PDA

View Full Version : Trap them at home and slaughter them like pigs

AnalogKid
11-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Here is a new strategy I've recently been using to very good effect on Raids.

- Create a portal in the town outside of the target Covenant's house. This should be about 1 screen away, so that you don't automatically trigger the target's defenders or NPCs (you can just walk if you want, but creating the portal lets you get back fast in case something goes horribly wrong and you die).

- Declare war and raid the target covenant, but don't go through the raid portal to the inside of their house.

- Go through your own portal, with all 5 NPCs following (since you've declared the raid)

- Carefully approach the enemy house and shoot through his door to start killing him.

- Laugh as he tries to run out to get to you, but can't because he keeps getting clogged up trying to go through his door and run across the space to your ranged attackers.

I play a Mage myself, so I can start sniping from distance. As soon as the target is "engaged", my melee NPCs run up and further clog the door (My current NPCs are 2 Warriors, 1 Rogue, 1 Mage, 1 Priest).

There are 3 main advantages over jumping straight into the target's house:

1) The enemy has to run a big distance before getting to you, giving more time for your ranged attackers to cut him down.

2) The enemy has to engage your melee NPCs before your ranged NPCs, taking max advantage of what each type is good at.

3) As long as you're outside the enemy's house, you're considered "at war", not "raiding", so when you die there's no timer before resurrection.

Delilah Rehm
11-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Oooooo... Smart! I'm going to have to try this. (And I love the title of this post, btw)

Denubis
11-12-2007, 02:11 PM
In addition to this strategy (Which I've tried and quite like for my earthquake mage and rogues) a good strategy for destroying populations is pay whatever you need to pay to get a non-agression pact and a trade route with whomever you're about to raid, then get the people they're at war with to pay you to break your trade route. You generally can get *all* of a covennant's influence and crystals that way, which sets your "ally" up for a fall.)