PDA

View Full Version : Drox beta patch 1.003

Shadow
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Beta Patch 1.003 of Drox Operative is available over on the Drox Operative patch page (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Patches.html). Changes can be read here (http://www.soldak.com/Drox-Operative/Patches/Changes.html). This patch adds new remote detonated mine weapons, adds gambling to human planets, fixes some multiplayer bugs, adds a way to ignore individual races, and fixes a bunch of minor issues.

Valgor
02-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Thank you for the remote mines!

Tyrax Lightning
02-15-2013, 11:10 AM
"can now mark a race to ignore all trade requests and statements from them if you no longer care what they say"
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!! It drives me stark raving mad having War Enemies constantly *Bleep*ing me off trying to order me to betray my Allies 'or else' every 2 seconds, no matter how retarded it would be for me to betray my Allies with their tons of Planets & ships & then have them & the enemy with only like 2 Planets & 3 Ships left BOTH against me now... good god that gets on my Nerves. Why the hell should I fear such a badly weakened enemy & *Bleep* off my so freaking powerful Allies on their say so? :mad:

"fixed attack critical hit bonus being applied to can't miss attacks"
Please clarify this... is this meaning the Critical Hit Stat was never supposed to apply to the likes of Bombs... & Bombs & other such similar Weapons weren't ever intended to be allowed to be able to Critical Hit at all...? :confused:

"Brunts not focus more on missiles"
??? I don't understand this one... please clarify. :confused:

Shadow
02-15-2013, 11:29 AM
Fixed attack critical hit bonus...

This is referring to the next critical hit bonus you get when you have a really high attack compared to the enemies defense. This was something new in 1.002 and I just fixed it so it doesn't get added when the weapon isn't actually using attack/defense like bombs.

Brunts not focus more on missiles...

That should be "now focus". This just means when the Brunt put weapons on their ships, they are going to be missiles more often.

Tyrax Lightning
02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Ahh, that's clearer. Many thanks for the Clarifications. :)

Any chance of enabling Med Slot Weapons to go in HotBar Slot 1 & be Left Clickable, even if Heavy Slot Weapons are also equipped, in the next patch?

joku
02-15-2013, 12:35 PM
After applying this patch I started a new sector and noticed some irregularities. At least I think they're irregularities; I've only played a few sectors so I can't say whether these fall within the normal variance for this game.

To start off, I chose a Large sector, home planets only, with random number of races (ended up being four), and slow pace. I chose sector level 12, and I was level 15 to start.

There were four races: Shadow, Human, Talon, and Brunt. Talon only had one planet the entire time; I think it was dead so they didn't have the resources to expand. By the end, Human had 9 planets. I think the largest number of planets Brunt had was 6. And Shadow had 180 planets with 1330 ships.

Perhaps that kind of disparity was just a freak occurrence that could have happened before the patch, but it the disparity was so large that I had to mention it. Perhaps it could have just been that since Shadow ships are now cloaked, their colony ships had an easier time surviving the trip to a new planet. Perhaps they had a really lucky starting position. I don't know.

Another issue I noticed was that Shadow planets almost exclusively sold ECM Jammers (>90% of what they offered). Perhaps that's simply the only race-specific component they offer at my low level, but I thought I'd mention it.

I also noticed that races would break treaties at random. I had formed an alliance with Shadow, and every couple minutes they would break the alliance. I could just ask them for an alliance again right away and they'd give it to me, so I saw no reason why they would do this. And it would happen among the other races as well.

The last issue I noticed only after this patch was that the game would occasionally freeze (sounds still playing) and then resume a few seconds later but jumped ahead as though the game had just kept on playing while it was frozen. I had also just updated my video drivers, so that might be the issue. But I do seem to recall being able to move my mouse while the game was frozen (not sure) which would seem to indicate that it wasn't my drivers, but rather the game. If it happens again I'll post whether or not I was able to move my mouse.

PixelLord
02-15-2013, 12:45 PM
The last issue I noticed only after this patch was that the game would occasionally freeze (sounds still playing) and then resume a few seconds later but jumped ahead as though the game had just kept on playing while it was frozen. I had also just updated my video drivers, so that might be the issue. But I do seem to recall being able to move my mouse while the game was frozen (not sure) which would seem to indicate that it wasn't my drivers, but rather the game. If it happens again I'll post whether or not I was able to move my mouse.

I had some problems like this early on this morning, but then saw that windows was in the process of updating. After the update/reboot (and several minutes for things to steady out) the game returned to smooth play. System security scans in-progress can often cause this also.

Tyrax Lightning
02-16-2013, 05:01 PM
I had some problems like this early on this morning, but then saw that windows was in the process of updating. After the update/reboot (and several minutes for things to steady out) the game returned to smooth play. System security scans in-progress can often cause this also.
I've noticed similar as well. It's just your RAM being made to really work hard, doesn't seem to be anything to worry about. :)

While i'm here, any chance on a later Patch making a separate set of Map Data Folders so Single Player Games & Multiplayer Games have their own set of Map Data to themselves so a person can switch between Singleplayer & Multiplayer at will without losing Map Data for their Singleplayer Game, especially considering it's impossible to Save & Exit between Sectors? Kinda hard to Multiplayer at will when the only strategic time to do this without serious consequences in this regard is 2 seconds after having started your next Single Player Game/Challenge Sector... :(

Lastly, my apologies if this kinda Thread is the wrong place to be asking for possible stuff for future Patches... i'm still learning these Forums.

Many thanks for your time. :)