PDA

View Full Version : Bug with meeting type of quest.

random_rolle
06-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Basic info: version 1.002 purchased version through sodaks webpage.

Bug description follows:

Fighting both bosses of a meeting type of quest, killing one and then dying will result in a quest failed, this seems intended. However two quests will be added to warmaster, to kill each boss, even though one is already dead. This in turn means that there is an unfinishable quest in town, which seems to result in unsavable town.

This has been reproduced (unintentionally, and intenionally) 4 times now. Dying while fighting both bosses, just after killing one, will result in this bug.

Any solution upcoming for this? It has happened to me in 3 villages now (twice in one) all 3 becoming unsavable.

Roswitha
06-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Basic info: version 1.002 purchased version through sodaks webpage.

Bug description follows:

Fighting both bosses of a meeting type of quest, killing one and then dying will result in a quest failed, this seems intended. However two quests will be added to warmaster, to kill each boss, even though one is already dead. This in turn means that there is an unfinishable quest in town, which seems to result in unsavable town.

This has been reproduced (unintentionally, and intenionally) 4 times now. Dying while fighting both bosses, just after killing one, will result in this bug.

Any solution upcoming for this? It has happened to me in 3 villages now (twice in one) all 3 becoming unsavable.

I've run across this too. The dead boss is supposed to respawn somewhere else in the dungeon and you have to go find him again. If you've looked all over and still can't find him, try Save and Exit, then coming back in. That frequently makes him respawn. You can also reset Fog of War in the map screen to make sure you've really looked everywhere.

random_rolle
06-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah i assumed something like that so i really looked, dungeon was empty in all cases, (and no, there were no more hidden rooms).

save and exit / reload didnt help either.

Seems only to happen if you die very shortly after the first boss is dead.

With some practice (well practice in dying) i can reproduce this with any of this type of quest.

Shadow
06-16-2010, 03:13 PM
The solution is to not die. :)

I'm kidding of course, it sounds like a bug. I probably just need to check that they aren't dead.