PDA

View Full Version : Adding the DoP bookshelf

Cockbite
06-16-2010, 02:11 AM
How hard would it be to add the bookshelf from Depths of Peril to Din's Curse?

I just got Din's Curse today and have been working on converting all of my DoP mods to DC. While looking through DC's assets I noticed that all of the tomes' textures and localizations are in Din's Curse. I know it wouldn't be hard to make the tomes drop, but I'm not sure about adding the whole bookshelf system into the game.

Shadow
06-21-2010, 01:46 PM
I can't guaranteed that the bookshelf will work, but most of the code looks like it is still there. One thing I know is missing are the menus for the bookshelf.

isobar
06-21-2010, 07:00 PM
If you manage to get this in, let me know. I actually really like the idea of having a book case, adds yet another goal for me to fill it with all of the books. Shadow, you should think of adding this into the expansion if it doesn't look like it would be too overpowering. Anything that adds more item collecting into a game like this is a good thing in my book hehe.

Shadow
07-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I added the menus as part of the mod along with the textures, model, fonts, and related localizations. One thing I have noticed that is different about Din's Curse compared to Depths of Peril is that DC doesn't have a file named "menus.lst" in the UI folder. I made a menu.lst and put it in the mod, but it didn't seem to have any effect.

DoP had to have a list of menu files to read in. DC just reads in all menu files in the UI directory, so it doesn't need the list any more. I'm not sure what your issue is though.