6) SharpCarlos 19
7) Viliki 17
8) Delilah Rehm 13
9) DeathKnight1728 12
10) Shadow 7

Others:
Heinosity 21 (no save)
Hyfrydle 8 (no save)

Ok, let's start our first mini tournament. Today we are playing Gilbert a Trickster / Ice Mage who is currently trying to save the town Chullu. Din has left Gilbert a mortal. When he dies he really dies, so be careful.

The goal of this tournament is to see how high of a level everyone can get this character to and of course to have fun!

It will last about a week. I will post the results next Monday (May 24th), hopefully in the morning some time. I will accept any entries that are posted on this thread when I start tabulating the results. If I were you I wouldn't temp fate too much and I would post your results on Sunday or before. I live in central US for time zone purposes.

Instructions
------------
1) Download the attached zip file
2) Unzip the file into the DC chars directory which is here:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User\chars
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User/chars

3) Start the game, choose Play, Choose Gilbert, and then choose Load Existing World
4) Play the game, but be careful you are playing a hardcore character

5) When you die or it's getting close to the end of the time limit, export your character using the vbulletin export (it gets exported to the user directory, the parent directory of the one in step 2)
6) Zip up your character files for this character (we really only need the chr and wld files). These are in the directory in step 2
7) Post the export in this thread and attached your zipped character files also
8) If you still have time try again

Rules
------
1) Please no cheating
2) No mods are allowed except the unlockedModes mode
3) You should be playing at least version 1.001
4) You can play multiple times (only your highest entry will count though)
5) At least for this tournament you can start as many towns as you want

Hopefully all of this makes sense and that I covered everything. More importantly, have fun!

Jorlen
05-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Trickster / Icemage eh? That should be interesting :)

Kruztee
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
Horror, Darkness, Mushrooms, Rainy and Demons.

Thanks for picking such a nice, bright and cheerful bunch of world modifiers for us too.:rolleyes:

This is a wierd hybrid. I'm going to hazzard a guess and predict that most people will heavily specialize in one facet or the other. My main character is a rogue, so I'm tempted to put all my points into Ice Mage.

SharpCarlos
05-17-2010, 11:05 PM
I've cleared two towns, and got my character up to level 10. I'm one of those players who likes to not juggle a bunch of active skills, so I'm using the Ice Mages' Ice Storm as my go-to attack (area effect, damage over time, slows enemies, what's not to like?) and putting points into into some of the Trickster's passive defensive skills. Fun build, so far!

Second town was a bear, though: It was one of those devastated towns full of destroyed buildings and NO vendors, but it was NOT a "do one quest and finish the world" town. Had to fight my way down 7 levels and do a bunch of quests to finish it off. Yikes. Towards the end a wandering vendor gave me the chance to restock my potions and food, or I never would have made it.

Jorlen
05-17-2010, 11:35 PM
I was just starting my 2nd town when I went down and got 1-shotted by a big purple boss heh. Looks like I'll have to revise my strategy! R.I.P. Gilbert#1

Delilah Rehm
05-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Here's my guy so far... Very happy about finding Fang.

Gilbert
Level 8 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)
Stats

Health: 126 / 126
Mana: 75 / 75

Attack: 71
Defense: 160
Armor: 44

Damage: 5 - 14
Dps: 13.6

Reputation Level: 2

Money: 76SP 46CP

Attributes

Strength: 20
Dexterity: 18
Vitality: 27
Intelligence: 19
Spirit: 9

Points Left: 0

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 18
Cold Resistance: 11
Poison Resistance: 5
Lightning Resistance: 1
Magic Resistance: 6

Skills

Dodge lvl 2
Evasion lvl 1
Arctic Shard lvl 3

Equipment

Cloth Mantle of Currency
Rarity: Common Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 11 / 11
3 armor
+36% Find Extra Money
+3% armor
Requires armor skill: Cloth
Sell value: 22CP
Retail value: 92CP

Worn Cloth Shawl
Rarity: Normal Basic Type: Cape
Durability 16 / 16
5 armor
Requires skill: Cape
Sell value: 12CP
Retail value: 49CP

Worn Buckskin Vest
Rarity: Normal Basic Type: Leather
Durability 18 / 18
20 armor
Requires level 6
Requires armor skill: Leather
Sell value: 81CP
Retail value: 3SP 43CP

Ragged Cloth Cuffs
Rarity: Normal Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 20 / 20
3 armor
Requires level 5
Sell value: 6CP
Retail value: 26CP

Cloth Gloves
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 9 / 9
3 armor
+2 Strength
+1 Vitality
+1 Mana Regen
+5 Cold Resistance
+10% armor
Sell value: 73CP
Retail value: 3SP 9CP

Accurate Cloth Sash of Petrify
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 13 / 13
1 armor
+8 Attack
+5% armor
2.8% chance to cast level 1 Petrify when hit
Sell value: 30CP
Retail value: 1SP 24CP

Cloth Leggings
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 10 / 10
4 armor
+2 Strength
+1 Dexterity
+1 Vitality
+1 Intelligence
+1 Spirit
+4 Fire Resistance
+8% armor
Sell value: 1SP 6CP
Retail value: 4SP 58CP

Soft Leather Boots
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Leather
Durability 14 / 14
2 armor
+1 Vitality
+4 Poison Resistance
+5 Magic Resistance
+8% armor
Sell value: 35CP
Retail value: 1SP 45CP

Ciglio's Gold Ring
Ring
Rarity: Set
3 armor
+1 Vitality
+3 Armor
+1 Mana Regen
+8 Fire Resistance

Ciglio's Set: Ciglio's Braided Belt,
Ciglio's Robe, Ciglio's Gold Ring,
Ciglio's Silver Ring, Ciglio's Charm

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 6
Sell value: 1SP 49CP
Retail value: 6SP 72CP

Fang
Knife
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Dagger
Durability 16 / 16
4 to 9 Damage Speed 0.70
9.3 damage per second
+2 Min Damage
+2 Max Damage
+5 Fire Resistance
+5 Cold Resistance
+15% damage
+10% maximum damage
+0 to 2 Poison Damage
Requires 12 Dexterity
Requires weapon skill: Dagger
Sell value: 1SP 74CP
Retail value: 8SP 3CP

Fun stats

Kills: 591
Deaths: 0
Kills Per Death: 591

Gold Found: 18SP 81CP
Time Played: 2h 45s
Max Damage Dealt: 68
Max Damage Taken: 24
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 68
Max Health Healed: 112

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 0

Strongest Monster Defeated: Scavenger (Lvl 4)
Toughest Battle Won: Deadshot (Lvl 2) at Lvl 1
Strongest Monster Killed By: None
Weakest Monster Killed By: None

Quests Solved: 45

Equipment Worth: 30SP 21CP
Inventory Worth: 1GP 9SP 59CP

Secrets Found: 0

Towns Saved: 1
Towns Abandoned: 0
Towns Lost: 0

Din's Curse / Soldak Entertainment (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html)

graffen69
05-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Oh, i thaught there was only 1 play around, til the toon dies and thats it. Brings the sport out of me for it. Oh well.
Wish ya others good luck though. :)

viper34j
05-18-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh, i thaught there was only 1 play around, til the toon dies and thats it. Brings the sport out of me for it. Oh well.
Wish ya others good luck though. :)

How could you possibly keep people from cheating? Even the most honest among us would grant themselves a do'over if they get one shotted on the second town because their toddler distracted them.

Also, its fun trying to tweaking your build after failures to try and get the perfect mix between survivability and lethality.

Maybe...maybe it would be neat for the next tournament to not allow any abandoned or failed towns. So, if your character dies, or you fail a town (or abandon), you have to start over again. Anyone can create a character that never dies, but can they create one that always wins also?

Jorlen
05-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I think this sort of thing would be awesome if it was all handled in-game. Like, have a weekly ladder in-game, and server-hosted hardcore characters.

Of course this sort of thing requires quite a bit of coding, but I think it would give DC more longevity.

That said, even doing it manually, I'm having fun with this tournament. I'm able to learn from my death and do it all over again with the same character to try and learn from my mistakes and get stronger.

DeathKnight1728
05-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Thats what its about. If you cheat, your prally not going to have a fun time playing the tournament. It's cool being able to restart, but like jorlen said, it would be cool if the next one was different. Maybe like 2 mini tournaments. One is Monday through Thursday, the other is Thursday through Sunday. 1st death counts you out, but still allows you to participate in the next.

Shadow
05-18-2010, 01:53 PM
I am thinking of varying the rules slightly each time. We could do cursed, no town abandons, no town loses, fast pace, higher monster levels, etc.

SharpCarlos
05-18-2010, 01:54 PM
It's cool being able to restart, but like jorlen said, it would be cool if the next one was different.

Yeah, I think there's lots of ways these tournaments could be handled, and they'd all be fun for different reasons. Viper34j's suggestion (no abandoned towns) would be cool. On a similar note, making the number of towns saved the goal (as opposed to character level) would be neat (ESPECIALLY if you can't abandon towns, or if we penalize you for it. Like, your score is the number of saved towns minus half the number of abandoned towns). Or we could make the contest consist of just saving the first town, but judging how FAST we do it. Things like that.

I'm all for each tournament being slightly different than the last one.

Roswitha
05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Maybe we could have everybody say how many times they restarted when they turn in their game at the end of the week. We could find out a) how everybody did, considering the number of restarts, and b) what fraction of the players like to restart. Then we would have some statistics to go by for the next mini tournament.

viper34j
05-18-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm all down for varying the game rules, but they need to be grounded somewhere. You can enforce (or even verify) rules like not restarting after a HC death or something like not killing any elfs because they aren't tracked anywhere.

I say anything on the character export is fair game as far as tourny rules go.

Jorlen
05-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Maybe we could have everybody say how many times they restarted when they turn in their game at the end of the week. We could find out a) how everybody did, considering the number of restarts, and b) what fraction of the players like to restart. Then we would have some statistics to go by for the next mini tournament.

I like this idea. I'm sure most people who'd participate in this tourny would be honest. I don't see why anyone would cheat. I died on the first try after an hour (1 shot by a crazy ass boss) so I think it's harsh to have a one week tournament without being able to restart. I don't mind recording the amount of times I restart though, not at all.

PixelLord
05-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Well, I stupidly forgot that I was playing hardcore when the town was viciously attacked! Looking forward to the next mini tournament. <sigh>

Jorlen
05-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Well, I stupidly forgot that I was playing hardcore when the town was viciously attacked! Looking forward to the next mini tournament. <sigh>

Just re-unzip your Gilbert and restart him. It's allowed :) "8) If you still have time try again"

Viliki
05-19-2010, 07:53 AM
So here my current state, level 9. Funnily I also got a nice Fang, a reputation reward.

GilbertLevel 9 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 144 / 144
Mana: 92 / 92

Attack: 136
Defense: 252
Armor: 54

Damage: 8 - 21
Dps: 20.7

Money: 71SP 27CP

Attributes

Strength: 15
Dexterity: 36
Vitality: 31
Intelligence: 23
Spirit: 12

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 7
Cold Resistance: 17
Poison Resistance: 6
Lightning Resistance: 19
Magic Resistance: 7

Skills

Stealth lvl 3
Dodge lvl 3
Shuriken lvl 1

Equipment

Egotistical Soft Leather Shoulders of Currency (Ego)
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Leather
Durability 12 / 12
6 armor
Ego: +25% armor bonus
+34% Find Extra Money
+30% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 33CP
Retail value: 1SP 37CP

Cloth Shawl
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Cape
Durability 12 / 12
4 armor
+2 Defense
+4 Lightning Resistance
+5 Magic Resistance
+4% Magic Find Chance
+10% armor
Sell value: 41CP
Retail value: 1SP 69CP

Soft Leather Vest
Durability 16 / 16
15 armor
+1 Intelligence
+4 Defense
+10 Cold Resistance
+8% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 1SP 26CP
Retail value: 5SP 55CP

Cloth Cuffs of Frost Nova
Durability 13 / 14
4 armor
+2% armor
3.5% chance to cast level 5 Frost Nova when hit
Requires level 5
Sell value: 1SP 17CP
Retail value: 5SP 50CP

Soft Leather Gloves
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Leather
Durability 15 / 15
5 armor
+2 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+2 Vitality
+2 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+10 Attack
+10% armor
3.3% chance to cast level 2 Frost Nova when hit
Sell value: 2SP 12CP
Retail value: 10SP 12CP

Proud Leather Belt of Creativity
Durability 11 / 13
5 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+5% armor
Requires level 4
Sell value: 2SP 64CP
Retail value: 16SP 33CP

Leather Leggings of Blessings
Rarity: Common Basic Type: Leather
Durability 11 / 11
8 armor
+8% Magic Find Chance
+2% armor
Sell value: 31CP
Retail value: 1SP 27CP

Cloth Boots of Protection
Durability 8 / 8
7 armor
+5 Armor
+2% armor
Sell value: 18CP
Retail value: 75CP

Agate Jewelry
Rarity: Common
+4 Poison Resistance
Requires level 2
Sell value: 14CP
Retail value: 58CP

Ciglio's Charm
Jewelry
+1 Dexterity
+1 Spirit
+13 Lightning Resistance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 6
Sell value: 1SP 47CP
Retail value: 6SP 61CP

Fang
Knife
Rarity: Legendary Basic Type: Dagger
Durability 10 / 13
7 to 16 Damage Speed 0.70
16.4 damage per second
+5 Min Damage
+5 Max Damage
+5 Fire Resistance
+5 Cold Resistance
+20% damage
+20% maximum damage
+0 to 2 Poison Damage
Requires 12 Dexterity
Sell value: 2SP 64CP
Retail value: 18SP 30CP

Fun stats

Kills: 988
Kills Per Death: 988

Gold Found: 82SP 96CP
Time Played: 1h 27m 57s
Max Damage Dealt: 66
Max Damage Taken: 29
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 321
Max Health Healed: 0

Strongest Monster Defeated: Slink (Lvl 8)
Toughest Battle Won: Bingor (Lvl 1) at Lvl 1

Quests Solved: 21

Equipment Worth: 68SP 7CP
Inventory Worth: 1GP 61SP 72CP

Towns Saved: 2

Din's Curse / Soldak Entertainment (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Overview.html)

ecliptic
05-19-2010, 08:08 AM
1) It would be pretty cool to have this in-game. If Mr. Peeler finds free time on his hands, I think that would be great. This actually got me to pick the game up for the first time in a while, as it had been lost among many other games I've been meaning to play (I've been hooked on Evochron: Legends, lately, what a gem). ... Of course, anything with a high score list will automatically draw in cheaters, which would defeat the purpose. I suppose with that taken into account, the informal contests are probably more fun for everyone.

