PDA

View Full Version : bugs and features

Roswitha
06-12-2010, 02:18 AM
I just set off a fire trap and it did considerable damage to a Fire Minion. Wouldn't it be immune?

There was a thief in town, stealing from the weaponsmith. I went over and clobbered the thief with a Level 13 Perfect Strike (weaponmaster/trickster). Down went the thief and the weaponsmith too. I didn't think Perfect Strike did area damage?

It seems to me that the most important townspeople are the Warmaster, Steward, and Apothecary. If you lose the Apothecary, you have to get the quest from the Steward. If you lose the Steward, you have to get the quest from the Warmaster. This means if both the Steward and Apothecary are dead, and you find a new apothecary, you have to wait to find a new Steward before you can take advantage of the apothecary. Could you possibly arrange it so any of the three can offer quests to find any of the other two?

Valgor
06-12-2010, 07:03 AM
I'd also like to see all of the main questgivers being able to find new recruits for any vacant position among them... but what about a random townsperson stepping in for them on occasion?
Something like "The town has chosen Carl (Townsperson) as the new Warmaster". It makes a lot more sense for the populace to appoint one of their own to lead them instead of a complete stranger who wants the local hero to prove the town worthy of their leadership before deciding to get involved.

timeh
06-12-2010, 11:10 AM
most of the town NPC's lead very sheltered lives and lack the expertise to step into the position of a quest giver

Shadow
06-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I just set off a fire trap and it did considerable damage to a Fire Minion. Wouldn't it be immune?

There was a thief in town, stealing from the weaponsmith. I went over and clobbered the thief with a Level 13 Perfect Strike (weaponmaster/trickster). Down went the thief and the weaponsmith too. I didn't think Perfect Strike did area damage?

Fire elementals aren't immune to fire damage but they have much more resistance than normal.

Perfect strike doesn't have area damage and shouldn't be able to hurt the weaponsmith anyway. Once the thief is spotted he will start attacking, so it is possible that he killed the npc.