PDA

View Full Version : Quest NPC won't spawn

Cokehead
06-12-2010, 02:41 PM
This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I just restarted the game. Not working this time.

An NPC required for a quest (in this case, an escaped prisoner) is not spawned. I've searched the dungeon at least four times, he's simply not there.

How do I force an NPC to spawn? Or is there some other way to fix this problem?

Edit: To complete the town, this NPC must die.

Roswitha
06-12-2010, 03:36 PM
This is the second time this has happened. The first time, I just restarted the game. Not working this time.

An NPC required for a quest (in this case, an escaped prisoner) is not spawned. I've searched the dungeon at least four times, he's simply not there.

How do I force an NPC to spawn? Or is there some other way to fix this problem?

Edit: To complete the town, this NPC must die.

There's probably a secret door somewhere. Go to your left (or right) and follow the wall of the dungeon until you're back where you started. As you go, watch carefully for a part of the wall that's different. If you have corridors, there's usually a section that's a slightly different color. If there are rock walls, there's usually a big single boulder blocking the entrance. Another trick is to go to the end of a corridor and check if you can see more wall on the other side. Click on the wall/rock and it will disappear.

Good luck!

Viliki
06-12-2010, 05:06 PM
When you check the map, at top right there's a button to reset the fog, that's very handy when you search something.

If you are still stuck despite the advices you could try post here a save in hope someone more experimented find for you the secret or there's always the possibility to abandon the town by creating a new world when you start again your save (don't use the button continue).