PDA

View Full Version : Fidgit review.

SharpCarlos
05-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Nice review of Din's Curse at Tom Chick's Fidgit web site. Well, I guess it's SyFy's Fidgit web site (ack, I hate that name), but it's pretty much Tom Chick's baby:

http://fidgit.com/archives/2010/05/dins_curse_is_like_diablo_but.php

The title of the review is "Din's Curse is like Diablo, but with dungeons that fight back". He does a good job of focusing on the things that make the game special.

udm
05-25-2010, 01:12 AM
Wow. I haven't read anything by Tom Chick in a long, long while. I used to enjoy his articles, as well as Scorpia, Jeff Green, Desslock and all the other pros from CGW. I'm really glad he enjoyed DC.

The good points mentioned by Tom in the review precisely highlight the beauty of this game. I really hope future expansions work on making these areas even better (perfection?) :)

ryknehho
05-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Its a very nice article. I've updated the wikipedia entry with a link to it.

Jorlen
05-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Great article!

Shadow
05-25-2010, 12:03 PM
I really like reviews like this.

DeathKnight1728
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Hopefully with more reviews and popularity, the game will become extremely well known. That way, I have more people to play multiplayer with!:D

Jorlen
05-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Hopefully with more reviews and popularity, the game will become extremely well known. That way, I have more people to play multiplayer with!:D

Yeah no doubt, multiplayer is lonely we need more online already :) It's so much more fun co-op too!

Warfran
06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Somehow I'd missed Tom's review of Din's though I'm always hanging out at the Quarter To Three Forums.

You sure can see the difference a professional reviewer can give to a review. Tom really captured the "spirit" of the game better than most I've read.
Anyone I know who is still on the fence about buying Din's I'm going to direct them to this on Fidjit.

Gina S.
06-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I love Tom's reviews and opinion pieces. This is actually the review I read that exposed me to the game's existence and then convinced me to buy the game because it's so well written and conveyed just how unique the gameplay was.

Baki
06-11-2010, 02:04 PM
this was the review that made me buying this game :)

Viliki
06-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Myself it's the preview at RPGWatch that made me buy the game as it was still in beta:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=149&ref=0&id=407

The reviewer clearly played multiple time the game, with different characters and had a deep and clear point of view of the game. I have yet to read a better review of this game even if it's only a preview.

Warfran
06-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Myself it's the preview at RPGWatch that made me buy the game as it was still in beta:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=149&ref=0&id=407

The reviewer clearly played multiple time the game, with different characters and had a deep and clear point of view of the game. I have yet to read a better review of this game even if it's only a preview.

I agree, it is the best preview I've read and another really good overall take on the game.

I don't know how many games Brian "Dhruin" Turner at RPGWatch has got me to buy with his previews/reviews lol.