PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow Drox Operatives!!!

Tyrax Lightning
02-04-2013, 05:09 PM
Hi everyone! :D

This is my first ever Post on these Forums. As of the time of this Post, i'm Lvl 19 on Drox Operatives, & on my 3rd Sector Playthrough. I'm playing a Drakk... long live Dragons!!! :cool:

I have some initial questions to get feedback on:

There's this NPC Enemy in the game that's DAMN strong, who keeps outspeeding & outpowering me & trashing me... The "Bounty Hunter", & it keeps taking me 2-3 Lives to defeat him... Is this normal... or am I a wuss...? :( (I have Max 200 Speed)
I'm defeating some Bosses ok, & getting Curbstomped by others that hit DAMN hard... I'm doing some tertiary Engineering even though I don't want to because I couldn't escape Power & Energy problems when I tried to neglect the Engineering Stat, so I got some Shield power... but I can still get kinda thrashed... is the game designed to disallow me from getting away with neglecting the Structural Stat? (I use an EM Cloak for extra +Defense as my main protection)
I've learned to fear how hard Acanth Mines hit... is it normal for those things to be so damn powerful that they can possibly destroy you from Full Shields & Structure in a SINGLE HIT!?! O_0

Tactical Situation: Like I said before, i'm a Drakk. I'm powering Tactical, Helm, Command, & what Engineering I get pigeonholed into. My Current Ship is a Light Destroyer. I use Bombs as my Weapon of Choice (I LOVE THEM!!!) & couldn't find a use for Mines no matter how hard I tried... Bombs are just plain better. (I use Bombs in my Right Click Slot & aim them fully manually) I LOVE the Drakk Racial Fighter Bays, & currently have Lvl 22 Interceptors... oh, that reminds me, is there any significant difference between Fighters & Interceptors, or is it just similar to like the difference between Nuclear Bombs & Fusion Bombs... just a Item Tier thing?

Lastly... Side Note: Any Drakk Forum Avatar Pics available...? :D

Shadow
02-07-2013, 01:53 PM
1) Bounty Hunters are pretty powerful since they are a special unit sent from a race to specifically kill Operatives.
2) Pay attention to what special attributes bosses have. That might help you with better tactics for that specific enemy.
3) Acanth mines are pretty powerful, especially when they drop more than one at a time. They are one of these enemies that you tend to have to change tactics to combat.

We don't have any special avatars set up, but you are welcome to screen capture and use anything from the game for avatar purposes on our forums.

PixelLord
02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Lastly... Side Note: Any Drakk Forum Avatar Pics available...? :D

Here's one. :)

Tyrax Lightning
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Pay attention to what special attributes bosses have. That might help you with better tactics for that specific enemy.
There's a way to see the enemy's special attributes? How do I do this...? & it seems that the color of the name seems to matter... but I can't find info on it... what do the Colors mean? They seem to have to do with Monster Strength, but what color means what strength?

We don't have any special avatars set up, but you are welcome to screen capture and use anything from the game for avatar purposes on our forums.
Sounds good. I might eventually do this for making Drox Sig Pics. :D

Here's one. :)
Many thanks! Using it now! ^_^

Update: I'm now lvl 31, & Bombers don't seem to be too awful bad... though i've recently gotten Raiders & am loving them!

Something weird happened... I got to Multiplayer with a pal of mine on this for the first time ever... I was in middle of a Challenge Sector & was much of the way done with it, Saved & Exited, Multiplayered with my pal for a bit with my same ship, Saved & Exited Multiplayer, continued my Single Player Game, & had all Single Player stuff intact except for the Mapping... ALL Mapping & Sector Finding & Jump Gate Activations were totally gone... but it was still the same Sector when I explored enough to realize this... & this cause me terrible problems... I had only the Starter Gate & no exploration, & was at war with the Brunt at the time... so a Bounty Hunter attacked me 2 seconds after I loaded my Single Player game, & there was no way in hell to kite or escape him so that jerkwad blew me up 2 times before I finally defeated him & I had 0 options to avoid this... is this a Glitch, or is it my fault I got these deaths...? :(

Lastly... I dunno if this is a Spoiler or not... but i'm antsy to try out the Vortex weapon... is it a safe assumption that it'll be a Heavy Component, & when is the earliest I can get one & see if I wanna use it as a primary weapon alongside my Bombs... if i'm allowed to get to know this...? :D

Edit: oops, almost forgot to mention... I'm currently playing Beta V1.002.

Shadow
02-08-2013, 06:49 PM
If you have an enemy selected, pause the game, and then you can highlight the icons under their status bars at the top of the screen to see their bonuses.

