PDA

View Full Version : Hunter cooking skill

Roswitha
05-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm playing a hunter character for the first time, and I like the cooking skill: you search corpses to see if they have something edible. I've picked up quite a bit of food, that way. Does the hunter ever find mana items with this skill? I haven't found any, but I'm just getting started. I think it would be useful to have, say, a 20% chance of getting mana instead of food. Does it do that already?

Aet
05-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Only meat or bread, from what I can recall. (Yeah... I don't know why a demon would be carrying around baked bread either.) But it definitely saves on desperate town trips to replenish the food supply.

One other handy trait for that skill - use it on those green poison-spewing carcasses to immediately cease their harm.

DeathKnight1728
05-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Food is very useful for the hunter. But wait until you get to the traps. I recommend cold and net.

TheRani
05-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Hunters tend to have extremely mana-cheap skills, most things only being 8 or 10 mana, tops, so it's very easy for them to keep their mana-regen high enough to get by without mana food. Personally, I don't get why the trap mastery skill bothers with the Mana-cost reduction thing, since it's already so cheap. Is it really worth skill points to reduce the mana cost of something that only cost 8 to begin with? Especially when the traps themselves have a 5 second reuse time? I mean, if you recharge even 2 mana per second, you'll have regained enough to recast your trap before it's ready to go again. The only thing good about the trap mastery is the increase in skill damage.