2) For the multi-town based ones, it would be interesting if the game used the same town generation random seed for everyone, maybe embed it in the character file and use that, so everybody's second, third, and fourth towns are identical, etc. I think it would be neat to hear about some people making it through the very same dungeon I got horribly destroyed on. I'm not sure how such a thing would interact with the fact that the next town is generated based on the player's level. Hadn't thought of that.

3) Restrictions on new town level settings? Slow or fast?

Regardless, thanks for the opportunity to try a different build out. My dude is a ice-grenade bombing monster currently! After a nap, I'm going to give my second town a go!

Jorlen
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
I made it to level 10 last night but stupidly blew up a bunch of barrels while I was standing only a few feet away at half health. Of course one of those barrels were explosive :) RIP Gilbert #2

Heinosity
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Made it to level 15. I've never played a Trickster, so far it's really cool. I have decided to stick to this one skill tree for the time being. High critical hit chances with a big staff is really nice, hehe. At the moment, he's just rolling everything. Although I almost bit the dust a couple of times due to the damn cave ins!

With the effects from Gouge, Evasion, and Dodge skills nothing can even hit him. However, after bragging about it, I'm sure he will get pwned soon, lol.

Viliki
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes with that much bragging you would worth some retaliation from the game. :)

Level 15 isn't bad, how many towns? When I stop played I was probably level 12, perhaps 13 and was struggling in 4th town.

Heinosity
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Yes with that much bragging you would worth some retaliation from the game. :)

Level 15 isn't bad, how many towns? When I stop played I was probably level 12, perhaps 13 and was struggling in 4th town.

Yeah, got surrounded by broods a little while ago and almost bought the farm again. Luckily I had smoke screen.

So far, I've saved 3 towns, and unfortunately lost 1.

Roswitha
05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
I got killed at Level 12. I was doing a lot of Stealth movement and then hitting people with Ice Storm. Then I had to find a boss on a level that was PACKED with Dark Elf Assassins and they got me. Last quest for my third town. :(

Viliki
05-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, got surrounded by broods a little while ago and almost bought the farm again. Luckily I had smoke screen.

So far, I've saved 3 towns, and unfortunately lost 1.

For now I saved 5 towns, lost none, but that's been a struggle to reach level 15 that I reach only now and well not sure I'll play much more today (I'm playing Infinite Space too now and really like it).

But if I lost no town it's a lot luck and bit because it's always my first top priority. I didn't got yet the really awful town setup, the worse was one with traps holes for multiples levels that put a lot of trouble to achieve quests. I also got one earthquake machine but that wasn't difficult to destroyed it asap.

But from now it will start be more difficult because of character developing.

ecliptic
05-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Saved three worlds, lost one. Almost had saved the current world too, was just exploring around, trying to get a new vendor since it was the last optional quest, and the other one surely would've ended the world.. Little danger of monster death. Stepped on a trap, and it one shotted me on Level 7 of the dungeon. RIP.

Also, shatter is amazing. That's all my character used. Everything else was designed to up mana regen and spell damage, and I could cast as fast as possible without running out of mana! I would clear rooms of bad guys with no trouble. :)

GilbertLevel 17 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 0 / 257
Mana: 276 / 276

Attack: 84
Defense: 171
Armor: 170

Damage: 11 - 20
Dps: 13.5

Reputation Level: 3

Money: 5GP 53SP 14CP

Attributes

Strength: 6
Dexterity: 24
Vitality: 54
Intelligence: 64
Spirit: 20

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 40
Cold Resistance: 9
Poison Resistance: 9
Lightning Resistance: 15
Magic Resistance: 4

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Dodge lvl 1
Evasion lvl 1
Concentration lvl 2
Shatter lvl 4
Cold Mastery lvl 1

Points Left: 1

Equipment

Zircon Leather Cap
Durability 23 / 24
27 armor
+5 Fire Resistance
+5 Cold Resistance
+5 Poison Resistance
+5 Lightning Resistance
+3% armor
Requires level 16
Sell value: 2SP 24CP
Retail value: 11SP 38CP

Wool Mantle
Durability 18 / 19
9 armor
+3 Defense
+3 Mana Regen
+8 Fire Resistance
+10% armor
7.0% chance to cast level 2 Haste when hit
Requires level 10
Sell value: 2SP 32CP
Retail value: 12SP 4CP

Quilted Shawl
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Cape
Durability 6 / 17
26 armor
Crystal: +25% armor bonus, can't be repaired
+4 Defense
+10 Armor
+35% armor
2.7% chance to cast level 2 Stun when hit
Requires level 9
Sell value: 2SP 51CP
Retail value: 12SP 57CP

Worn Studded Leather Vest
Durability 18 / 28
30 armor
Requires level 16
Sell value: 1SP 4CP

Fireweave
Quilted Cuffs
Rarity: Artifact Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 18 / 19
5 armor
+4 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+17 Fire Resistance
+42% Find Extra Money
+71% armor
Requires level 11
Sell value: 2SP 35CP
Retail value: 12SP 29CP

Hard Leather Gloves
Durability 19 / 25
24 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+9 Armor
+3 Disarm Trap
+8% armor
Requires level 11
Sell value: 3SP 17CP
Retail value: 30SP 2CP

Quilted Sash of Intensification
Durability 18 / 18
2 armor
+3 Mana Regen
+3% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 41CP
Retail value: 1SP 72CP

Hard Leather Leggings of Protection
Durability 21 / 21
27 armor
+8 Armor
+3% armor
Requires level 11
Sell value: 1SP 26CP
Retail value: 5SP 55CP

Hard Leather Boots (Cursed)
Durability 12 / 23
20 armor
Cursed: -25% level and attribute requirements
Crystal: +25% armor bonus, can't be repaired
-5 Strength
+32 Maximum Mana
+6 Lightning Resistance
+35% armor
Requires level 8
Requires 6 Strength
Level and attribute requirements 25.0% lower
Sell value: 1SP 99CP
Retail value: 9SP 41CP

Cuprite Ring
+6 Fire Resistance
Requires level 7
Sell value: 24CP
Retail value: 99CP

Jewelry of Hoarding
+10% Find Items Chance
Requires level 2
Sell value: 9CP
Retail value: 40CP

Jewelry of Belief
+5 Spirit
Requires level 11
Sell value: 1SP 37CP
Retail value: 6SP 10CP

Long Staff (Ego)
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Staff
Durability 17 / 18
Two-handed
10 to 16 Damage Speed 1.15
11.3 damage per second
Ego: +25% damage bonus
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+7 Spirit
+2 Min Damage
+35% damage
Requires 18 Dexterity
Requires weapon skill: Staff
Sell value: 3SP 60CP
Retail value: 25SP 43CP

Fun stats

Kills: 3065
Kills Per Death: 3065

Gold Found: 2GP 90SP 90CP
Time Played: 5h 21m 48s
Max Damage Dealt: 207
Max Damage Taken: 115
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 1320
Max Health Healed: 104

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 9

Strongest Monster Defeated: Loki (Lvl 12)
Toughest Battle Won: Loki (Lvl 12) at Lvl 12

Quests Solved: 75

Equipment Worth: 1GP 34SP 51CP
Inventory Worth: 3GP 69SP 99CP

Secrets Found: 7

Towns Saved: 3
Towns Lost: 1

jshar
05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
well its not the one from the competition but i wouldnt mind showing off this guy =)

Level 70 Warrior

Stats

Health: 1147 / 1211
Mana: 502 / 502

Attack: 1685
Defense: 2051
Armor: 2112

Damage: 392 - 840
Dps: 684.4

Reputation Level: 16

Money: 11GP 64SP 90CP

Attributes

Strength: 263
Dexterity: 187
Vitality: 122
Intelligence: 105
Spirit: 61

And just the one item

Sven's Falchion
War Sword
Rarity: Legendary Basic Type: Sword
Durability 68 / 68
93 to 177 Damage Speed 0.90
150.0 damage per second
+22 Intelligence
+38 Defense
+130% damage
+9 to 11 Cold Damage
+9 to 11 Lightning Damage
+9 to 11 Magic Damage
Requires 131 Strength
Requires 168 Dexterity
Requires weapon skill: Sword
Sell value: 65SP 70CP
Retail value: 13GP 14SP 14CP

Viliki
05-20-2010, 04:02 AM
Saved three worlds, lost one. Almost had saved the current world too, was just exploring around, trying to get a new vendor since it was the last optional quest, and the other one surely would've ended the world.. Little danger of monster death. Stepped on a trap, and it one shotted me on Level 7 of the dungeon. RIP.

Also, shatter is amazing. That's all my character used. Everything else was designed to up mana regen and spell damage, and I could cast as fast as possible without running out of mana! I would clear rooms of bad guys with no trouble. :)

GilbertLevel 17 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)

Nice, I didn't knew some traps could one shot you, too bad. I knew ceiling fall could but you are warned soon enough for them.

A question about the rules:
In the rules no quote about setup when you start a new town. For now I let all defaults at each new town but I was wondering if it was matching the rules to change rate or difficulty.

ecliptic
05-20-2010, 05:29 AM
Nice, I didn't knew some traps could one shot you, too bad. I knew ceiling fall could but you are warned soon enough for them.

Yup, it was one of those concentric fire ring traps. I was tapping on the potion button as I saw the death screen come up. It hit me twice as it grew out, my character was a bit of a glass cannon though (I'd neglected vitality a touch in favor of mana). Lesson learned. Avoid traps, and give my guy more HP. :)

In the rules no quote about setup when you start a new town. For now I let all defaults at each new town but I was wondering if it was matching the rules to change rate or difficulty.

I'm giving it another go right now. Back to level 12. :) Just beat the town using the faster quests option, and it was a bit hectic.

I've just been playing with default difficulty except for occasionally using faster quests. Setting it lower just makes the monsters a bit too much of a pushover, and if I set it higher I usually get obliterated after I go down more than a few levels.

