PDA

View Full Version : Din beta patch 1.002

Shadow
05-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Beta Patch 1.002 of Din's Curse is now available over on the Din's Curse patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Dins-Curse/Patches/Changes.html).

Heinosity
05-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Awesome Shadow! Thank you for the new modes, that is really spiffy. ...and of course all of the fixes. Nice work. :)

Valgor
05-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for changing the glow effect on unique items! It looks much better this way.

I'm actually anticipating each patch for Din's Curse as much as if it was the release of a whole new game. :)

graffen69
05-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Cannot seem to get the 1.002 beta patch to work. First i just installed it over the former catalouge, but it just kept on starting 1.001.
Then i removed the game alltogether, just kept the assets files , and removed any mod files, and installed the 1.002 from scrath and put the assets files back in.
The message i get now when trying to start the game:
"Sound system failed to initialize. See user/logtxt for more info"
I tried open the default.cfg file as described at
http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2406
and change the S_init Sound to 0, but same effect.

My computer is really new, like 3 weeks and i have the latest drivers installed.
Its a dualcore Pentium 2.93 Ghz and im using WinXP Home ed. SP3
Any suggestions?

Aet
05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Can you put back what you removed, that you know still worked?

For some reason first attempt at patching didn't work for me, either. Redid the same patching process, but this time reselected the correct folder Din was located inside. Looks to have taken successfully second time through, though there's still no version number in the Get Info window.

Roswitha
05-29-2010, 01:21 AM
I'm actually anticipating each patch for Din's Curse as much as if it was the release of a whole new game. :)

Me too. :)

I like the fireworks.

graffen69
05-29-2010, 01:48 AM
Can you put back what you removed, that you know still worked?

For some reason first attempt at patching didn't work for me, either. Redid the same patching process, but this time reselected the correct folder Din was located inside. Looks to have taken successfully second time through, though there's still no version number in the Get Info window.

Yup, i had everything saved on backup. I just played some MP, and when i tried again as you suggested, it worked. :confused: Real odd.
It does state which version it is, so im a bit confused that your isnt.

TheRani
05-29-2010, 03:35 AM
I tried out the new & improved Holy Fire on my level 26 caster priestess, and even with the vast majority of her skill points respecced into it, it was still taking several holy fires to kill even a small group of weak enemies. Also, life burn is still awful. The Shaman is still only good for buffs.

The healer's Holy bolt and Holy strike can usually kill a normal foe of her level in 2 castings, 1 if she crits, but only if I put all her skill points in it except the few I spent on Greater Heal. And that leaves her no points left for any sort of crowd control at all.

The paladin still has nothing much to offer caster priests other than Regeneration.

I also played with my Wizard and Shattered some stuff, and even nerfed, Shatter is still much nicer than the new & improved Holy Fire.

Aet
05-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Frost Nova no longer deals damage past walls (which spares the totems a lot), but it also no longer breaks down doors I'm standing right in front of either.

Some long-time quirks:
Still can't get rid of/stash/sell the starter backpack each character starts with. Perhaps this is to prevent the potential abuse of creating four characters in order to gather all four backpacks onto a single character, but why not give an option to destroy it then?
When resuming a town, all the nearby vendors take a health hit. I know they were full health just before I saved & exited, but now their green bar shows they're missing a chunk.

PixelLord
05-29-2010, 02:42 PM
I LOVE the new feature where the NPCs face in the direction of the monster during a town attack! No more hunting blindly around for monsters in town! :)

Gorgarax
05-29-2010, 03:13 PM
Still can't get rid of/stash/sell the starter backpack each character starts with. Perhaps this is to prevent the potential abuse of creating four characters in order to gather all four backpacks onto a single character, but why not give an option to destroy it then?

You think you can dispose of the INDESTRUCTABLE backpack that the Lord Din has helpfully provided you with? Another CURSE upon thee.

Aet
05-29-2010, 07:31 PM
I would LOVE to keep it... in my stash. Besides, what more could he do to me, smite me? :p

He probably laughs every time I get trigger-happy too near a support beam or exploding barrels and end up activating his curse again. Entertainment value must keep me on his good side.

Shadow
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
though there's still no version number in the Get Info window.

I noticed that. It works correctly on the app that gets built and the one that gets put into the patch, but when it actually overwrites the old app it no longer works. :(

Lyranaar
06-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before. Is there any way to see on the map or somewhere else on which difficulty Level a game is started on?

If you continue an old game and don't remember anymore, that could be quite nice to quickly check and so decide on which to start the next one.

Shadow
06-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before. Is there any way to see on the map or somewhere else on which difficulty Level a game is started on?

Right now it doesn't tell you anywhere.

Dahl77
06-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Are you working on a new patch Shadow? Say yes please.... :)

Shadow
06-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Are you working on a new patch Shadow? Say yes please.... :)

I'm actually working on the expansion pack. However, since I'm trying to share the codebase directly with the base game, I'm hoping that allows me to do some patch work at the same time.

ohzz
06-26-2010, 10:45 PM
this patch 1.002 request cdkey. but i don't have.
how to???

Roswitha
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
this patch 1.002 request cdkey. but i don't have.
how to???

The patches won't work with the demo.

If you purchased the game, you should have received an email with a code in it; use that for the CD key. If you purchased the game but didn't get an email, you should probably PM Shadow.

Hope this helps.

kallisti_dk
06-29-2010, 07:19 AM
When will the final version of 1.002 be out?

Valgor
06-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Right now it doesn't tell you anywhere.

Actually, it does, in some kind of way.
Your character's standing with Din (found on the Character Stats screen next to your character's name) usually reflects this instead of your current "Reputation Checkpoint"...

Shadow
06-29-2010, 10:19 AM

Off hand I'm not sure, but it's going to be exactly the same as the beta patch.

sbach2o
06-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Off hand I'm not sure, but it's going to be exactly the same as the beta patch.

It isn't already? I tried the demo Friday, then ordered the full version yesterday.

The download packages were called DinsCurse1002demo.exe and DinsCurse1002.exe respectively. This seems to hint at something.

Shadow
06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
1.002 is ready to be official. I just have to change the patches and website to make them official.

sbach2o
06-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Now I am confused. If 1.002 becomes official, will I need to install the patch?

As mentioned, I have the impression that I already have this installed as part of the official download.

Shadow
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
No, you won't have to do anything. The changes to the patches are pretty much just removing the word beta in this case.