PDA

View Full Version : weapon disappears and get changed

LoSboccacc
06-01-2010, 03:57 AM
I've found no mention of this in the manual or in the forums, but I don't think really is a bug, maybe it's some effect I don't know:

sometimes my weapon get exchanged with another. I was thinking that it was the effect of having item used up for all their worth, so I started checking. this time a two handed sword artifact disappeared, I checked it shortly before and it was at 10/11 health. It has been replaced with an hatchet. I don't know if that was something I picked up earlier or something, but it was identified and I never identify items in dungeons so I don't know if I had it before of it magically spawned.

the artifact two handed sword, in the meanwhile, is nowhere to be found. no message where left on the message log.

what is happening? how do I prevent it to happen again?

Valgor
06-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Did you use the Q key to bring up the Quest Log? If so, you might've accidentally hit the W key instead, which switches between your two weapon/shield sets.
Just press W again or click on the roman numeral in the middle of your character's equipment screen to change it back and check if your artifact weapon has returned.

If that's what happened, you can prevent it by changing either of the two shortcut keys to something that's a bit further away from each other so you won't accidentally hit the wrong button again...

LoSboccacc
06-01-2010, 09:38 AM
yeah that solved it.

thank you a lot.

shouldn't the second weapon kit appear in the inventory at the place where the '2' icon is?

Valgor
06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
No, that "slot" is basically just the button for switching between sets, since each set can actually consist of both a weapon and shield.