Nim
05-20-2010, 05:51 AM
GilbertLevel 30 Trickster / Ice Mage (Din's Champion) (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 411 / 411
Mana: 875 / 875

Attack: 199
Defense: 282
Armor: 156

Damage: 18 - 47
Dps: 28.3

Reputation Level: 8

Money: 26GP 62SP 17CP

Attributes

Strength: 49
Dexterity: 57
Vitality: 60
Intelligence: 235
Spirit: 53

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 23
Cold Resistance: 21
Poison Resistance: 21
Lightning Resistance: 27
Magic Resistance: 15

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Frost Nova lvl 9
Concentration lvl 1
Frost Bite lvl 3
Cold Mastery lvl 3

Equipment

Honorable Buckskin Cap
Durability 32 / 36
27 armor
+8 Strength
+8 Dexterity
+8 Vitality
+8 Intelligence
+8 Spirit
+3% armor
Requires level 21
Sell value: 4SP 97CP
Retail value: 1GP 8SP 19CP

Necklace of Learning
+9 Intelligence
Requires level 12
Sell value: 3SP 6CP
Retail value: 16SP 74CP

Honorable Studded Leather Shoulders of Regeneration
Durability 27 / 29
23 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+0.7 Health Regen
+5% armor
Requires level 20
Sell value: 2SP 91CP
Retail value: 61SP 26CP

Noble Thick Cloth Shawl
Rarity: Common Basic Type: Cape
Durability 29 / 29
13 armor
+6 Strength
+6 Dexterity
+6 Vitality
+6 Intelligence
+6 Spirit
+3% armor
Requires level 17
Sell value: 2SP 75CP
Retail value: 55SP 0CP

Studded Leather Vest
Durability 24 / 26
25 armor
+7 Strength
+7 Dexterity
+7 Vitality
+7 Intelligence
+7 Spirit
+25 Max Health
+8% armor
Requires level 13
Level and attribute requirements 15.0% lower
Sell value: 5SP 99CP
Retail value: 1GP 26SP 85CP

Strife
Woven Cuffs
Durability 37 / 38
25 armor
+4 Dexterity
+7 Intelligence
+14 Armor
+5 Fire Resistance
+5 Cold Resistance
+5 Poison Resistance
+17 Lightning Resistance
+17% armor
Requires level 24
Sell value: 3SP 71CP
Retail value: 36SP 63CP

Noble Woven Gloves
Durability 34 / 34
10 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+3% armor
Requires level 16
Sell value: 3SP 69CP
Retail value: 38SP 47CP

Hard Leather Belt
Durability 27 / 28
12 armor
+9 Intelligence
+5 Max Stamina
+28 Perception
+55% armor
Requires level 12
Sell value: 2SP 58CP
Retail value: 13SP 60CP

Buckskin Leggings
Durability 18 / 19
11 armor
+5 Intelligence
+28 Max Health
+6 Poison Resistance
+8% armor
Requires level 6
Sell value: 2SP 80CP
Retail value: 15SP 68CP

Courageous Buckskin Boots of Regrowth
Durability 18 / 20
10 armor
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+1.2 Health Regen
+5% armor
Requires level 5
Sell value: 3SP 22CP
Retail value: 41SP 39CP

Ring of Soundness
+28 Max Health
Requires level 7
Sell value: 2SP 23CP
Retail value: 10SP 78CP

Shadowblaze
Ring
Rarity: Elite
+4 Dexterity
+4 Spirit
+1 Defense
+8 Fire Resistance
+5 Magic Resistance
Requires level 16
Sell value: 3SP 78CP
Retail value: 25SP 68CP

Dignified Jewelry
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
Requires level 11
Sell value: 5SP 52CP
Retail value: 1GP 10SP 50CP

Turquoise Jewelry
+6 Cold Resistance
Requires level 2
Sell value: 24CP
Retail value: 99CP

Battle Staff
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Staff
Durability 36 / 36
Two-handed
10 to 24 Damage Speed 1.15
14.8 damage per second
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+11 Defense
+107% Deep Wounds
+8% damage
Requires 33 Dexterity
Sell value: 2SP 98CP
Retail value: 46SP 43CP

Fun stats

Kills: 4858
Kills Per Death: 4858

Gold Found: 7GP 42SP 44CP
Time Played: 8h 30m 22s
Max Damage Dealt: 234
Max Damage Taken: 238
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 4892
Max Health Healed: 806

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 10

Strongest Monster Defeated: Scumslayer (Lvl 33)
Toughest Battle Won: Bloodmaster (Lvl 21) at Lvl 19

Quests Solved: 178

Equipment Worth: 7GP 8SP 19CP
Inventory Worth: 9GP 54SP 71CP

Secrets Found: 10

Towns Saved: 8
Towns Abandoned: 1

Still alive but spamming Frost Nova is getting really boring so I'm calling it quits.

Heinosity
05-20-2010, 12:00 PM

I have been playing with the defaults as well.

@Nim:

Man, I can't believe you are already to level 30. It would probably take me the next 2 days to get there, if my character even survives...which is becoming iffy.

Even more unbelievable is that you did it in a little over 8h, less time than it has taken my pure Trickster to get to level 19. Is Frost Nova just so heinous that it allows you to dance through the game with minimal effort? I'm just in awe here. :eek:

I'm having fun, and that's what really matters, but I kinda thought I may have had a chance there for a minute, lol.

I would actually like to see how far you could take that character before Monday, but either way, congratulations on totally laying the smack down. :)

Nim
05-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Even more unbelievable is that you did it in a little over 8h
I'm curious about that as well, I somehow doubt that is correct but I didn't really pay attention so who knows.

Even more unbelievable is that you did it in a little over 8h, less time than it has taken my pure Trickster to get to level 19. Is Frost Nova just so heinous that it allows you to dance through the game with minimal effort? I'm just in awe here.
Yes, compared to the other skills it is overpowered. For one, it is bugged in that it hits through walls, which is kinda nice :cool: And second, it has no cooldown, which means I can stealth, get in position and get a few Novas off before anything reaches me. And then you start circle strafing :D
Which makes it the ultimate crowd killer, bosses are a bit iffy but eh, I got lucky in that no quick ones spawned, that will probably be my death. And cave-ins ^^

I would actually like to see how far you could take that character before Monday, but either way, congratulations on totally laying the smack down. Well, imo there is no limit unless a cave-in or a real quick boss gets me but it is just too boring playing on.

Jorlen
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Well I'm officially out at level 13 on this one. Honestly I don't like this hybrid and I'm no longer enjoying it, and seeing someone get to level 30 has just crushed my motivation hehe (congrats Nim, good job!).

I am however looking forward to the next tournament! In the meantime I can level up my weaponsmaster / sorcerer and play some Red dead redemption. BTW You guys need to play online more! I'm almost the only one creating servers! This is a great community playing online, we just need more numbers! Don't worry it's not even close to other online games of this type, generally very mature and good players. GET ONLINE :)

Viliki
05-20-2010, 02:43 PM
GilbertLevel 30 Trickster / Ice Mage (Din's Champion) (Hardcore)Stats
Towns Saved: 8
Towns Abandoned: 1

Woo congrat and I'm a real amateur with my poor 15 levels.

Still alive but spamming Frost Nova is getting really boring so I'm calling it quits.

Yeah only 8 towns, you mainly did XP farming, not a surprise if you found it boring.

Did you knew you could reset character attributes and try something different for changing the gameplay? Well I'm not pushing you at all to improve more your record. :D

Viliki
05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm curious about that as well, I somehow doubt that is correct but I didn't really pay attention so who knows..
Yeah I noticed it too how the time recorded seems low, my bet is pause time isn't count and that make all the difference?

Viliki
05-20-2010, 05:11 PM
EDIT: Post edited to add the zip of the character files.

Ooops, died at level 17, not a trap or something, just two small bosses I was fighting at same time. They probably made both a critical at same time (mini bosses meetings).

Well I had points attibutes/skills to set and didn't used, and get punished! Not to mentioned that I played too confident for that sort of situation. :)

GilbertLevel 17 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 0 / 204
Mana: 97 / 97

Attack: 451
Defense: 373
Armor: 109

Damage: 17 - 39
Dps: 26.9

Reputation Level: 4

Money: 4GP 28SP 97CP

Attributes

Strength: 31
Dexterity: 47
Vitality: 32
Intelligence: 23
Spirit: 17

Points Left: 10

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 3
Cold Resistance: 11
Poison Resistance: 7
Lightning Resistance: 16
Magic Resistance: 3

Skills

Stealth lvl 4
Dodge lvl 4
Evasion lvl 2
Shuriken lvl 1

Points Left: 15

Equipment

Leather Cap of Deactivation
Durability 23 / 25
24 armor
+5 Disarm Trap
+2% armor
Requires level 14
Sell value: 1SP 46CP
Retail value: 7SP 4CP

Turquoise Necklace
+8 Cold Resistance
Requires level 12
Sell value: 36CP
Retail value: 1SP 48CP

Courageous Buckskin Shoulders
Durability 21 / 22
15 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+2% armor
Requires level 13
Sell value: 3SP 32CP
Retail value: 20SP 65CP

Precise Wool Shawl
Durability 20 / 22
13 armor
+77 Attack
+2% armor
Requires level 10
Sell value: 66CP
Retail value: 3SP 3CP

Egotistical Wool Robe of Frost Nova (Ego)
Durability 16 / 18
18 armor
+30% armor
3.0% chance to cast level 3 Frost Nova when hit
Requires level 7
Sell value: 1SP 59CP
Retail value: 8SP 4CP

Exact Soft Leather Bracers of Blessings
Durability 17 / 17
5 armor
+43 Attack
+7% Magic Find Chance
+5% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 30CP
Retail value: 1SP 23CP

Greed
Buckskin Gloves
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Leather
Durability 20 / 21
9 armor
+10 Attack
+42% Find Extra Money
+8% Find Items Chance
+9% Magic Find Chance
+9 Light Intensity
+15% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 84CP
Retail value: 3SP 78CP

Proud Leather Belt of Creativity
Durability 12 / 13
5 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+5% armor
Requires level 4
Sell value: 2SP 82CP
Retail value: 16SP 33CP

Exact Buckskin Leggings of Soundness
Durability 22 / 23
10 armor
+48 Attack
+24 Max Health
+5% armor
Requires level 6
Sell value: 1SP 45CP
Retail value: 6SP 82CP

Fine Buckskin Boots of Regeneration
Durability 16 / 17
10 armor
+109 Attack
+0.6 Health Regen
+5% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 1SP 17CP
Retail value: 5SP 43CP

Agate Jewelry
+4 Poison Resistance
Requires level 2

Ciglio's Charm
Jewelry
+1 Dexterity
+1 Spirit
+13 Lightning Resistance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 6

Quarterstaff
Durability 28 / 30
Two-handed
14 to 30 Damage Speed 1.04
21.2 damage per second
+3 Min Damage
+8 Max Damage
+10% damage
+2 to 4 Lightning Damage
8.9% chance to cast level 5 Poison on successful hit
Requires 27 Dexterity
Sell value: 3SP 47CP
Retail value: 23SP 71CP

Fun stats

Kills: 2395
Deaths: 1
Kills Per Death: 2395

Gold Found: 2GP 81SP 15CP
Time Played: 4h 18m 0s
Max Damage Dealt: 139
Max Damage Taken: 107
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 659
Max Health Healed: 288

Strongest Monster Defeated: Spark (Lvl 12)
Toughest Battle Won: Static Charge (Lvl 8) at Lvl 10
Strongest Monster Killed By: Darkfaith (Lvl 15)
Weakest Monster Killed By: Darkfaith (Lvl 15)

Quests Solved: 78

Equipment Worth: 1GP 4SP 73CP
Inventory Worth: 2GP 93SP 85CP

Secrets Found: 21

Towns Saved: 5

Heinosity
05-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, I finally bit the dust. Going to try again with different stats. I put too much into intelligence trying to get a high chance for critical hits, but it's not worth it.

GilbertLevel 21 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 0 / 302
Mana: 259 / 259

Attack: 238
Defense: 318
Armor: 166

Damage: 19 - 41
Dps: 26.1

Reputation Level: 5

Money: 8GP 57SP 62CP

Attributes

Strength: 44
Dexterity: 45
Vitality: 46
Intelligence: 53
Spirit: 13

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 31
Cold Resistance: 19
Poison Resistance: 15
Lightning Resistance: 26
Magic Resistance: 13

Skills

Gouge lvl 5
Daze lvl 1
Stealth lvl 6
Smoke Screen lvl 1
Dodge lvl 2
Evasion lvl 2

Points Left: 6

Equipment

Soft Leather Cap
Durability 29 / 29
24 armor
+4 Dexterity
+81 Attack
+18 Max Health
+15 Light Intensity
+10% armor
Requires level 12
Sell value: 3SP 36CP
Retail value: 19SP 61CP

Buckskin Shoulders of Fortification
Durability 22 / 23
22 armor
+9 Armor
+3% armor
Requires level 10
Sell value: 89CP
Retail value: 3SP 98CP

Dignified Thick Cloth Shawl of Physique
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Cape
Durability 26 / 27
14 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+11 Max Stamina
+5% armor
Requires level 15
Sell value: 3SP 30CP
Retail value: 20SP 1CP

Buckskin Vest (Ego)
Durability 17 / 17
25 armor
+6 Strength
+2 Intelligence
+32% armor
Requires level 9
Sell value: 2SP 81CP
Retail value: 14SP 74CP

Dignified Quilted Cuffs of Fury
Durability 23 / 23
4 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+5% armor
2.5% chance to cast level 3 Fury when hit
Requires level 11
Sell value: 3SP 88CP
Retail value: 28SP 93CP

Battlemage Gloves
Quilted Gloves
Durability 17 / 17
8 armor
+2 Armor
+17 Maximum Mana
+13 Max Health
+5 Fire Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+17% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 2SP 13CP
Retail value: 10SP 18CP

Buckskin Belt
Durability 14 / 15
7 armor
+4 Armor
+6 Fire Resistance
+11 Magic Resistance
+1 Disarm Trap
+10% armor
Requires level 6
Sell value: 79CP
Retail value: 3SP 58CP

Garnet Hard Leather Leggings of Fortification
Durability 28 / 28
35 armor
+14 Armor
+10 Fire Resistance
+5% armor
Requires level 10
Sell value: 2SP 39CP
Retail value: 11SP 80CP

