PDA

View Full Version : Any way to move character files?

tomchick
05-13-2010, 11:16 PM
Thanks to Din's Curse's wonderfully awesome fantastic support for LAN games, my buddies and I are going to be playing characters on my home LAN. Based on my experience with similar action RPGs like Titan's Quest, Diablo, and Sacred, I know this can get confusing over the long haul. People don't always remember which computer their character is on, and sometimes two dudes have characters on the same system and they can't play with each other. So I'm wondering if there's any way to save a character so you can move him from computer to computer?

I've looked around in a few different folders, but I don't see any conspicuous files for where characters are stored. Anyone know if this is possible and what files I need to back-up and move characters?

Thanks in advance,

-Tom

Shadow
05-13-2010, 11:47 PM
I already answered by email, but I post here so everyone else gets the answer also.

Where your characters are stored depends on your OS:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User\chars
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User/chars

global.sav and global.sts are your shared stash and shared stats.

Generally each specific character has a chr, map, and wld file.

There are also log files in the Logs directory that captures all the player chats and all text that shows up in the text area in the lower left part of the game screen. It saves these per character/per town.

tomchick
05-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Perfect! Thanks, Steven!

-Tom