force you to stand still when you use skills.

I felt that it would be more fun to let you run and use your skills even though it looks strange.

timbobaskins35
05-11-2010, 08:59 PM
This is a design choice. Right now our technology choices are to not show the skill animation, not show the run animation (and let you slide), or force you to stand still when you use skills.

I felt that it would be more fun to let you run and use your skills even though it looks strange.

Could you at least add ice skates to the character when that happens??? Lol, just kidding.

I definitely love being able to run and use the skills, but that's good to know its not a bug.

Viliki
05-22-2010, 11:57 AM

I like a lot this approach and don't feel it strange, I have been a used Doom player and slipping is now natural physic. In fact I'd like have an option to have slipping when you reach your arrival point or change direction. That's what is weird, the ground is obviously slipping and you stop instantly, quite magical. :)

Some more slipping and some bouncing, could be rather fun with good controls.