Shadowweave
Wool Boots
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 16 / 16
13 armor
+2 Spirit
+6 Armor
+5 Maximum Mana
+8 Poison Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+15% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 1SP 75CP
Retail value: 8SP 4CP

Ciglio's Gold Ring
Ring
3 armor
+1 Vitality
+3 Armor
+1 Mana Regen
+8 Fire Resistance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 6

Spry Ring of Potency
Rarity: Uncommon
+5 Defense
+17 Maximum Mana
Requires level 7
Sell value: 1SP 42CP
Retail value: 6SP 35CP

Stone Heart
Jewelry
11 armor
+11 Armor
+13 Max Health
+5 Cold Resistance
+5 Poison Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
Requires level 6
Sell value: 3SP 81CP
Retail value: 26SP 40CP

Ice Ward
Jewelry
+5 Strength
+4 Vitality
+22 Maximum Mana
+13 Max Health
+12 Cold Resistance
Requires level 13
Sell value: 3SP 88CP
Retail value: 77SP 60CP

Long Staff
Durability 22 / 23
Two-handed
15 to 30 Damage Speed 1.15
19.6 damage per second
+16 Armor Piercing
+4 Min Damage
+4 Max Damage
+39% Critical Hit
+10% damage
+2 to 5 Magic Damage
Requires 19 Dexterity
Sell value: 2SP 82CP
Retail value: 15SP 65CP

Fun stats

Kills: 3977
Kills Per Death: 3977

Gold Found: 7GP 25SP 66CP
Time Played: 11h 47m 49s
Max Damage Dealt: 169
Max Damage Taken: 158
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 388
Max Health Healed: 151

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 15

Strongest Monster Defeated: Greater Fire Elemental (Lvl 27)
Toughest Battle Won: Grimstriker (Lvl 18) at Lvl 17
Strongest Monster Killed By: Lightning Minion (Lvl 18)
Weakest Monster Killed By: Lightning Minion (Lvl 18)

Quests Solved: 147

Equipment Worth: 2GP 53SP 59CP
Inventory Worth: 6GP 10SP 12CP

Secrets Found: 12

Kruztee
05-20-2010, 09:35 PM
My lvl 14 frost nova Gilbert just died, and I can definately confirm that it is a power build. The only thing that can kill you is gross overconfidence (which it has to me twice now). Frost nova hitting through walls is a bug in my opinion, it's just too powerful.

I might try once more with the same build, or even go with a trickster bias, but either way, I tend to get too cocky and think that I'm superhuman. I've lost 3 Gilberts now, and all of them have been preventable and stupid deaths. I tend to zone out a bit when the character hits about lvl 15.

Heinosity
05-20-2010, 10:21 PM
I tend to get too cocky and think that I'm superhuman.

That's what happened to me just now, but I'm actually glad because he was gimped big time.

Oh well, maybe this new guy will reign supreme. I am definitely going to pump STR and DEX this time instead of INT. I will feed him some black metal music and vodka and see what happens, maybe that will help. :D

DeathKnight1728
05-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Heinosity-I will feed him some black metal music and vodka and see what happens, maybe that will help.

I'll agree with you on the black metal part, hah.

Viliki
05-21-2010, 03:30 AM
My lvl 14 frost nova Gilbert just died, and I can definately confirm that it is a power build. The only thing that can kill you is gross overconfidence (which it has to me twice now). Frost nova hitting through walls is a bug in my opinion, it's just too powerful.

I might try once more with the same build, or even go with a trickster bias, but either way, I tend to get too cocky and think that I'm superhuman. I've lost 3 Gilberts now, and all of them have been preventable and stupid deaths. I tend to zone out a bit when the character hits about lvl 15.

Lol, it's always pleasant to see you ain't be alone in "misfortune", and for the same reasons... At some point you are superman, and right after you miserably fall on ground! :D

Yesterday I lost my second character, with this one I never succeed to save the second town, he made 1st town rather fast at level 6, and second town last eternity and he died level 10 during a fight that last a very long time. What's funny is at a point of this fight I go to escape, with a lot of difficulty I succeed find an escape path. And then suddenly, seeing how low the boss health was, I lost any objectivity and with one potion and one food and knowing it as I knew the boss strength, I decided it was fine and I was going to kill him asap... :)

torikamal
05-21-2010, 04:35 AM
My level 8 Gilbert just died today. A jerk of a boss. What I love about this tournament, though is that I got to play a class I never would have tried. I think I just fell in love with the Trickster.

My favorite thing was to stealth and just cruise by baddies and sleight of hand them. Just way too much fun. Definitely do this again. Having the hardcore mode is great, too, because I take everything a lot more seriously and the rush of having real final consequences is great.

I had a blast.

ecliptic
05-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Well, I gave it another go, and all was well until the current town I am in gave me a quest for a bad guy I can't find. He either isn't spawning, is stuck somewhere I can't get to, or is already dead and bugged out.

I've tried waiting, I've done every other quest available, and cleaned out the dungeon. I've been through level 9, which is where he's supposed to be at least a half dozen times. I've clicked on all of the exterior walls hoping to find illusions (did three passes of this). I even clicked on each piece of scenery to make sure I wasn't missing a trigger. I dismissed the quest, and took it again. I checked the levels above and below.

Either I am somehow missing him on that level, or he's already dead and the game missed it. Attached character files to post if Stephen would care to look at it. This seems to possibly be a bug.

Nim
05-21-2010, 05:41 AM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6539/plaguespot.th.jpg (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/plaguespot.jpg/)

There he is ? You probably didn't try Save & Exit and then Resume, that usually does the trick for me.

Shadow
05-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Off hand that kind of looks like it might be a secret area.

Nim
05-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Pretty sure that was already open when I tried his save.

Shadow
05-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Well in that case it probably was like you said, save/resume fixed it.

ecliptic
05-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Argh. I had tried exiting out of the game, and restarting, but to no avail, I don't know why it didn't work for me. Oh well. Thanks.

Viliki
05-21-2010, 05:29 PM
I just got a case where I think I have explored all the level and should get an item I think from a portal destruction. I destroyed one portal but didn't get the drop. The problem is I don't have any other portal to destroy. Well I could try check some other levels than the level the quest quoted.

Also I know this sort of wall that there's in this sort of level and I believe identify their secret passages easily but I can't be sure.

This town is the quietest I got since a long time but this item is required to uncurse the town and some town people. And the more time pass the more people are cursed.

Shadow
05-21-2010, 07:10 PM
I just got a case where I think I have explored all the level and should get an item I think from a portal destruction. I destroyed one portal but didn't get the drop. The problem is I don't have any other portal to destroy. Well I could try check some other levels than the level the quest quoted.

Assuming I'm thinking of the correct quest, they will keep spawning until you get your necessary drops.

DeathKnight1728
05-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I just made it to level 11 with gilbert after getting through some tough spots. I use 3 skills (1 passive)-Stealth, frozen armor for tough melee guys and the one passive dodge.

It's been really tough for this build since it lacks attack power. But defensive wise it's ok. I seriously dont know how my guy is still alive since i got served some crazy bosses.

Viliki
05-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Assuming I'm thinking of the correct quest, they will keep spawning until you get your necessary drops.
Yes it's just that after to have destroy the portal and not get the item and not see any other portal I reset map shadows to be sure to explore all and found nothing.

It was a very quiet town with few monsters in levels so probably lower spawn rate. But ok I quit and restart and got a portal and the drop.

Viliki
05-21-2010, 09:39 PM
I just made it to level 11 with gilbert after getting through some tough spots. I use 3 skills (1 passive)-Stealth, frozen armor for tough melee guys and the one passive dodge.

It's been really tough for this build since it lacks attack power. But defensive wise it's ok. I seriously dont know how my guy is still alive since i got served some crazy bosses.

I already played Tricksters characters, the standard class and trickster + druid. But it's not obvious how manage this Trickster+Ice mage. The build with Ice AEO and Stealth is certainly an efficient build but well I'm looking for something different.

Yes the trickster tend to lack of attack level and damage level. The problem is that it's difficult to do the toughest fights and take profit of Stealth bonus during those fights. I think that with my current character I'll try improve mana and take profit of mana regen bonus from Ice Mage skill to be able to use some Trickster special attacks during toughest fights.

I feel that Ice mage spells slowing opponents to try use them to flee and use stealth more often will be a too slow way to fight.

TheRani
05-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I already played Tricksters characters, the standard class and trickster + druid. But it's not obvious how manage this Trickster+Ice mage. The build with Ice AEO and Stealth is certainly an efficient build but well I'm looking for something different.

Yes the trickster tend to lack of attack level and damage level. The problem is that it's difficult to do the toughest fights and take profit of Stealth bonus during those fights. I think that with my current character I'll try improve mana and take profit of mana regen bonus from Ice Mage skill to be able to use some Trickster special attacks during toughest fights.

I feel that Ice mage spells slowing opponents to try use them to flee and use stealth more often will be a too slow way to fight.

Stealth, Shuriken, and a point of Smoke Screen alone can go a long way. Also, Shatter is awesome. People get so hung up on Frost Nova that they forget Shatter.

Viliki
05-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Stealth, Shuriken, and a point of Smoke Screen alone can go a long way. Also, Shatter is awesome. People get so hung up on Frost Nova that they forget Shatter.
Yes in my last play I discovered how powerful could be Shuriken when fighting a mini boss that my weapon attack had pain to damage. That's why I wrote the previous post. But Jab could be a second option too.

Shatter, I should try it to see how it works.

ecliptic
05-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Haha, take two of my Gilbert shatter cannon - Death at experience level 23.
Cause of death? The moron shattered two structural supports on the other side of the room he was in for no really compelling reason, assuming he was safe. He was not. One shot death. =)

Viliki
05-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Lol, I don't touch those pillars anymore but with area damages... Level 23 is nice, why not post the character final stats?

SharpCarlos
05-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Gah. Things got dicey during a fight with two bosses. Instead of retreating, I thought I could survive by spamming health potions. I was wrong.

Side note: this was a BLAST. Looking forward to future tournaments.

Gilbert
Level 19 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)
Stats

Health: 0 / 198
Mana: 37 / 144

Attack: 391
Defense: 360
Armor: 168

Damage: 13 - 26
Dps: 27.9

Money: 3GP 29SP 72CP

Attributes

Strength: 31
Dexterity: 60
Vitality: 35
Intelligence: 25
Spirit: 14

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 33
Cold Resistance: 2
Poison Resistance: 14
Lightning Resistance: 26
Magic Resistance: 11

Skills

Dodge lvl 2
Evasion lvl 1
Ice Storm lvl 4
Cold Mastery lvl 4

Points Left: 2

Equipment

Leather Cap of Ease
Durability 28 / 28
26 armor
+3% armor
Requires level 15
Level and attribute requirements 10.0% lower
Sell value: 1SP 28CP
Retail value: 5SP 65CP

Apatite Hard Leather Shoulders
Durability 28 / 28
17 armor
+15 Lightning Resistance
+3% armor
Requires level 14
Sell value: 1SP 31CP
Retail value: 5SP 80CP

Exact Quilted Shawl
Durability 21 / 21
10 armor
+50 Attack
+3% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 46CP
Retail value: 1SP 90CP

Turen's Vest (Cursed)
Hard Leather Vest
Rarity: Set Basic Type: Leather
Durability 26 / 26
47 armor
-1 Intelligence
+11 Armor
+12 Fire Resistance
+44% armor

Turen's Set: Turen's Vest,
Turen's Leggings, Turen's Boots

With all 3 items:
+16 Strength

Requires level 9
Requires 2 Intelligence
Sell value: 3SP 53CP
Retail value: 21SP 59CP

Tover's Bracers
Buckskin Bracers
Durability 33 / 33
11 armor
+2 Dexterity
+82 Attack
+12 Fire Resistance
+66% armor

Tover's Set: Tover's Dirk,
Tover's Vest, Tover's Leggings,
Tover's Boots, Tover's Bracers

With 3 items:
+5 Defense
+10% Magic Find Chance

With all 5 items:
+10 Defense
+20% Magic Find Chance

Requires level 16
Sell value: 1SP 56CP
Retail value: 7SP 4CP

Noble Woven Gloves of Yielding
Durability 27 / 27
10 armor
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+5% armor
Requires level 14
Level and attribute requirements 15.0% lower
Sell value: 3SP 90CP
Retail value: 30SP 83CP

Amber Studded Leather Belt of Weakness
Durability 25 / 25
11 armor
+9 Lightning Resistance
+5% armor
2.4% chance to cast level 4 Weakness when hit
Requires level 19
Sell value: 2SP 78CP
Retail value: 14SP 50CP

Hard Leather Leggings
Durability 17 / 18
19 armor
+4 Intelligence
+7 Fire Resistance
+8% armor
3.0% chance to cast level 3 Petrify when hit
Requires level 10
Sell value: 2SP 90CP
Retail value: 16SP 57CP

Buckskin Boots
Durability 17 / 17
17 armor
+39 Attack
+4 Armor
+43 Maximum Mana
+10% armor
Requires level 8
Sell value: 3SP 0CP
Retail value: 16SP 20CP

Ciglio's Silver Ring
Ring
+1 Dexterity
+2 Intelligence
+9 Magic Resistance
+9% Magic Find Chance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 8
Sell value: 1SP 85CP
Retail value: 8SP 63CP

Shadow Fang
Dagger
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Dagger
Durability 21 / 23
11 to 19 Damage Speed 0.70
21.4 damage per second
+10 Attack
+12 Poison Resistance
+5% Find Items Chance
+15% damage
+0 to 2 Cold Damage
+2 to 4 Poison Damage
Requires 56 Dexterity
Sell value: 3SP 63CP
Retail value: 30SP 36CP

Fun stats

Kills: 2688
Kills Per Death: 2688

Gold Found: 2GP 25SP 13CP
Time Played: 7h 42m 25s
Max Damage Dealt: 45
Max Damage Taken: 107
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 625
Max Health Healed: 218

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 11

Strongest Monster Defeated: Blackmenace (Lvl 18)
Toughest Battle Won: Blackmenace (Lvl 18) at Lvl 18
Strongest Monster Killed By: Ridgeback (Lvl 16)
Weakest Monster Killed By: Ridgeback (Lvl 16)

Quests Solved: 111

Equipment Worth: 1GP 59SP 7CP
Inventory Worth: 5GP 72SP 59CP

Secrets Found: 7

Towns Saved: 4

PixelLord
05-22-2010, 02:37 PM

Yes, definitely much fun! These tournaments need to become a regular feature! :D

Viliki
05-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Gah. Things got dicey during a fight with two bosses. Instead of retreating, I thought I could survive by spamming health potions. I was wrong.

