PDA

View Full Version : Fire Elemental is .. mental..

Teddy
05-12-2010, 07:23 PM
I currently have a Palladin/Fire Mage hybrid and have been enjoying this combination.. except for one bit that I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

When I summon my fire elemental, occasionally it will attack me. It's kind of amusing in town, but when your getting your face smashed in and 'call in the reinforcements', it's not helpful when he's trying to kill you at the same time.

Is that supposed to happen? I never noticed anything in the manual or tooltip about this possibility.

graffen69
05-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Same thing happend to me once or twice with some of my pets, dont remember if it was the Chaos Lord, a Fury or a Raised one.
My pets also seem to just wander around after a mob Chaos Lord uses his stun. I have to summon new ones so they attack him until he stuns again, then summon new again, rinse and repeat.

Shadow
05-13-2010, 10:09 AM
They shouldn't attack you so that would be a bug.

Teddy
05-16-2010, 12:05 PM
The fire elemental seems pretty useless thus far.

He wanders around aimlessly (in aggressive) or pulls other mobs (in defensive), does very minimal damage, and only lasts 30 seconds.

I thought he would make a "HELP!" summon, but he usually causes me more grief than he's worth. He needs a taunt or something to get mobs off my butt if he's only going to hang around for less than a minute.

Aet
05-16-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't really mind its behavior - being chased and firebolted by my own summon on occasion gets a laugh before I resummon to "fix" it.

But the 30 second time duration renders it too tedious to bother. Having to resummon because it keeps getting killed in battle being useful is one thing; having to resummon every minute just on general principle is annoying enough that I've unallocated its points and just don't use it anymore.

Shadow
05-17-2010, 10:50 AM
The fire elemental is meant to be a really powerful, occasional boost. It doesn't seem to be balanced that way though.