PDA

View Full Version : Drox Operative Steam Greenlight

Shadow
01-22-2013, 03:20 PM
We now have Drox Operative over on Steam's Greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122180124). Please vote today for Drox Operative so that we can bring the game to Steam!

bong
01-22-2013, 11:24 PM
voted :cool:

good move, hopefully the masses will lap this up

i had already added drox operative as a non-steam game so my mates could see when i was on

heres a suggestion:

why dont you offer a free gift of the game to anyone who has added drox operative to steam before greenlight

i have a million friends i would gladly gift this fabulous game to

droxop55
01-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Voted!

Thanks for a great game, and good luck with Steam Greenlight!

Zillion
01-23-2013, 02:54 AM
I would've been seriously disappointed to not see this pop up on Greenlight eventually. Teriffic news that Steam has opened their eyes finally :cool: And of course, already voted. Next step...world domination!

Shadow
01-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Teriffic news that Steam has opened their eyes finally :cool: And of course, already voted.

It doesn't look like Valve makes any decisions about what gets on Greenlight. Drox showed up within minutes after I submitted everything.

nox
01-23-2013, 10:10 AM
Last I checked it was in the top 100 on greenlight. Good going man.

Shadow
01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Last I checked it was in the top 100 on greenlight. Good going man.

How do you see the top 100?

nox
01-23-2013, 10:47 AM
I don't know, but when I clicked on DO, it said it was in the top 100.

I just looked and it doesn't say that anymore. It was a green banner under the approval button.

Also you need better game footage. That footage is boring =)

I recommend a clip with a ship with a brace of fighters unloading bombs onto a talon planet.

Zillion
01-23-2013, 06:48 PM
It doesn't look like Valve makes any decisions about what gets on Greenlight. Drox showed up within minutes after I submitted everything.

Ah, I stand corrected then. Still, that's great and congrats!

Nayzablade
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Great news! Voted here and I emailed my friends and Family :)

Doyle33
01-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Yes, a million yes. Soldak games, what they lack in flash and polish, they make up for with so much charm and solid gameplay. Furthermore, having played drox Operative since closed beta I can attest personally to it's quality.

Siveria
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM

Yeah, when you submit it, its added automatically, and I guess after it gets enough Yes's, steam will take notice and contact you guys about being a digitial distrubuitor. I hit yes and got a few friends to hit yes as well. Though I do admit the price tag on the game is a tad steep for a indie title I guess.

Siveria
02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Yes, a million yes. Soldak games, what they lack in flash and polish, they make up for with so much charm and solid gameplay. Furthermore, having played drox Operative since closed beta I can attest personally to it's quality.

Soldak just seems to "get it" unlike most non-indie devs who think that making a game pretty and using the same stale gameplay they used in the last 3 makes a good game. Have you guys at Soldak ever considered trying to get this game in the 3ds Eshop? Not sure how it'd play though

Shadow
02-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Have you guys at Soldak ever considered trying to get this game in the 3ds Eshop? Not sure how it'd play though

If you mean Nintendo's stuff, last time I checked they would not let us have a dev kit without having an office (security reasons).

Tyrax Lightning
03-11-2013, 03:33 PM
I can only imagine how awesome Drox Operative would look on my 3DS... :D Shame it can't ever happen... :(

Somehow, I can't help but to figure Drox Controls & 3DS Controls would never be compatible anyway...

Rexcasual
07-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm a big fan of Drox Operative and kudos to Soldak. I've already put more hours into DO than I do with most AAA titles. That said, I'd love to help get this Greenlit on Steam, but I can't find any reference to it on Steam at all. It's not mentioned in the Greenlight section, and Steam site searches turn up nothing. Sorry if I missed the boat on this, but I love the game and would like to see it earn the following it deserves. Keep up the great work, Folks :)

Shadow
07-08-2013, 01:24 PM
You can find our greenlight page here (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=122180124).

Jayne_Cobb
08-16-2013, 04:01 AM
It's not often I look at greenlight, it still is very obscure untransparent to me,
well, I don't know much transparency could be expected. I mostly only vote
for something, if it's a project I'm attached too. I haven't revisited Drox for
a longer time. I even deleted all tracks of. Now I remembered why, because
just one more quest, ah, the sun is setting, time to sleep soon, guess dinner
is late today, say, when has it become 1 o'clock in the morning, okay, that's
4 hours of sleep left, but, it wouldn't take more then 15 minutes to bring this
game to a conclusion, would it?

Needless to say, after voting for Drox on greenlight, I found myself purchasing
the expansion. Here we go, the good thing about it still not being on steam is,
it's not rubbing me my playing time in my face. Don't tell me there are built in
statistics, I don't want to hear about this.

I hope Drox will make it in the near future, it's a well refined product, actively
maintained and expanded upon, there's a healthy amount of communication.
I have seen the absolute opposite on many games that are on steam.

Wichtelmann
01-31-2014, 12:37 PM
Personally i don't like steam that much, but i can see why it's an important step. Voted and wrote a few positive lines about the game last week.

PixelLord
01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
Personally i don't like steam that much, but i can see why it's an important step. Voted and wrote a few positive lines about the game last week.

Your efforts are very much appreciated! I know some people aren't fans of Steam, but it will definitely help Soldak to develop more games! Thanks again. :)

SFF
02-05-2014, 05:24 PM
CONGRATS SOLDAK, ITS FINALLY DONE! =D

I am so happy right now. You deserve to have this amazing game finally greenlit. Kudos to you! =D

I know its VERY early, but will previous buyers be given steam keys?

Shadow
02-05-2014, 05:34 PM
I know its VERY early, but will previous buyers be given steam keys?

Assuming Valve hasn't changed their policies, we will give out a key to people that bought Drox from us and request a key.

SFF
02-05-2014, 05:36 PM
I'm glad to hear that, as I bought the original game off Amazon last year and just bought IotA a week or two ago. =)

Again, my most heartfelt congratulations. All our waiting has finally paid off. :D

PixelLord
02-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Sincere thanks to everyone who voted! :)

crazycrash
02-06-2014, 02:25 AM
Did my 5 votes yesterday.....is the game instant available on steam?

Shadow
02-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Did my 5 votes yesterday.....is the game instant available on steam?

No it's not instantly on there. I don't know the full process when you have gone through Greenlight, but still at least have to make the builds, hook up achievements, and do things of that nature.

mlwhitt
02-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Great news, if this happens do you think we will also be able to use our Invasion of the Ancients key as well? Thanks in advance.

Assuming Valve hasn't changed their policies, we will give out a key to people that bought Drox from us and request a key.

Jayne_Cobb
02-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Nice! That means I can take my propaganda shortcut to Drox out of my steam
library, now that it finally made it. :)

all_zebest
02-13-2014, 11:43 PM
I'd like to have a Steam key too, please. :)

justinf12000
02-18-2014, 11:33 AM
What are all the steps to get a steam key? I bought drox operative and the expansion. Do I just email Shadow for a key?

pecet
02-18-2014, 02:35 PM
I saw Drox on steam store today, good job!
Also mail sent :)
Any estimate on DLC availability?

kosch
02-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Gratz on making steam I just saw it on the homepage at 50% of the sale price.

Hopefully more people will come to play!

Shadow
02-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Great news, if this happens do you think we will also be able to use our Invasion of the Ancients key as well?

When it gets on Steam, I should be able to give keys to people that bought the expansion from us.

What are all the steps to get a steam key? I bought drox operative and the expansion. Do I just email Shadow for a key?

Yes, you just need to email me.

Any estimate on DLC availability?

I'm hoping we can get the expansion on Steam within the next couple weeks.