PDA

View Full Version : Skill information?

Solf
05-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Is there any place where I can look up game skills information / how they scale? Without this it is difficult to make a class choice for me :)

For example I'd love to know if multi shot ever shots more than 3 arrows? Or how well does a volcano scale with skill levels? etc. :)

Thanks in advance!

Aet
05-20-2010, 09:16 AM
While I agree that diagramming this out would be handy (and you can bet I'd study it), it's not strictly necessary thanks to the only requirement for moving skill points around being having a pot o' gold. Thus, it tends to encourage exploration and experimentation within the game (and the creation of many characters).

A wikia for DC would be the perfect place for such spoilers, though...

Shadow
05-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I don't know of a place that does that yet. However, most skills have the same change on each skill level. A few do have differences on the first level, but the rest will be consistent.

Jorlen
05-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Yeah there's no source yet, like a virtual character builder and stuff. But, remember the game is fairly new (April 2010) so fan made stuff like that may yet appear.

For now, you'll have to do like the rest of us and use the in-game stuff and experiement. Like Aet said, it's great DC allows you to move points around at a cost, very flexible system.

Solf
05-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Thanks everyone for replies, and particularly thanks to Shadow for letting us know that skill increases stay the same :)

Yes, being able to 'respec' is great and lets you experiment. Problem being it doesn't quite help you to choose what class (tree for hybrid in my case) to pick :) I'm playing MP with friends, so it's not too easy to afford to 'reroll'.

Oh well, maybe I'll resort to rolling some characters up to level 5 or so -- so that I can backup/restore them and play with trees.