PDA

View Full Version : Magic find modifiers?

Excalibur Bane
02-19-2013, 08:19 AM
Okay, so I've been playing around a bit with the first set of variables in the SpawnSystem set in systems and I can't really make heads or tails of it.

Could someone explain the variables all to me or link me to a forum or page with all the variables explained for the previous games?

Thanks.

Shadow
03-05-2013, 01:52 PM
If you are talking about the ItemNormalChance type of things, here's basically how it works: it tries the first rarity chance, if it fails it uses the last rarity that passed the check, and if it passes it continues on to the next rarity.

Excalibur Bane
03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Ah, okay. So, what exactly are artifacts? They drop as purple or pinkish sort of color, but I don't see anything about them that seperates them from Elite items or the like.

Shadow
03-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Each rarity level adds another random modifier and tightens some of the level range stuff.

Excalibur Bane
03-06-2013, 01:03 PM
I know, it just seems like it adds these tiny bonuses that aren't really useful. In any case, I got it dropping Legendary items with nice regularity and the items are still low level crap, so how do I increase the level of the items dropped? Increase the level spread variable?

This stuff is very confusing. Obviously, I won't be a modder. :D

Shadow
03-06-2013, 01:43 PM
In general, you want to change MinLevelSpread and MaxLevelSpread. Decrease these to make it more likely to drop things at the level of whatever you killed.

If you want more higher level components to drop you want to change MaxItemDropLevelAboveBase, ItemDropAboveBaseLevel, NormalItemAboveLevelBonus, and NormalItemAboveLevelChance.

All of these are in systems.gdb.

Excalibur Bane
03-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Alright, thanks. I figured it was something like that. I haven't played with those variables yet.