Gilbert
Level 19 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)

At my first attempt it's roughly the same story that happened to me. My third attempt just died, same level than my first ie 17. This time it's been pure lack of caution or not good enough knowledge of the game.

I was looking for an earthquake machine in the level, but there was no immediate threaten. An explosive barrel block the path. So I cautiously move backward and throw a shuriken. The barrel exploded as planned but killed me at same and that wasn't planned. :rolleyes:

I didn't move back enough but it was far to be close to the barrel, that's my lack of experience in the game. The lack of cautious is that probably I had life level not at max, probably a bit above 50%, the point is that I was playing with no real cautious since some time, no headphones (no sound).

For the time left before the ending of this mini tournament I don't think I'll have the time to to better. Si I keep my first attempt as my own result. I already post the details so bellow only the character files.

ecliptic
05-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Lol, I don't touch those pillars anymore but with area damages... Level 23 is nice, why not post the character final stats?

Haha, alrighty. LOL - "Weakest Monster Killed By: Cave-in (Lvl 23)"

-----======-----

GilbertLevel 23 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 0 / 329
Mana: 221 / 221

Attack: 91
Defense: 248
Armor: 130

Damage: 6 - 17
Dps: 10.0

Money: 9GP 22SP 76CP

Attributes

Strength: 7
Dexterity: 26
Vitality: 61
Intelligence: 59
Spirit: 15

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 39
Cold Resistance: 19
Lightning Resistance: 16

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Dodge lvl 3
Evasion lvl 2
Shatter lvl 6
Cold Mastery lvl 3

Equipment

Soft Leather Cap (Ego)
Durability 26 / 26
29 armor
+3 Mana Regen
+39% Find Extra Money
+32% armor
Requires level 12
Sell value: 2SP 62CP
Retail value: 13SP 37CP

Quilted Mantle of Exhilaration
Durability 22 / 22
6 armor
+4 Mana Regen
+3% armor
Requires level 9
Sell value: 82CP
Retail value: 3SP 50CP

Egotistical Quilted Shawl of Intensification (Ego)
Durability 25 / 25
11 armor
+4 Mana Regen
+30% armor
Requires level 9
Sell value: 1SP 14CP
Retail value: 4SP 99CP

Amber Hard Leather Vest of Intensification
Durability 21 / 21
24 armor
+4 Mana Regen
+9 Lightning Resistance
+5% armor
Requires level 13
Sell value: 2SP 58CP
Retail value: 13SP 8CP

Wool Cuffs
Durability 30 / 30
11 armor
+6 Armor
+4 Fire Resistance
+4 Cold Resistance
+4 Poison Resistance
+4 Lightning Resistance
+11 Light Intensity
+10% armor
Requires level 13
Sell value: 1SP 14CP
Retail value: 4SP 96CP

Quilted Gloves of Divination
Durability 16 / 16
4 armor
-22% Cast Time
+3% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 0CP
Retail value: 0CP

Hard Leather Belt of Intensification
Durability 26 / 26
6 armor
+2 Mana Regen
+3% armor
Requires level 13
Sell value: 43CP
Retail value: 1SP 81CP

Tover's Leggings
Buckskin Leggings
Durability 23 / 23
28 armor
+4 Spirit
+9 Armor
+13 Max Health
+8 Poison Resistance
+13% armor

With 3 items:
+5 Defense
+10% Magic Find Chance

With all 5 items:
+10 Defense
+20% Magic Find Chance

Requires level 7
Sell value: 3SP 25CP
Retail value: 18SP 51CP

Solid Hard Leather Boots of Exhilaration
Durability 32 / 32
11 armor
+4 Mana Regen
+5% armor
+54% durability
Requires level 12
Sell value: 1SP 38CP
Retail value: 6SP 15CP

Ring of Heart
+11 Max Health
Requires level 7
Sell value: 56CP
Retail value: 2SP 36CP

Jewelry
Rarity: Rare
+28% Find Extra Money
+8 Light Intensity
+3 Disarm Trap
Requires level 11
Sell value: 74CP
Retail value: 3SP 12CP

Blazing Orb
Jewelry
Rarity: Artifact
+7 Intelligence
+32 Fire Resistance
+12 Cold Resistance
+12 Light Intensity
Requires level 20
Sell value: 3SP 15CP
Retail value: 63SP 16CP

Long Staff of Divination
Rarity: Common Basic Type: Staff
Durability 23 / 23
Two-handed
5 to 13 Damage Speed 1.15
7.8 damage per second
-22% Cast Time
+2% damage
Requires 18 Dexterity
Sell value: 46CP
Retail value: 1SP 94CP

Fun stats

Kills: 4666
Kills Per Death: 4666

Gold Found: 6GP 30SP 47CP
Time Played: 7h 17m 35s
Max Damage Dealt: 331
Max Damage Taken: 236
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 2499
Max Health Healed: 0

Strongest Monster Defeated: Gorge (Lvl 21)
Toughest Battle Won: Scarabus Boomer Champion (Lvl 19) at Lvl 13
Weakest Monster Killed By: Cave-in (Lvl 23)

Quests Solved: 135

Equipment Worth: 1GP 36SP 95CP
Inventory Worth: 8GP 83SP 34CP

Secrets Found: 15

Sammich
05-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Hello everyone, first post here. I wanted to get in on this tournament but I think it's a little late now, so I will just wait until the next one.

Awesome game BTW, I'm loving it! Looks like a great community as well. :)

DeathKnight1728
05-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Hey man, the tournament still has a full day left before it ends. You can try playing as the class and see how far you can get in a day. Though I'm told we will have more...and much harder tournaments.

Either way, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Sammich
05-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey man, the tournament still has a full day left before it ends. You can try playing as the class and see how far you can get in a day. Though I'm told we will have more...and much harder tournaments.

Either way, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, I appreciate that. You know, on second thought, maybe I will give it a shot just to see what I can do with the time left. I played alot of Diablo 2 and Titan Quest so this type of gameplay is very familiar to me.

ecliptic
05-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Although the occasional arbitrary death is disheartening, hardcore mode really gives the game a nice edge.

Stardusts
05-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Still alive, unless someone else post a higher char I'll stop playing him for now :).

GilbertLevel 42 Trickster / Ice Mage (Din's Champion) (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 626 / 626
Mana: 713 / 713

Attack: 147
Defense: 212
Armor: 283

Damage: 5 - 32
Dps: 16.1

Reputation Level: 10

Money: 36GP 77SP 94CP

Attributes

Strength: 26
Dexterity: 42
Vitality: 131
Intelligence: 180
Spirit: 39

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 21
Cold Resistance: 44
Poison Resistance: 51
Lightning Resistance: 13
Magic Resistance: 27

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Shuriken lvl 1
Arctic Shard lvl 1
Frost Nova lvl 1
Ice Prison lvl 1
Permafrost lvl 2
Shatter lvl 13
Cold Mastery lvl 8

Equipment

Woven Cap
Durability 51 / 51
23 armor
+9 Intelligence
+12 Defense
+19 Poison Resistance
+32% Magic Find Chance
+10% armor
Requires level 29
Sell value: 3SP 84CP
Retail value: 35SP 6CP

Honorable Necklace of Regeneration
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+0.8 Health Regen
Requires level 21
Sell value: 7SP 31CP
Retail value: 1GP 46SP 25CP

Rough Leather Shoulders
Durability 42 / 42
47 armor
+8 Vitality
+44 Maximum Mana
+115% armor
Requires level 28
Sell value: 2SP 88CP
Retail value: 57SP 71CP

Bitter Wind
Padded Cape
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Cape
Durability 46 / 46
33 armor
+6 Dexterity
+8 Intelligence
+5 Mana Regen
+6 Fire Resistance
+25 Cold Resistance
+6 Poison Resistance
+6 Lightning Resistance
+15% armor
Requires level 30
Sell value: 4SP 6CP
Retail value: 81SP 35CP

Eeanlee's Vest
Canvas Vest
Rarity: Set Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 55 / 55
87 armor
+13 Intelligence
+36 Armor
+12 Cold Resistance
+19 Poison Resistance
+13% armor

Eeanlee's Set: Eeanlee's Staff,
Eeanlee's Vest, Eeanlee's Belt,
Eeanlee's Leggings, Eeanlee's Bracelets

With 3 items:
+9 Intelligence
+17 Defense

With all 5 items:
+18 Intelligence
+34 Defense

Requires level 37
Sell value: 5SP 78CP
Retail value: 1GP 15SP 60CP

Woven Cuffs of Karma
Durability 34 / 34
8 armor
+24% Magic Find Chance
+3% armor
Requires level 25
Sell value: 52CP
Retail value: 2SP 17CP

Woven Gloves of Enchanting
Durability 24 / 24
7 armor
-34% Cast Time
+3% armor
Requires level 15

Woven Belt of Karma
Durability 33 / 33
5 armor
+17% Magic Find Chance
+3% armor
Requires level 16
Sell value: 29CP
Retail value: 1SP 20CP

Cured Leather Leggings of Inflaming
Durability 54 / 54
36 armor
+14 Mana Regen
+3% armor
Requires level 37
Sell value: 3SP 39CP
Retail value: 42SP 56CP

Rawhide Boots
Durability 35 / 35
37 armor
+6 Strength
+6 Dexterity
+6 Vitality
+6 Intelligence
+15 Spirit
+18 Armor
+10% armor
Requires level 20
Sell value: 6SP 52CP
Retail value: 1GP 30SP 47CP

Shadowblaze
Ring
+4 Dexterity
+4 Spirit
+1 Defense
+8 Fire Resistance
+5 Magic Resistance
Requires level 16
Sell value: 3SP 78CP
Retail value: 25SP 68CP

Black Opal Ring
+15 Magic Resistance
Requires level 26
Retail value: 3SP 82CP

Honorable Jewelry of Amassing
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+8% Find Items Chance
Requires level 20

Princely Jewelry
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
Requires level 28

Long Staff
Durability 23 / 23
Two-handed
4 to 24 Damage Speed 1.15
12.2 damage per second
+8 Max Damage
+9 Light Intensity
-22% Cast Time
+8% damage
Requires 13 Dexterity
Sell value: 1SP 6CP
Retail value: 4SP 60CP

Fun stats

Kills: 6461
Kills Per Death: 6461

Gold Found: 9GP 91SP 30CP
Time Played: 8h 25m 57s
Max Damage Dealt: 839
Max Damage Taken: 252
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 25033
Max Health Healed: 597

Strongest Monster Defeated: Grimstriker (Lvl 45)
Toughest Battle Won: Hidden Doom (Lvl 42) at Lvl 39

Quests Solved: 183

Equipment Worth: 8GP 72SP 57CP
Inventory Worth: 16GP 88SP 27CP

Secrets Found: 20

Towns Saved: 11

DeathKnight1728
05-23-2010, 01:31 AM
I guess shatter is where it's at...

TheRani
05-23-2010, 02:07 AM
I guess shatter is where it's at...

LOL. I told ya! :)

Caal
05-23-2010, 09:06 AM
Still alive at 21, but deadline approaches.

