PDA

View Full Version : Player gates and teleportation items

Cockbite
06-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Is it even possible for a mod item (potion) to teleport the player back to town like the teleport stone does, or create a player gate like the teleport stone did in Depths of Peril?

I've spent several hours now looking through the assets and trying various things, but I haven't found a way to make it work.

calienon
06-16-2010, 12:59 PM
So far I haven't found a way either...

I made it so I could buy Teleport Stones from vendors, and bought a few, but after using the base 1/town, the icon still turned red... I think there's a seperate "Teleport Stone Inventory", and I don't know how to get them into it : (

I'm able to make the Teleport Stone Icon clickable again by going to "Assets/UI/game.mnu" and messing with the 2 lines in there for "TeleportStone" but still can't make it work...

Finally another thing I tried was adding the "teleports home" line that you find in the TeleportStone entry within the file "Assets/Database/Items/other.gdb" to many other items and skills.... none of them teleport home when used : (

this was all tried with a character that had already used the teleport stone though, so maybe there's another flag somewhere that knows if you've used one and disables the teleport home attribute from all things? haven't gotten around to making a new village yet and trying to use a teleport home skill lol.

Shadow
06-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Right now I don't think there is a way to add another way to teleport back to town.

calienon
06-17-2010, 07:55 PM
is it possible to get a little detail on exactly how the teleport home process works? I would think that it shouldn't be that hard to create another object that calls the same "return-to-town" code or whatever? or is that linked directly to the teleport stone item?

Shadow
06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
The teleport stuff in DC is not very generic. Clicking on the icon calls a function in code which checks a bit to see if you have used your teleport for this town. So even if you called it from some other object the bit test would still fail.

The DoP path was more generic except it requires a covenant.