PDA

View Full Version : Halp!

Muonix
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
So I only heard about this game through a friend and it's very cool. I do wonder why it doesn't have more publicity though!

Currently I am struggling like crazy and have quite a few questions and am sad there isn't a wiki! You will have to excuse the nubbery of my questions. :)

1: If you play against an easier difficulty setting do you get less XP?
2: I currently have a drakk ship with fighters, but they don't seem to do much damage, should i focus on guns as well?
3: I know that giving technology to a faction makes them stronger, but can I trade them other goods to upgrade their planets?
4: Which drop boxes are best, I was aiming for a legendary win but I was 45/50 and then I got the loss timer because only 1 faction remained. Do the boxes vary much? I seem to get a lot more xp from the level despite the victory condition.

I'm sure I have lots more questions but that's what comes to mind just now. Thanks for any replies and help.

Shadow
02-07-2013, 01:57 PM
1) You will get less XP from killing enemies that are lower levels.
2) You could use some other weapons also, but you need to make sure to install better fighter bays when you can.
3) You can't directly enhance their planets, but trading with them will give them more money to build ships and do other useful things with.
4) I'm not sure what you mean here.

Affixiation
02-08-2013, 07:36 AM
4) I'm not sure what you mean here.
He means the reward chests at the end. To answer his question, medium chests give more rewards than small chests.

I think his 3rd question would actually be a nice update too. Selling things to planets would give them small bonuses. Such as selling a planetary shield generator would give the planet a shield health bar. Or some farming equipment would give a boost to food production etc. Gives them greys some use instead of being just vendor trash or the occasional mission item.

Tyrax Lightning
02-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I think his 3rd question would actually be a nice update too. Selling things to planets would give them small bonuses. Such as selling a planetary shield generator would give the planet a shield health bar. Or some farming equipment would give a boost to food production etc. Gives them greys some use instead of being just vendor trash or the occasional mission item.
I agree with this! This could also give players a way to aid & assist Allies too... especially in more indirect ways if one wished to aid allies in ways that don't impact relation with the allies's enemies so much. Especially useful for those attempting Economic or Legend Wins. :)

Valgor
02-08-2013, 07:01 PM
A chest's size only determines the maximum number of items it can drop. Quality is determined by the chest's level versus your ship's current level, as far as my experience goes.
Maybe certain sizes of reward chests have a guarantee to drop at least x amount of y rarity items, but I don't know for sure.