PDA

View Full Version : Skills at the top of the window

Dark_Oppressor
05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I just bought the game, and I've made my first character and am learning the ropes. However, I cannot figure out what the deal is with the skills on the top of the skill window. They seem to change when I click on the different specialties. Most of them are the same between the specialties, but a few are different for each one.

I am guessing that they are basic skills that you start out with based on class. But then why does each specialty seem to have some different ones? I am a warrior, not a weaponmaster or gladiator, right? Do I just get the basic skills from whichever specialty I have the most skills in?

If I get all of them, then why are different ones listed for each specialty? Do I get doubles or even triples of some of them that somehow stack?

Help!

DeathKnight1728
05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
It's like this: You get to either choose 1 full class which means all 3 subclasses included. Example: Warrior, Rogue, Ranger, Conjurer, Mage, Priest. Or you can choose 2 separate subclasses put together. For example: Weaponmaster/Thief. It all depends on how you want to play the game. I would say to stick with something basic like a warrior if your new. It will give you an intro to playing the game.

Shadow
05-19-2010, 07:07 PM
It starts mattering when you play a hybrid class and yes they do stack.

Dark_Oppressor
05-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh ok, awesome, thanks! Ya, I've started out with a single class guy, and I'm loving the game so far. :-D