PDA

View Full Version : Just a few concerns

Heinosity
05-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Now that I'm really starting to get into the game I have noticed a few things that urk me.

#1 Monsters being able to block / dodge / evade an attack when they are stunned.
#2 Dark Elf Mages can cast that Ice Storm spell through walls.
#3 Monsters that attack the town are hard to find. Most of the time, they get to kill at least 2 or 3 townspeople before I can even find them.

That's all right now, but I will post more stuff as I find it.

I dunno if these things can actually be called bugs, but they are really annoying nonetheless.

Just wanted to bring them to your attention Shadow.

Kruztee
05-20-2010, 09:38 PM

That's annoying in itself, but even worse is when they begin their casting animation just as you're going through a gate or climbing the stairs back to town and the spell hits you in town. :D

Magitek
05-20-2010, 10:11 PM
It's weird, but I kind of like the way dark elves cast their ice storms.. most other enemies are a joke, but with an icestorm tossed in it can become pretty dangerous.

Viliki
05-22-2010, 11:52 AM
It's not necessarily a bug, it's magic and it's not a missile, it's not really through the walls, many games used such design for such spells. Torchlight even has beans that ignore walls and go through them. And DAO has many area spell having a similar behavior.

For the portal thing it's more weird.

Shining Soldier
07-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Now that I'm really starting to get into the game I have noticed a few things that urk me.

#1 Monsters being able to block / dodge / evade an attack when they are stunned.
#3 Monsters that attack the town are hard to find. Most of the time, they get to kill at least 2 or 3 townspeople before I can even find them.

That's all right now, but I will post more stuff as I find it.

I dunno if these things can actually be called bugs, but they are really annoying nonetheless.

Just wanted to bring them to your attention Shadow.

I don't know if this was taken care of in the new patch, but I recently discovered that when a monster is attacking the town, all of the non-fighting npcs will face in the general direction of where the attack is coming from. It's actually kind of creepy :p lol.

Kruztee
07-11-2010, 11:54 PM
That is a feature introduced in the last patch and brought on by player feedback. Lots of players didn't like returning to town to defend it from attack and then spend a minute or so looking for the monster(s). So now you just run in the direction that everyone is looking in.:D