PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Traps

graffen69
05-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Is it really THAT easy to avoid traps from chest? Just by breaking it? Kinda puts the rogue to shame :eek:

TheRani
05-11-2010, 12:10 AM
Is it really THAT easy to avoid traps from chest? Just by breaking it? Kinda puts the rogue to shame :eek:

Not really. Breaking a trapped chest when you don't have the Disarm Traps skill activates the trap. If you break a chest with a cave-in trap on it, a cave-in happens as soon as you break it. If you are careful to break it from far enough away (like with a ranged attack or a fire bomb or something) you can usually avoid suffering the effects of the trap, but it can still make your life more difficult. The ensuing fire trap or cave-in may destroy a nearby support beam, or a shrine or altar you were hoping to use, etc. An alarm trap will still make the enemies come running.

Plus keep in mind that if a rogue disarms a trap, they not only avoid pain, but they get experience for it. Disarm Trap on my rogue has been absolutely worth it.

graffen69
05-11-2010, 01:21 AM
TheRani wrote Not really. Breaking a trapped chest when you don't have the Disarm Traps skill activates the trap. If you break a chest with a cave-in trap on it, a cave-in happens as soon as you break it.

I hear what you are saying, but at 60+ nearly every chest is trapped and just by attacking the chest and by such breaking it open, the trap dosent seem to trigger. Since i started doing this i cant say i recall the last time i set of a chest trap.
Mebbe its a glitch or mebbe im just insanly lucky. Either way, works for moi. :)

Shadow
05-11-2010, 10:20 AM
I believe traps are supposed to go off when you break chests, I'll look at it.