PDA

View Full Version : Retina display problem

planetary
01-19-2013, 01:31 AM
Trying to play the Drox Operative 1.00 on a Macbook Pro with 15" retina display, and there's a weird offset such that the mouse pointer doesn't actually activate what it's on top of, but something a fair bit higher up. On the startup menu, for example, when the pointer is at the bottom of the screen, the "play" button is highlighted.

Anyone know what's going on?

planetary
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Continued looking around online hasn't yielded anything. So far, the game remains unplayable.

Shadow
01-21-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure that Apple made it so you had to specifically support retina displays instead of it working like things normally do, so the report numbers to the game that make no sense unless you know it's a retina display and need to compensate.

You might be able to run in a lower resolution or playing in a window might help.

planetary
01-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I've attempted all the available resolutions available in the System Preferences > Displays, and there's no luck. I don't think there's a way to have a retina mac set to a specific resolution -- at least, no easy one that's surfaced in the UI.

Alternately, how do you get the game to run in a window? -- Remember, I can't get to the in-game options menu, because the button on the main menu isn't selectable due to the mouse pointer offset. I tried to use arrow keys at the main menu, to control the button selection via keyboard, but apparently that's not supported. Are settings, including windowed mode, stored in a config file somewhere?

Shadow
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
I meant resolutions within the game, although you are going to have the same UI issue to change it.

You want to change user.cfg which on the Mac will be in the folder /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DroxOperative/User

Change the value for r_fullscreen to 0 to play in a window.

You can change the values for r_width and r_height to change the resolution.

planetary
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Success. Thanks, Shadow!

Siveria
02-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Trying to play the Drox Operative 1.00 on a Macbook Pro with 15" retina display, and there's a weird offset such that the mouse pointer doesn't actually activate what it's on top of, but something a fair bit higher up. On the startup menu, for example, when the pointer is at the bottom of the screen, the "play" button is highlighted.

Anyone know what's going on?

This is why you don't try to play games on mac's OS it is total garbage for it. Install windows on that pc if you wanna do any gaming, you'll have less issues.