PDA

View Full Version : So what other digital distribution services have you tried?

Professor Paul1290
01-29-2013, 06:07 AM
I noticed the only place I could see this game being sold other than from Soldak's site is GamersGate.

I saw it on Steam Greenlight but it looks like it'll be a long time before it goes through, if ever.

I noticed Desura had Din's Curse and Depths of Peril but not Drox Operative for some reason.

Out of curiosity, have you approached any other digital distribution services with Drox Operative so far?

Shadow
01-29-2013, 11:06 AM
So far we've only approached Gamer's Gate, Mac Game Store, Impulse, and Steam, but we'll contact more soon.

Siveria
02-20-2013, 05:07 PM
So far we've only approached Gamer's Gate, Mac Game Store, Impulse, and Steam, but we'll contact more soon.

Steam is a very smart choice considering there are 5+ million people on it daily. Just be sure to add alot of steam achievements for achieve hunters like me.

ScrObot
02-20-2013, 05:56 PM
It still blows my mind that you have two games already on Steam and yet you still have to jump through ridiculous hoops to get your latest on. :confused:

Siveria
02-20-2013, 09:40 PM
It still blows my mind that you have two games already on Steam and yet you still have to jump through ridiculous hoops to get your latest on. :confused:

Personally I think the whole greenlight thing kinda works like this: Steam is not really all that intrested in distrubting the game, and/or they think the game won't sell all that well (though they won't admit this), so they put it on the greenlight list, and if enough people say Yes that they would buy it they decide to distrubute it. At least this is my understanding of how it "seems" to actually work.

I think Drox Operative is a good game, has some minor issues i'd like to see worked out (I posted a thread with 3 or 4 of them). Hell if it comes out on steam i'll prob buy another copy to gift to a friend so I can drag his ass into multiplayer. He hates games where your char bascally is a ship, or a car or some such, stupid I know but everyone has their own tastes.