Unfortunately the game can only save one set of maps and gates per character, so jumping back and forth between multiplayer and single player causes them to get reset.

I don't think we have any components actually called Vortex. You might be referring to the Pulsar Generator weapon which starts at around level 36 and I think it is actually a medium component.

Tyrax Lightning
02-08-2013, 07:00 PM
If you have an enemy selected, pause the game, and then you can highlight the icons under their status bars at the top of the screen to see their bonuses.

Unfortunately the game can only save one set of maps and gates per character, so jumping back and forth between multiplayer and single player causes them to get reset.

I don't think we have any components actually called Vortex. You might be referring to the Pulsar Generator weapon which starts at around level 36 and I think it is actually a medium component.
Ahh... many thanks for the info! :)

The 'Vortex' thing came from this Post (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showpost.php?p=55131&postcount=12)... it's sweet to know what to look for now. ^_^ I'm surprised something supposedly that hard hitting isn't Heavy... :eek:

Info Update: (aka Edit) I'm getting Pulsar Generators droppage now & have one at last! I love them!!! ^_^ (My first one dropped at Lvl 37.) One problem though... I wanna be able to set it to Hotbar Slot 1... but i've discovered that the game won't let me if I have ANY Heavy Slot weapon available... whether it be my Racial Fighter Bay or my Bombs. This is inhibiting my desired way to Operate this weapon at will... & I think the culprit is how Left Click in Space is set to drive the Ship... something I can do better, let alone just fine, with WSAD... I figure some might like & use it, & I don't wanna run over their way of playing... so, is there any way this flying with the Left Mouse Button could maybe be called "Mouse Drive Mode", & maybe a Interface Update that could make this have an Options Screen Option to Enable/Disable it... that way people can Mouse Drive if they want, but people like me can drive entirely with WSAD & Left Click Pulsar Enemies with a Pulsar Generator in Hot Slot 1...? *Begs*

Edit 2: Ok, i'm a dumb*Bleep*... I found info on another Thread here about being able to turn off the Driving by Mouse in the Options Screen, tried it, & found it working & now have my driving by mouse capability turned off...

After this, I still can't set my Med Component Pulsar Generator to Hotbar 1 while I still have ANY Heavy Component Weapons/Fighter Bays equipped. It would be cool if this could be fixed, as I prefer my Mines in the Right-Click Slot for Right Click Use partially so I can fully manually tell them where to target, & partially so I can fight with them & do left-click stuff, like Interacting with an Ally Planet, separately. The Pulsar Generator on the other hand, I could do the same if I wished... but I find myself springing it on top of an important target more often than not anyway since the first of the hits is instant. Hmm... well... I guess I could try also having the Pulsar Generator in another Right Click Slot, since I already use the 'Use Scroll Wheel to Scroll Right Click Slots' Option, only for Use Items like the Shield Regen Item to still not Right Click Use without the Mouse Arrow hovering over it anyway... So many options... Hmm...

Many thanks for your time. :)

Tyrax Lightning
02-18-2013, 09:43 PM
My apologies for this Double Post, but this question is too small to warrant a whole new Thread for just it alone...

If it's something i'm allowed to know... is there a Maximum Amount of Base Stat that can ever be gained through the Level Up Crew Points? I'm having trouble planning my future stat allocation around not knowing the answer to this...

ilegal
02-19-2013, 03:26 AM
maybe anyone knows how can i back up my save game? i want to reinstall my OS.. :)

ilegal
02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
i dont think there are any stat caps. but i dont think it is worth to put any more than 100 base points into any stat.

Excalibur Bane
02-19-2013, 08:14 AM
As far as I'm aware, it's 225. Though I could definately be wrong. :)

Shadow
02-19-2013, 01:37 PM
If it's something i'm allowed to know... is there a Maximum Amount of Base Stat that can ever be gained through the Level Up Crew Points? I'm having trouble planning my future stat allocation around not knowing the answer to this...

Max for most of them is 250. Max command is 460.

maybe anyone knows how can i back up my save game? i want to reinstall my OS.. :)

Depending on your OS your character files are in:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User\chars
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DroxOperative\User\chars
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DroxOperative/User/chars

Tyrax Lightning
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Max for most of them is 250. Max command is 460.
Holy wow!!! How would a person go about maxing Command & still having enough points for the other Stats to be able to function at the higher levels...? :eek:

As best as I can tell, Max Level is 100, so there will be 99 Level Ups, & 5 Crew Points per Level Up, so 99 x 5 = 495 Crew Points that will ever be acquired... so... a person is gonna max Command & make do with 35 Crew Points for the other Stats... how...? :confused:

My planning's gonna be harder than I thought...

