PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

narpet
05-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Hi all...

I'm new to the game and I searched the forum but didn't find an answer (may have missed it). But I'm a bit frustrated and I hope someone has some ideas for me. I just started the game and I'm really enjoying it (mostly). I'm still on the first town and I have one quest left. I know this may not matter since the quests are generated randomly... but here goes... It's called "Kill Havoc Clan Orc Hunter". The orc hunter is supposed to be on torture dungeon level 8.

That's my last quest and I can't go on until I finish it. If I decline it after accepting it, it just becomes a quest from a quest giver again. My problem is that I've spent hours (literally) on level 8 now and I never find the Havoc Clan Orc Hunter. The quest says he's fast... but I've searched and searched and searched. And the level isn't that big. I realize that creatures spawn in... and I've spent hours killing everything... they respawn... I kill more... repeat.

Is the quest bugged... or am I just expected to continue playing the same level until that particular enemy spawns in??? I like the game but I'm at the point where it's getting boring because it's just the same thing over and over with nothing else to do but walk around that level waiting for the hunter to arrive.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks...

Viliki
05-27-2010, 09:08 PM
I think your problem is you search for a monster named "Havoc Clan Orc Hunter" but if I'm not wrong for those sort of quests the monster to kill doesn't have "hunter" in his name.

His name will be more something like "Havoc Clan Orc" but sometimes they get a medal like elite or something. Take care a little anyway, even if it's just a "Havoc Clan Orc" monster it will be significantly tougher than a normal "Havoc Clan Orc".

Even if he moves faster it can help reset the map shadow to explore it fully again.

EDIT: Another possible trick around any quest you have difficulty to do, is that sometime a secret wall is involved and need to be discovered. You need click on the secret wall to discover it and open it. They look visually different but when you don't know yet a tiles set and not have yet discover how secrets look for the set, they can be difficult to find the first time.

If really you are stuck, you can abandon the town. For that when you start again the game instead of using the current world choose the option to create a new one, this will create a fresh new town to continue the game.

EDIT2: To solve a spawn problem, quit the game and start again can solve it. But you certainly already did it.

narpet
05-27-2010, 10:39 PM
thanks for the help... you're right, I have gone out of the game and back in thinking that the proper monster would spawn but that didn't help.

I have seen havoc clan orcs and I've killed them all... basically I've killed everything that breathes down there but it never completes the quest :)

I think the secret wall thing may be it. I didn't know to look for them, so I haven't. I will start it up tonight and go through that level thoroughly and see if I can find a hidden area. That's probably what I'm missing. I also didn't know I could abandon the town and start over with my character keeping his stuff... so if I can't find the monster I will do that.

Thanks for the help!

Caal
05-28-2010, 07:27 AM
I've also noticed that hunters typically are champions or elites, and also typically have a small cloud-like animation around their feet, making them a little easier to spot.

Valgor
05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
That "cloud-like" effect is actually the indicator of some special ability Hunters usually have; I've seen lots of regular Champions and Elites that had it, too.

Shadow
05-28-2010, 09:51 AM
In this case a secret area is likely the issue.

Just wanted to point out that hunters wander around a lot so they can be tricky to track down. They are elite monsters and always have fleet of foot (which is probably the cloud looking effect).

narpet
05-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I spent about another 2 hours searching every wall... killing hundreds of baddies... and I never found the hunter or a secret wall on that level. So... I just gave it up and started a new town. I was a bit disappointed since I'm kinda a completist... but no big deal.

Thanks again for all of your ideas.

Kruztee
05-28-2010, 07:13 PM
In situations like this, posting a save can be helpful.

You can find your savegames in:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DinsCurse\User\chars
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DinsCurse\User\chars
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DinsCurse/User/chars

Welcome to the forums!:D