PDA

View Full Version : I need a way to disable "move to target"

goodgimp
02-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Is there any way to disable this behavior?

Here's a situation. I click on a planet to explore it (success). It's still selected as my target. Now whenever I try to fly away, the game just turns me back around and flies me back. I can't seem to de-select the planet either, and there's nothing else in range to click on.

I'd really like a completely free-form WASD control, I don't want to automatically fly to interact with objects, I'll fly there myself. Is there a configuration option I can set to make this so, and if not, any chance of it being added in a patch?

Thanks!

Roswitha
02-05-2013, 02:04 AM
Looks like you need to go into Game Options and de-select Thruster Cursor and Allow Basic Mouse Move. You might also want to look at Thrusters Toggle.

MrDogg
02-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm a keyboard user as well goodgimp, and found that using mouse to right click on planet name at the top middle will disengage your ship.

Roswitha
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I'm a keyboard user as well goodgimp, and found that using mouse to right click on planet name at the top middle will disengage your ship.

When you say disengage, do you mean it de-selects the planet name, or it disengages the thrusters?

If it's the latter, you probably want to de-select Thruster Disengage.

goodgimp
02-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Looks like you need to go into Game Options and de-select Thruster Cursor and Allow Basic Mouse Move. You might also want to look at Thrusters Toggle.

I have both of those disabled, this is something different where the game will automatically move you to the object you clicked on.

goodgimp
02-05-2013, 10:36 PM

Thank you, I'll try that next time I get stuck. I'd prefer just not to get in that situation, but in the meantime I'll use that as a workaround. Thanks!

Shadow
02-06-2013, 09:48 AM
I added this to my list of things to look at to see if I can fix it without breaking anything else.

rampancy
02-16-2013, 07:49 PM
I added this to my list of things to look at to see if I can fix it without breaking anything else.

After the last couple of beta patches addressed many of the problems I felt with the game (thanks for adding manually aimed weapons!) this is the only problem I have with the game. Ideally, I'd love to have it set to being something I can just toggle on/off in the Preferences.