Excalibur Bane
02-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Holy wow!!! How would a person go about maxing Command & still having enough points for the other Stats to be able to function at the higher levels...? :eek:

As best as I can tell, Max Level is 100, so there will be 99 Level Ups, & 5 Crew Points per Level Up, so 99 x 5 = 495 Crew Points that will ever be acquired... so... a person is gonna max Command & make do with 35 Crew Points for the other Stats... how...? :confused:

My planning's gonna be harder than I thought...

My thinking precisely. :D

ilegal
02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
is it worth maximizing command to get more hard points for equipment? when to know when to stop?

Tyrax Lightning
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
is it worth maximizing command to get more hard points for equipment? when to know when to stop?
I hope for my Final Ship to be the Drakk Titan... but the chances of that happening are looking awfully bleak... :( As for if it's worth Maxing Command... i've heard unconfirmed info on this Forum of one who has tried combing high Command with +Stat Components & called the strategy outright Overpowered... but I can't vouch for this personally.

New Question: I've obtained a cool new weapon called "Hellfire"... i've tried experimenting with it, but can't manage conclusive experimentation results with it... Does the Hellfire use 'To-Hit Roll' to land attacks, or is it auto-hit like the Bombs & such? :confused:

Roswitha
02-23-2013, 03:18 PM

Here's where stuff is saved:

Vista/Win7 - C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\DroxOperative\User
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\DroxOperative\User
Mac - /Users/YOUR USER NAME/Library/Application Support/DroxOperative/User

The characters are stored in the chars directory. You will need all four files with the character's name. You could also just copy the chars directory.

Shadow
02-25-2013, 11:42 AM
If you are going for max command, you are going to need to have lots of crew in your light slots so you can actually equip higher end components.

Siveria
02-25-2013, 12:20 PM
If you are going for max command, you are going to need to have lots of crew in your light slots so you can actually equip higher end components.

I think you cool devs should increase the crew points per level, maybe double them or so. I'm lv 54 and I can't use anything my level because they just need way to many points, and this is with a crew member that adds 10-12 to 4 of the 5 stats. Its getting me killed now when I do get hit, I get hit HARD. Using a 13 range aura (Anyway you can code it so there is a visual indicator of yoru aura's radius? same for explodes like bombs, could you make the explosion as big as its actual radius is?) thats -1000 attack defense, stacked with a -460 atk/def aoe em shockwave, and bombs, and some stealth fighters.

Using the triple shield regen mod, and got the first computer passive, regen 7 shield a second 590 max shield, but its just not enough, I have to spam healing items pratcally every fight just to stay alive unless I get lucky and the RNG plays nice. I don't mind a challenge but, when its like this, its just not fun.

Tyrax Lightning
02-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Many thanks for the attempt at help... but i've already found a better alternative (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=56765#post56765)... :D

Siveria
02-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Many thanks for the attempt at help... but i've already found a better alternative (http://www.soldak.com/forums/showthread.php?p=56765#post56765)... :D

Maybe the devs could make special crew-only slots that are below the light slots so that you can use full light componnenets and have your crew to?

Tyrax Lightning
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
New Question: Can a Racial Crew Slot hold ALL forms of that Race, or only the Main one...?

For example, i've encountered Overlord Crew Members before, would an Overlord Crew Member go into a Hive Ship's Racial Crew Slot, or will that Slot only accept Hive Crew Members exclusively?

Siveria
02-25-2013, 04:40 PM
New Question: Can a Racial Crew Slot hold ALL forms of that Race, or only the Main one...?

For example, i've encountered Overlord Crew Members before, would an Overlord Crew Member go into a Hive Ship's Racial Crew Slot, or will that Slot only accept Hive Crew Members exclusively?

Pretty sure just Hive exclusivly.

Tyrax Lightning
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Pretty sure just Hive exclusively.
Ahh, so Sub Race Crew can only use Light Slots... that's a shame, but i'll work around it. I kinda like the Drakk Clones Subrace... :D

Edit: New Question: If ya are a Drakk with 250 Base Helm, & 240 Command for the Med Titan, how much Thrust will that give, & is it possible to get enough Thrust from the Helm Skills Bonuses to actually never again need any Engine Equipped? XD

Edit 2: Another New Question: Is there any such thing as Components that are extremely powerful, but requiring 250 of a Stat to use, or is there a cap to how high this kinda thing scales?