PDA

View Full Version : changing models

SRR
01-23-2013, 05:49 AM
stumbled across this little game recently - and i am surprised its quite enjoyable. - however, i don t quite agree with the artstyle of the ships and the detail.

since i have modelled for some other games, i do wonder if its possible to mod the model meshes and/or skins here, too. i have found the model files, but can t seem to upload them. (milkshape, autodesk 3d)

anyone got any hints? - or is it not possible to alter the models in drox

nox
01-23-2013, 10:12 AM
I agree on all counts. I really enjoy the game but I don't like the models. I looked and they appear to be in a standard format. I think it's RAD game tools Granny 3d format? I'd have to look again.

If so, that would be trivial to work with.

I don't want to put anyone down but I think there's a lot of room for improvement with the ship models.

Shadow
01-23-2013, 02:00 PM
The models are our own format. We basically have an exporter for Max and a conversion tool to get it in the format that the game uses. We haven't released it yet for Drox, but you can get the exporters and convert from the Din's Curse SDK (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Mods.html). The exporter hasn't changed in ages and I believe Drox can read anything produced by the DC converter.