PDA

View Full Version : Texture / Image files

monsterfurby
01-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Greetings everyone!
Obviously, I am new here as I have just recently discovered Soldak and their great games. I am just about to buy Din's Curse on Steam and am currently playing the Drox Operative Demo like a madman. Since I'm a passionate modder, I'm also looking into modding capability.

The game looks very moddable, with one exception: image assets. Apparently, the format used is CTX, which seems to be some sort of geometry-dependent texture file. So I was wondering - is it possible to edit these and if so, how would I go about that?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to buying this game once I have scraped together 20 bucks :)

Shadow
01-21-2013, 03:51 PM
The game also reads in tga files which is supported by many graphics tools. When the game finds a tga, but not a corresponding ctx file, it will automatically build it. A ctx file is basically just a compressed version with all of the needed mipmaps.

bong
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
who cares about the textures

you should buy dins curse anyway its beautiful as it is

and its one of the best action rpgs on the planet

bong
01-21-2013, 06:16 PM
thoroughly thoroughly recommended

if you love diablo then play this

then youll look back and think 'why did i love diablo'

dins curse will open your eyes

monsterfurby
01-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Thanks folks, my main goal was changing the race logos, which worked perfectly after reading around in the Din's Curse forums (and using the console command 'buildtgas'). In fact, it worked a bit *too* well.

I used an override folder structure to replace the logos, which worked fine. However, after moving the folder out of the Drox Operative directory, the test logo I had made actually persists in the game. Is there a cache file somewhere I need to delete to make the game use the assets file again?

Edit: Reinstalling the demo did the trick. Turns out just backing up the assets001.zip file is not enough.