GilbertLevel 21 Trickster / Ice Mage (Granted Freedom) (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 474 / 480
Mana: 251 / 251

Attack: 301
Defense: 411
Armor: 120

Damage: 18 - 97
Dps: 82.1

Money: 7GP 28SP 4CP

Attributes

Strength: 77
Dexterity: 86
Vitality: 96
Intelligence: 49
Spirit: 36

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 35
Cold Resistance: 76
Lightning Resistance: 15
Magic Resistance: 16

Skills

Stealth lvl 7
Shatter lvl 6

Equipment

Leather Cap of Robust Health
Durability 29 / 30
29 armor
+34 Max Health
+3% armor
Requires level 18
Sell value: 3SP 9CP
Retail value: 17SP 82CP

Brenna's Amulet
Necklace
+3 Defense
+8 Fire Resistance
+5 Cold Resistance
+9% Magic Find Chance

Brenna's Set: Brenna's Belt,
Brenna's Cap, Brenna's Mantle,
Brenna's Cuffs, Brenna's Gloves,
Brenna's Amulet, Brenna's Cloak

With 3 items:
+24 Fire Resistance

With all 7 items:
+48 Fire Resistance

Requires level 12
Sell value: 1SP 24CP
Retail value: 5SP 46CP

Glacial Wind
Buckskin Shoulders
Rarity: Legendary Basic Type: Leather
Durability 21 / 21
20 armor
+5 Strength
+24 Cold Resistance
+8 Poison Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+25% Find Extra Money
+73% armor
Requires level 11
Retail value: 26SP 50CP

Noble Wool Shawl of Fortification
Durability 27 / 27
22 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+13 Armor
+5% armor
Requires level 9
Sell value: 2SP 55CP
Retail value: 49SP 63CP

Proud Leather Vest of Determination
Durability 14 / 14
11 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+4 Max Stamina
+5% armor
Sell value: 3SP 22CP
Retail value: 18SP 17CP

Cloth Cuffs
Durability 25 / 25
3 armor
+4 Strength
+8 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+1 Mana Regen
+8% armor
Requires level 8
Sell value: 3SP 89CP
Retail value: 33SP 19CP

Flametouch
Thick Cloth Gloves
Durability 27 / 27
13 armor
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+20 Fire Resistance
+71% armor
Requires level 12
Sell value: 2SP 97CP
Retail value: 16SP 0CP

Noble Studded Leather Belt of Intensification
Durability 25 / 25
8 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+2 Mana Regen
+5% armor
Requires level 16
Sell value: 3SP 34CP
Retail value: 43SP 8CP

Noble Wool Leggings of Intensification
Durability 23 / 23
7 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+3 Mana Regen
+5% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 3SP 9CP
Retail value: 45SP 48CP

Dignified Buckskin Boots
Durability 22 / 22
7 armor
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+3% armor
Requires level 5
Retail value: 35SP 90CP

Ciglio's Silver Ring
Ring
+1 Dexterity
+2 Intelligence
+9 Magic Resistance
+9% Magic Find Chance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 8
Sell value: 1SP 85CP
Retail value: 8SP 63CP

Dignified Ring
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
Requires level 7
Sell value: 3SP 62CP
Retail value: 72SP 40CP

Ice Ward
Jewelry
+5 Strength
+4 Vitality
+22 Maximum Mana
+13 Max Health
+20 Cold Resistance
Requires level 13
Sell value: 4SP 61CP
Retail value: 92SP 36CP

Ice Ward
Jewelry
+5 Strength
+4 Vitality
+22 Maximum Mana
+13 Max Health
+20 Cold Resistance
Requires level 13
Sell value: 4SP 61CP
Retail value: 92SP 36CP

Dagger
Rarity: Very Rare Basic Type: Dagger
Durability 27 / 27
6 to 32 Damage Speed 0.70
27.1 damage per second
+4 Strength
+12 Max Damage
+76% Critical Hit
+10% damage
+1 to 3 Magic Damage
Requires 60 Dexterity
Sell value: 2SP 80CP
Retail value: 56SP 14CP

Fun stats

Kills: 4270
Kills Per Death: 4270

Gold Found: 6GP 79SP 56CP
Time Played: 11h 2m 14s
Max Damage Dealt: 263
Max Damage Taken: 144
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 4382
Max Health Healed: 459

Strongest Monster Defeated: Foulsplitter (Lvl 17)
Toughest Battle Won: Foulsplitter (Lvl 17) at Lvl 18

Quests Solved: 154

Equipment Worth: 6GP 13SP 12CP
Inventory Worth: 10GP 18SP 55CP

Secrets Found: 20

Towns Saved: 10

Hyfrydle
05-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Started a game using Gilbert mid way through the week currently nearing the end of my second town. Reached level 8 and still going. Really love the idea of these mini tournaments and will download the next one as soon as it's available.

Spikeosx
05-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Still alive, unless someone else post a higher char I'll stop playing him for now :).

I am L42 also. I put a brief summary below. I expect to play to around L60 today. I have had the game a week and so my first character over 25, I didnt realize to click on the Champion button and so wasnt getting hardly any xp for quite a while. Also, I have been casually playing instead of just leveling fast, doing things such as looting everything (which I should stop as I have lots of gold, lol).

Yes, shatter is overpowered. Only character I have played that can keep up with all the quests coming in so fast to save the towns. Shatter should still cost more mana for each level, I think. Because it doesnt, I dont need hardly any stats or gear for dps, and can have it all on defense.

I played so much Diablo 2 hardcore only, so have been in the habit of do not take risks and so forth.

GilbertLevel 42 Trickster / Ice Mage (Din's Champion) (Hardcore)Stats

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Dodge lvl 2
Evasion lvl 2
Frost Nova lvl 1
Concentration lvl 1
Shatter lvl 14
Cold Mastery lvl 1

Points Left: 35

Fun stats

Kills: 12890
Kills Per Death: 12890

Gold Found: 14GP 31SP 72CP
Time Played: 19h 3m 41s

Quests Solved: 429

Secrets Found: 32

Towns Saved: 19

Shadow
05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Remember everyone you need to post your character export AND your save game today. Technically you can do it tomorrow morning before I start work but personally I wouldn't take the chance. :)

Sammich
05-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Yes, shatter is overpowered.

It sounds like the "Win Game Button", lol. So does Frost Nova. I made it to level 12 (w00t!) as a pure Trickster since my last post, using stealth, dodge, evade, and gouge. Pretty fun character so far, I might make it to 18, possibly 20 before it's all over. Hey, at least I tried, lol.

DeathKnight1728
05-23-2010, 07:32 PM
Here's my guy. He just couldn't seem to kill anything.

Gilbert
Level 12 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)
Stats

Health: 184 / 184
Mana: 115 / 115

Attack: 129
Defense: 225
Armor: 68

Damage: 5 - 12
Dps: 10.5

Money: 20SP 46CP
Attributes

Strength: 20
Dexterity: 37
Vitality: 39
Intelligence: 30
Spirit: 10

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 2
Cold Resistance: 24
Poison Resistance: 7
Lightning Resistance: 11
Magic Resistance: 2
Skills

Daze lvl 1
Stealth lvl 4
Dodge lvl 2
Ice Armor lvl 2

Equipment

Turquoise Buckskin Shoulders
Durability 20 / 20
14 armor
+10 Cold Resistance
+3% armor
Requires level 10
Sell value: 87CP
Retail value: 3SP 74CP

Wool Shawl of Astuteness
Durability 21 / 21
12 armor
+3 Intelligence
+3% armor
Requires level 9
Sell value: 84CP
Retail value: 3SP 58CP

Soft Leather Vest
Durability 10 / 10
9 armor
+1 Strength
+2 Dexterity
+1 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+1 Spirit
+10% armor
Sell value: 1SP 61CP
Retail value: 7SP 31CP

Amber Soft Leather Bracers
Durability 17 / 17
4 armor
+9 Lightning Resistance
+3% armor
Requires level 8
Retail value: 1SP 29CP

Quilted Gloves (Ego)
Durability 14 / 14
5 armor
+2 Intelligence
+8 Cold Resistance
+32% armor
Requires level 4
Sell value: 60CP
Retail value: 2SP 53CP

Brenna's Belt
Wool Sash
Rarity: Set Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 24 / 24
6 armor
+5 Strength
+1 Spirit
+5 Poison Resistance
+66% armor

Brenna's Set: Brenna's Belt,
Brenna's Cap, Brenna's Mantle,
Brenna's Cuffs, Brenna's Gloves,
Brenna's Amulet, Brenna's Cloak

With 3 items:
+24 Fire Resistance

With all 7 items:
+48 Fire Resistance

Requires level 7
Sell value: 1SP 24CP
Retail value: 5SP 46CP

Courageous Leather Leggings of Hoarding
Durability 13 / 15
8 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+9% Find Items Chance
+5% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 2SP 81CP
Retail value: 17SP 53CP

Egotistical Soft Leather Boots of Stun (Ego)
Durability 15 / 15
10 armor
+30% armor
2.9% chance to cast level 2 Stun when hit
Requires level 2
Sell value: 72CP
Retail value: 3SP 5CP

Ring of Money
+26% Find Extra Money
Requires level 7
Sell value: 19CP
Retail value: 81CP

Azurite Jewelry
+4 Cold Resistance
Requires level 2

Crude Saber
Rarity: Normal Basic Type: Sword
Durability 16 / 18
4 to 7 Damage Speed 0.81
6.8 damage per second
Requires 15 Strength
Requires 20 Dexterity
Requires weapon skill: Sword
Sell value: 70CP
Retail value: 3SP 27CP

Fun stats

Kills: 1423
Kills Per Death: 1423

Gold Found: 1GP 1SP 70CP
Time Played: 3h 54m 54s
Max Damage Dealt: 47
Max Damage Taken: 97
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 93
Max Health Healed: 368

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 2

Strongest Monster Defeated: Elite Viper Naga Priest (Lvl 11)
Toughest Battle Won: Elite Viper Naga Priest (Lvl 11) at Lvl 10

Quests Solved: 40

Equipment Worth: 49SP 15CP
Inventory Worth: 1GP 16SP 66CP

Secrets Found: 11

Towns Saved: 2
Din's Curse / Soldak Entertainment

Stardusts
05-23-2010, 09:01 PM
Well heres my final guy, I could push to lv60 but I had other stuff to do. Shatter is indeed a powerful spell that helps you cruise through lvs (same with frost nova) however saying its an "I win button" is stupid. Use my save and see how you kill the super boss that takes ~20 shatter to kill and it will kill you in 2 hits. It takes more than just spamming one button to win (and some luck too).

GilbertLevel 56 Trickster / Ice Mage (Din's Elite) (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 930 / 930
Mana: 786 / 803

Attack: 480
Defense: 318
Armor: 591

Damage: 27 - 63
Dps: 39.1

Reputation Level: 13

Money: 85GP 42SP 71CP

Attributes

Strength: 26
Dexterity: 60
Vitality: 164
Intelligence: 205
Spirit: 48

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 62
Cold Resistance: 42
Poison Resistance: 56
Lightning Resistance: 23
Magic Resistance: 24

Skills

Stealth lvl 2
Frost Nova lvl 1
Ice Prison lvl 4
Permafrost lvl 1
Shatter lvl 18
Cold Mastery lvl 12

Equipment

Sacred Rough Leather Cap of Speed
Durability 46 / 46
40 armor
+11 Strength
+11 Dexterity
+11 Vitality
+11 Intelligence
+11 Spirit
+5% armor
7.1% chance to cast level 10 Haste when hit
Requires level 36
Sell value: 16SP 96CP
Retail value: 3GP 39SP 20CP

Criar's Necklace
Necklace
+38 Maximum Mana
+32 Max Health
+9 Mana Regen
+8 Fire Resistance
+8 Cold Resistance
+8 Poison Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+24 Perception
Requires level 46
Sell value: 13SP 8CP
Retail value: 2GP 61SP 67CP

Drel's Pauldron
Cured Leather Pauldron
Durability 41 / 41
133 armor
+14 Dexterity
+23 Armor
+11% Find Items Chance
+134% armor

Drel's Set: Drel's Helm,
Drel's Gloves, Drel's Pauldron,
Drel's Belt, Drel's Boots,
Drel's Bracers, Drel's Ring

With 3 items:
+45% Find Items Chance

With all 7 items:
+90% Find Items Chance

Requires level 39
Sell value: 8SP 17CP
Retail value: 1GP 63SP 56CP

Bitter Wind
Padded Cape
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Cape
Durability 46 / 46
33 armor
+6 Dexterity
+8 Intelligence
+5 Mana Regen
+6 Fire Resistance
+25 Cold Resistance
+6 Poison Resistance
+6 Lightning Resistance
+15% armor
Requires level 30
Sell value: 4SP 6CP
Retail value: 81SP 35CP

Degol's Tunic
Tanned Leather Tunic
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Leather
Durability 42 / 42
131 armor
+8 Dexterity
+9 Spirit
+32 Max Health
+12 Fire Resistance
+115% armor
Requires level 32
Sell value: 11SP 68CP
Retail value: 2GP 33SP 66CP

Drel's Bracers
Cured Leather Bracers
Durability 52 / 52
43 armor
+10 Intelligence
+13 Spirit
+26% Magic Find Chance
+156% armor

With 3 items:
+45% Find Items Chance

With all 7 items:
+90% Find Items Chance

Requires level 42
Sell value: 3SP 73CP
Retail value: 74SP 63CP

Woven Gloves of Enchanting
Durability 24 / 24
7 armor
-34% Cast Time
+3% armor
Requires level 15

Vigilant Flax Girdle of Godsend
Durability 60 / 60
11 armor
+25 Defense
+39% Magic Find Chance
+5% armor
Requires level 48
Sell value: 1SP 82CP
Retail value: 8SP 42CP

Crocodile Hide Leggings
Durability 66 / 66
54 armor
+68 Max Health
+6 Mana Regen
+24 Light Intensity
+8% armor
Requires level 42
Sell value: 4SP 44CP
Retail value: 88SP 93CP

Assassin Boots
Reinforced Leather Boots
Rarity: Artifact Basic Type: Leather
Durability 63 / 63
139 armor
+8 Vitality
+8 Defense
+270 Attack
+27 Fire Resistance
+258% armor
Requires level 47
Sell value: 10SP 99CP
Retail value: 2GP 19SP 80CP

Ring of Karma
+26% Magic Find Chance
Requires level 35
Sell value: 52CP
Retail value: 2SP 17CP

Black Opal Ring
+15 Magic Resistance
Requires level 26

Honorable Jewelry of Amassing
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+8% Find Items Chance
Requires level 20

Princely Jewelry
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
Requires level 28

Oak Staff
Durability 72 / 72
Two-handed
23 to 51 Damage Speed 1.15
32.2 damage per second
+1.8 Health Regen
+33 Poison Resistance
-50% Cast Time
+8% damage
Requires 79 Dexterity
Sell value: 2SP 55CP
Retail value: 51SP 7CP

Fun stats

Kills: 10021
Kills Per Death: 10021

Gold Found: 22GP 38SP 56CP
Time Played: 12h 11s
Max Damage Dealt: 1331
Max Damage Taken: 546
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 25033
Max Health Healed: 597

Strongest Monster Defeated: Loki (Lvl 58)
Toughest Battle Won: Deathbringer (Lvl 48) at Lvl 44

Quests Solved: 302

Equipment Worth: 17GP 54SP 38CP
Inventory Worth: 45GP 7SP 46CP

Secrets Found: 35

Towns Saved: 17

Viliki
05-23-2010, 09:51 PM
...Use my save and see how you kill the super boss that takes ~20 shatter to kill and it will kill you in 2 hits. It takes more than just spamming one button to win (and some luck too).

Well so I did and if you mean the super boss at level 2 it was really pain cake. But well ok it was probably not him as it took 6/10 shatter not more. But well I won't bother go further.

Anyway congratulation to have build such a powerful character. But Shatter unbalance take a large part admit it, I didn't believe how I could spam shatter and never be able quote my mana down (I used the armor +8 regen you had in the pack), and see most stuff down in one or two shots not to mention many group kill.

Now the suspens is someone will do better or not?

Sammich
05-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Well heres my final guy, I could push to lv60 but I had other stuff to do. Shatter is indeed a powerful spell that helps you cruise through lvs (same with frost nova) however saying its an "I win button" is stupid. Use my save and see how you kill the super boss that takes ~20 shatter to kill and it will kill you in 2 hits. It takes more than just spamming one button to win (and some luck too).

How does someone get to level 56 in 12h play time? You say that's not an I an I win button? Horseshit. You know what I think is stupid? People who exploit this kind of stuff to prove they are a big bad somebody in a little video game tournament that is supposed to be fun. Meanwhile, everyone else who is actually just playing the game are only getting to level 20 in that same amount of play time.

I had a feeling this would boil down to whoever is the biggest powergamer with no life, or whoever could find and exploit the overpowered, unbalanced skills. Apparently I was right.

I thought I wanted to be part of this, but I'm just going to go play the game and enjoy it.

Congratulations you....WIN THE GAME...WHOO! :rolleyes:

Heinosity
05-24-2010, 12:14 AM
It agree it is an "I win button"...

When I first started out, I thought I actually had a chance with my level 21 Trickster.

Then I figured out someone hit level 40 something in less time than it took me to get to level 19.

I'm sure it will be like that though - who can find the over powered skills or who has more free time. I like the game too much to worry about this kinda stuff, so I gave up and went back to just playing my main guy.

TheRani
05-24-2010, 12:47 AM
It agree it is an "I win button"...

When I first started out, I thought I actually had a chance with my level 21 Trickster.

Then I figured out someone hit level 40 something in less time than it took me to get to level 19.

I'm sure it will be like that though - who can find the over powered skills or who has more free time. I like the game too much to worry about this kinda stuff, so I gave up and went back to just playing my main guy.

I wasn't interested in participating in the tournament from the beginning, since for me, half the fun of this sort of game lies in creating my own character of whichever gender I want, with whatever name I want, and whatever class I want. Playing somebody else's character just isn't my thing. I agree though. In any contest of this nature, the person with the most time on his or her hands is going to win. Not only do they have more time to start over again if they run into bad luck, but they're more likely to have had time to experiment with lots of different builds and figure out what skills and spells are best for which ones, long before Steven ever even came up with this contest.

Stardusts
05-24-2010, 12:57 AM
How does someone get to level 56 in 12h play time? You say that's not an I an I win button? Horseshit. You know what I think is stupid? People who exploit this kind of stuff to prove they are a big bad somebody in a little video game tournament that is supposed to be fun. Meanwhile, everyone else who is actually just playing the game are only getting to level 20 in that same amount of play time.

I had a feeling this would boil down to whoever is the biggest powergamer with no life, or whoever could find and exploit the overpowered, unbalanced skills. Apparently I was right.

I thought I wanted to be part of this, but I'm just going to go play the game and enjoy it.

Congratulations you....WIN THE GAME...WHOO! :rolleyes:

lol big words for someone who just got the game. You know nothing of this game, what advantadge each class has and yet you criticize me of exploiting. Even if given the same time and start out, I doubt you'll get anywhere near my lv. Why? because I like the game a lot and spent some time looking at all the classes. I also have a working brain to fully make use of the char. I picked the best way to lv as trickster/ice mage, you didnt (did I mention I also have a lv100 char so I know gameplay better?). The time I spent on the char is 12hrs which is hardly a lot given that you have a week to play and I stopped there simply because I just wanna have fun, as intended from the tournament. I don't usually call others name but I believe I have all the rights to call you noob.

Now I have no intention to start a flaming thread (just response to the insult hurled at me) so this will be my last post. Tournament is over, my char is posted, hate it or love it your call.

Spikeosx
05-24-2010, 02:28 AM
My ending Gilbert (took me longer then thought to 60, whew):

GilbertLevel 60 Trickster / Ice Mage (Din's Elite) (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 1338 / 1453
Mana: 537 / 537

Attack: 290
Defense: 956
Armor: 573

Damage: 33 - 134
Dps: 72.6

Reputation Level: 14

Money: 191GP 80SP 48CP

Attributes

Strength: 47
Dexterity: 83
Vitality: 276
Intelligence: 122
Spirit: 61

Points Left: 10

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 37
Cold Resistance: 60
Poison Resistance: 37
Lightning Resistance: 59
Magic Resistance: 28

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Dodge lvl 4
Evasion lvl 4
Frost Nova lvl 1
Concentration lvl 1
Shatter lvl 20
Cold Mastery lvl 4

Points Left: 70

Equipment

Hood of the Shadows
Crocodile Hide Helm
Rarity: Artifact Basic Type: Leather
Durability 72 / 72
150 armor
+6 Intelligence
+29 Defense
+61 Max Health
+23 Cold Resistance
+139% armor
Requires level 48
Sell value: 15SP 19CP
Retail value: 3GP 3SP 87CP

Necklace
Rarity: Very Rare
+14 Defense
+82 Max Health
+22 Lightning Resistance
Requires level 34
Sell value: 7SP 76CP
Retail value: 1GP 55SP 32CP

Majestic Reinforced Leather Pauldron of Stun
Durability 60 / 60
34 armor
+11 Strength
+11 Dexterity
+11 Vitality
+11 Intelligence
+11 Spirit
+5% armor
3.3% chance to cast level 14 Stun when hit
Requires level 47
Sell value: 17SP 10CP
Retail value: 3GP 42SP 15CP

Canvas Cape
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Cape
Durability 58 / 58
33 armor
+64 Max Health
+8 Fire Resistance
+8 Cold Resistance
+8 Poison Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+8% armor
Requires level 40
Sell value: 2SP 90CP
Retail value: 58SP 1CP

Cured Leather Tunic
Durability 43 / 43
133 armor
+7 Strength
+19 Dexterity
+7 Vitality
+7 Intelligence
+7 Spirit
+135% armor
Requires level 36
Sell value: 18SP 48CP
Retail value: 3GP 69SP 70CP

Drel's Bracers
Cured Leather Bracers
Durability 58 / 58
53 armor
+10 Intelligence
+13 Spirit
+26% Magic Find Chance
+156% armor

With 3 items:
+45% Find Items Chance

With all 7 items:
+90% Find Items Chance

Requires level 42
Sell value: 4SP 36CP
Retail value: 87SP 24CP

Knitted Gloves
Durability 40 / 40
15 armor
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+6 Disarm Trap
-34% Cast Time
+8% armor
Requires level 24
Sell value: 3SP 90CP
Retail value: 31SP 70CP

Flax Girdle
Durability 47 / 47
11 armor
+13 Dexterity
+40 Max Health
+8 Fire Resistance
+8 Cold Resistance
+8 Poison Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+27% Magic Find Chance
+10% armor
Requires level 45
Sell value: 3SP 21CP
Retail value: 64SP 28CP

Black Opal Rough Leather Leggings of Energizing
Durability 50 / 50
33 armor
+9 Mana Regen
+16 Magic Resistance
+5% armor
Requires level 29
Sell value: 3SP 86CP
Retail value: 34SP 35CP

Serpentskin Boots
Durability 54 / 54
111 armor
+9 Fire Resistance
+9 Cold Resistance
+9 Poison Resistance
+9 Lightning Resistance
+40% Magic Find Chance
+148% armor
Requires level 53
Sell value: 5SP 92CP
Retail value: 1GP 18SP 42CP

Dignified Ring of Awareness
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
+4 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+32 Perception
Requires level 16
Sell value: 4SP 79CP
Retail value: 95SP 86CP

Ring (Cursed)
Rarity: Rare
+4 Strength
+4 Dexterity
-3 Vitality
+4 Intelligence
+4 Spirit
+0.9 Health Regen
Requires level 12
Requires 4 Vitality
Sell value: 3SP 60CP
Retail value: 72SP 18CP

Princely Jewelry of Godsend
+5 Strength
+5 Dexterity
+5 Vitality
+5 Intelligence
+5 Spirit
+39% Magic Find Chance
Requires level 28
Sell value: 7SP 28CP
Retail value: 1GP 45SP 77CP

Exalted Jewelry
+7 Strength
+7 Dexterity
+7 Vitality
+7 Intelligence
+7 Spirit
Requires level 20
Sell value: 10SP 53CP
Retail value: 2GP 10SP 70CP

Mesquite Staff
Durability 55 / 55
Two-handed
25 to 101 Damage Speed 1.15
54.8 damage per second
+49 Maximum Mana
+30 Max Damage
+252% Critical Hit
-50% Cast Time
+10% damage
Requires 72 Dexterity
Sell value: 6SP 83CP
Retail value: 1GP 36SP 76CP

Fun stats

Kills: 19562
Kills Per Death: 19562

Gold Found: 32GP 41SP 60CP
Time Played: 1d 1h 43m 47s
Max Damage Dealt: 1047
Max Damage Taken: 874
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 10562
Max Health Healed: 1334

Strongest Monster Defeated: Vipermaw (Lvl 59)
Toughest Battle Won: Flameooze (Lvl 41) at Lvl 35

Quests Solved: 639

Equipment Worth: 22GP 26SP 31CP
Inventory Worth: 41GP 46SP 99CP

Secrets Found: 66

Towns Saved: 27

Viliki
05-24-2010, 05:23 AM
How does someone get to level 56 in 12h play time?

It's not real 12h play time, I don't know how the game compute it but it's more. He used a rather powerful build allowing kill very fast and lower risk. I estimate it roughly to the double and after to have try a little his save, I doubt he cheated, he didn't have to.

Why be surprise of this? He played the rules, the time he wanted too and this doesn't worth the aggressive level of your post, not too mention the no life argument is very pale and unimaginative. If you have better things to do in your life, perhaps first you should stop post such offensive posts. :D

Yes play for fun first, that's also what I tried to but and then there's no need to complain someone else win. :rolleyes: That said I realize I have been a little jealous too :) when I answered him that Shatter build was like hit the win button.

This is right, but the truth is even with such powerful build it requires a lot of qualities. First you had to know that or find the time to try enough build to discover it. Secondly even with such a very powerful build it's rather easy to feel like superman, lost more and more the basic caution and then make an error to waste the build.

Anyway it seems Spikeosx wins, for now. Whoever win worth my congratulation, that's all.

Viliki
05-24-2010, 05:31 AM
My ending Gilbert (took me longer then thought to 60, whew)...

Level 60, 27 towns saved, impressive and congratulation.

One quote, it's rather surprising in your build that you didn't took the caution to spend at least one point in one of the Ice mage skill or Trickster skill that allow slowdown/distract.

EDIT: I suppose in theory this first mini tournament is closed. For me it was rather fun and I want some more... even if I end to be the last or close to. :D

So I wait the next mini tournament but perhaps it could let some more freedom, like 2/3 classes to start. I also suggest some rule changes like who die the sooner win. :D

Kruztee
05-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Wow, Level 60 is crazy. Congratulations.

I have only just got my main non-hardcore character to level 65, and that's after a solid month or so of playing.

I don't even feel like posting my best Gilbert. He was level 17. I got a couple of others to 14. :(

Shadow
05-24-2010, 10:18 AM
I only managed to get Gilbert up to level 6. :) Didn't have much time this week. I did manage to keep alive though. Also apparently spent almost none of my skill points.

GilbertLevel 7 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 92 / 127
Mana: 84 / 84

Attack: 70
Defense: 95
Armor: 34

Damage: 4 - 19
Dps: 16.4

Reputation Level: 1

Money: 70SP 1CP

Attributes

Strength: 11
Dexterity: 20
Vitality: 21
Intelligence: 21
Spirit: 6

Points Left: 5

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 10
Cold Resistance: 7
Poison Resistance: 1
Lightning Resistance: 28
Magic Resistance: 1

Skills

Stealth lvl 1
Arctic Shard lvl 1

Points Left: 14

Equipment

Cloth Shawl of Attention
Durability 17 / 17
6 armor
+4 Perception
+3% armor
Requires level 4
Sell value: 19CP
Retail value: 77CP

Leather Vest of Intensification
Durability 15 / 15
6 armor
+3 Mana Regen
+3% armor
Sell value: 62CP
Retail value: 2SP 59CP

Worn Soft Leather Bracers
Durability 23 / 23
5 armor
Requires level 6
Sell value: 12CP
Retail value: 49CP

Battlemage Gloves
Quilted Gloves
Rarity: Elite Basic Type: Cloth
Durability 13 / 16
5 armor
+2 Armor
+5 Maximum Mana
+13 Max Health
+5 Fire Resistance
+8 Lightning Resistance
+15% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 1SP 7CP
Retail value: 5SP 60CP

Cloth Sash
Durability 10 / 11
2 armor
+6 Cold Resistance
+25% Find Extra Money
+6% Find Items Chance
+18% armor
Retail value: 1SP 42CP

Cloth Leggings
Durability 11 / 11
5 armor
+13 Max Health
+6 Lightning Resistance
+7 Light Intensity
+10% armor
3.5% chance to cast level 3 Frost Nova when hit
Sell value: 1SP 34CP
Retail value: 5SP 94CP

Leather Boots of Intelligence
Durability 17 / 17
5 armor
+2 Intelligence
+3% armor
Sell value: 33CP
Retail value: 1SP 35CP

Ciglio's Charm
Jewelry
+1 Dexterity
+1 Spirit
+13 Lightning Resistance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 6

Bixbite Jewelry of Astuteness
+3 Intelligence
+4 Fire Resistance
Requires level 2
Sell value: 98CP
Retail value: 4SP 24CP

Knife of Butchery
Rarity: Common Basic Type: Dagger
Durability 10 / 17
3 to 14 Damage Speed 0.70
12.1 damage per second
+8 Max Damage
+2% damage
Requires 20 Dexterity
Sell value: 1SP 22CP
Retail value: 8SP 44CP

Fun stats

Kills: 463
Kills Per Death: 463

Gold Found: 76SP 62CP
Time Played: 1h 9m 32s
Max Damage Dealt: 52
Max Damage Taken: 26
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 229
Max Health Healed: 92

Strongest Monster Defeated: Scavenger Champion (Lvl 4)
Toughest Battle Won: Wisepaw (Lvl 2) at Lvl 2

Quests Solved: 8

Equipment Worth: 37SP 45CP
Inventory Worth: 94SP 92CP

Delilah Rehm
05-24-2010, 10:47 AM
GilbertLevel 13 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 208 / 208
Mana: 154 / 154

Attack: 155
Defense: 247
Armor: 58

Damage: 10 - 39
Dps: 21.3

Reputation Level: 3

Money: 3GP 30SP 23CP

Attributes

Strength: 32
Dexterity: 31
Vitality: 39
Intelligence: 27
Spirit: 17

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 15
Cold Resistance: 16
Poison Resistance: 22
Lightning Resistance: 17

Skills

Dodge lvl 2
Evasion lvl 2
Arctic Shard lvl 4
Frost Nova lvl 1

Points Left: 2

Equipment

Leather Shoulders
Durability 15 / 15
8 armor
+47 Attack
+7% Magic Find Chance
+8% armor
2.6% chance to cast level 2 Frost Nova when hit
Requires level 5
Sell value: 1SP 41CP
Retail value: 6SP 27CP

Turquoise Quilted Shawl of Currency
Durability 17 / 17
10 armor
+9 Cold Resistance
+30% Find Extra Money
+5% armor
Requires level 7
Sell value: 85CP
Retail value: 3SP 62CP

Leather Vest
Durability 12 / 12
8 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+23% Find Extra Money
+8% armor
Sell value: 3SP 23CP
Retail value: 18SP 34CP

Cloth Cuffs (Ego)
Durability 14 / 14
5 armor
+25 Maximum Mana
+3 Mana Regen
+32% armor
Requires level 5
Sell value: 1SP 74CP
Retail value: 7SP 99CP

Courageous Cloth Gloves
Durability 12 / 12
3 armor
+3 Strength
+3 Dexterity
+3 Vitality
+3 Intelligence
+3 Spirit
+3% armor
Sell value: 2SP 67CP
Retail value: 13SP 67CP

Alexandrite Cloth Sash of Soundness
Durability 17 / 17
3 armor
+20 Max Health
+8 Poison Resistance
+5% armor
Requires level 2
Sell value: 99CP
Retail value: 4SP 28CP

Zircon Thick Cloth Leggings of Potency
Durability 26 / 26
12 armor
+18 Maximum Mana
+4 Fire Resistance
+4 Cold Resistance
+4 Poison Resistance
+4 Lightning Resistance
+5% armor
Requires level 10
Sell value: 1SP 94CP
Retail value: 9SP 11CP

Buckskin Boots
Durability 14 / 14
6 armor
+3 Intelligence
+10 Lightning Resistance
+3 Max Stamina
+8% armor
Requires level 5
Sell value: 91CP
Retail value: 3SP 90CP

Ciglio's Gold Ring
Ring
3 armor
+1 Vitality
+3 Armor
+1 Mana Regen
+8 Fire Resistance

With 2 items:
+4 Intelligence

With all 5 items:
+8 Intelligence

Requires level 6

Alexandrite Ring
+7 Poison Resistance
Requires level 7
Retail value: 1SP 22CP

Jewelry of Brawn
+5 Strength
Requires level 2
Sell value: 1SP 37CP
Retail value: 6SP 10CP

Merciless Long Staff of Butchery
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Staff
Durability 24 / 24
Two-handed
8 to 29 Damage Speed 1.15
16.1 damage per second
+11 Max Damage
+25% damage
Requires 18 Dexterity
Sell value: 1SP 80CP
Retail value: 8SP 35CP

Fun stats

Kills: 1531
Kills Per Death: 1531

Gold Found: 1GP 59SP 97CP
Time Played: 4h 59m 54s
Max Damage Dealt: 78
Max Damage Taken: 40
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 356

Strongest Monster Defeated: Thunderstrike (Lvl 10)
Toughest Battle Won: Thunderstrike (Lvl 10) at Lvl 12

Quests Solved: 82

Equipment Worth: 89SP 57CP
Inventory Worth: 2GP 86SP 89CP

Secrets Found: 19

Towns Saved: 3

Hyfrydle
05-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Just a quick newbie question how do you guys post the char info? Nevermind as you can see below I worked it out.

Hyfrydle
05-24-2010, 10:53 AM
GilbertLevel 8 Trickster / Ice Mage (Hardcore)Stats

Health: 112 / 112
Mana: 128 / 128

Attack: 90
Defense: 84
Armor: 54

Damage: 3 - 13
Dps: 11.4

Reputation Level: 1

Money: 60SP 95CP

Attributes

Strength: 10
Dexterity: 12
Vitality: 23
Intelligence: 28
Spirit: 16

Resistances

Fire Resistance: 11
Cold Resistance: 16
Poison Resistance: 3
Lightning Resistance: 3
Magic Resistance: 12

Skills

Sleight of Hand lvl 1
Dodge lvl 1
Arctic Shard lvl 4

Points Left: 3

Equipment

Soft Leather Shoulders (Ego)
Durability 14 / 14
6 armor
+4 Intelligence
+4% Find Items Chance
+35% armor
3.4% chance to cast level 3 Fury when hit
Sell value: 1SP 25CP
Retail value: 5SP 50CP

Cloth Shawl
Rarity: Rare Basic Type: Cape
Durability 10 / 10
3 armor
+1 Spirit
+10 Attack
+1 Disarm Trap
+8% armor
Sell value: 22CP
Retail value: 90CP

Tover's Vest
Buckskin Vest
Durability 18 / 18
21 armor
+8 Fire Resistance
+8 Cold Resistance
+9 Magic Resistance
+44% armor

With 3 items:
+5 Defense
+10% Magic Find Chance

With all 5 items:
+10 Defense
+20% Magic Find Chance

Requires level 7
Sell value: 2SP 14CP
Retail value: 10SP 25CP

Cloth Gloves (Ego)
Durability 11 / 11
5 armor
+1 Intelligence
+14 Maximum Mana
+5 Cold Resistance
+35% armor

Egotistical Soft Leather Belt (Ego)
Durability 10 / 10
2 armor
+28% armor
Sell value: 3CP
Retail value: 16CP

Soft Leather Leggings
Durability 12 / 12
10 armor
+2 Defense
+38 Attack
+8% armor
3.4% chance to cast level 3 Petrify when hit
Requires level 2
Sell value: 95CP
Retail value: 4SP 7CP

Soft Leather Boots (Ego)
Durability 11 / 11
7 armor
+1 Strength
+41% armor
Retail value: 1SP 20CP

Egotistical Knife of Slaughter (Ego)
Rarity: Uncommon Basic Type: Dagger
Durability 11 / 11
2 to 9 Damage Speed 0.70
7.9 damage per second
Ego: +25% damage bonus
+4 Max Damage
+30% damage
Requires 4 Dexterity
Sell value: 95CP
Retail value: 4SP 11CP

Fun stats

Kills: 537
Kills Per Death: 537

Gold Found: 13SP 20CP
Time Played: 2h 4m 5s
Max Damage Dealt: 84
Max Damage Taken: 64
Max Damage Dealt At Once: 84

Best Trap Disarmed: lvl 5

Strongest Monster Defeated: Apparition Champion (Lvl 6)
Toughest Battle Won: Apparition Champion (Lvl 6) at Lvl 7

Quests Solved: 20

Equipment Worth: 30SP 1CP
Inventory Worth: 82SP 80CP

Shadow
05-24-2010, 11:11 AM
Here's the final results:

1) Spikeosx 60
2) Stardusts 56
3) Nim 30
4) ecliptic 23
5) Caal 21
6) SharpCarlos 19
7) Viliki 17
8) Delilah Rehm 13
9) DeathKnight1728 12
10) Shadow 7

Others:
Heinosity 21 (no save)
Hyfrydle 8 (no save)

Remember everyone these are really just for fun.

Hyfrydle
05-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Oh dear hope I can do better in the next one. Started halfway through so that didn't help. When is the next one due to start?

SharpCarlos
05-24-2010, 12:35 PM
Rats, just barely missed the top 5. Congrats to the winners!

Viliki
05-24-2010, 12:36 PM
Oh dear hope I can do better in the next one. Started halfway through so that didn't help. When is the next one due to start?
Sticky thread at top, but it's been posted after your post so now you probably already quote it.

Spikeosx
05-24-2010, 10:20 PM
One quote, it's rather surprising in your build that you didn't took the caution to spend at least one point in one of the Ice mage skill or Trickster skill that allow slowdown/distract.

Thanks.

I had Nova to slowdown everyone. I did need something for the couple of big bosses that had speed bonus that hit me, but I was rushing Sunday to try and get to my 60 goal and so didnt take the time to check out prison or other skills that might work. Instead, I relied on pausing and emergency teleport (which I used twice).

I probably am going to skip tourny 2. Wish we could do one where you can not pause. How about a multiplayer one?

ecliptic
05-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Whooo #4. Not bad considering I don't play these games too much, and I know how intense some people are about this genre. :) Fun!

ecliptic
05-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Haha, and starting up compo two, I saw that my highest non-hardcore character was level 12. :)