PDA

View Full Version : What are some of the best things you've found/Fave toys?

Siveria
02-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Hi there, what are some of the best items you've found so far. My highest ship is only level 45 atm, but here is some of the nice things I've found. P.S. think they'll ever balance Beams? because they just seem to be the weakest weapon overall with alot of drawbacks (useless at range, poor dps, needs a damage booster medium componnent to be decent, where as missles or ballistics just need the weapon), High energy use, and poor min damage.

One of mine was a Utopian crew member that added 9 tactical, 9 helm, 8 structure and 8 computers. Now he's leveled up a bit and he's at 12 Tactical, 12 helm, 12 structure and 9 computers. Its pretty sweet.

Also my fave weapons so far have to be Em Shockwave and the Pulsar Generator, Em Shockwave is a decent damage wide cone aoe(well decent vs monster ships does like no damage to enemy race ships, but then again nothing really dones once you hit their structure), that also debuffs everything it hits in attack and defense, the Pulsar generator when used creates a large radius aoe that does 5 hits 1 hit per second to everything in a large area around it, 30 second cooldown on the Pulsar but so worth it when it can wipe out a pack of monster ships in 1 shot no matter how many, save for elites and bosses. I have fun with this when I pull half a zone then stop and fire it and just watch things die.

Tyrax Lightning
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
Pulsar Generator, Bombs, & Hellfire for me. :D

Try sniping Enemy Race's Planets with the Pulsar Generator if ya REALLY wanna have fun with it! XD

Speaking of which, i'm still interested in info on if the Hellfire is one of the Weapons in the game that doesn't use Hit Roll to land or not land on enemies...

Siveria
02-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Pulsar Generator, Bombs, & Hellfire for me. :D

Try sniping Enemy Race's Planets with the Pulsar Generator if ya REALLY wanna have fun with it! XD

Speaking of which, i'm still interested in info on if the Hellfire is one of the Weapons in the game that doesn't use Hit Roll to land or not land on enemies...

Can you show me a picture of it? I can probally guess. If its a Manual Aim type, it probally doesn't, explosive weapons that are aoe, also don't use attack/def, they just autohit, most anyway.

Shadow
02-25-2013, 11:34 AM

I don't think Hellfire can miss.

Tyrax Lightning
02-25-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't think Hellfire can miss.
Sweet, i've been playing with the Hellfire more, & the testing seems to support this!

Thus, Final Answer:

Pulsar Generator
Bombs
Hellfire
Weapon Overload Control
For those that lament Laser Weapon Performance, consider using the Hellfire as an alternative... :D

Cockbite
02-25-2013, 03:25 PM
At what level did you get the Hellfire? Could you post a pic of it?

All of my ships are currently around LV10 so I'm mostly using the basic weapons (lasers, rams, missiles, fighter bays).

EM Burst, Viruses, and Freezers are my preferred secondary weapons. I recently discovered that bombs are awesome. I originally thought they sucked due to the low DPS, but after a closer look I equipped them on my Fringe ship and used them to get my first Fear victory. They are amazing at destroying planets.

Here are a couple of cool items I found recently. They are the first of their type that I've found. I'm still unsure if the Lightning Field is strong enough to be worth using. If I could reduce the reuse time by 35% then it could be enabled constantly.

http://s15.postimage.org/iklhb7t0r/ss0000.jpg http://s15.postimage.org/l0nap2b3f/ss0001.jpg

Tyrax Lightning
03-08-2013, 12:50 AM
At what level did you get the Hellfire? Could you post a pic of it?
I'll see what I can do about a Pic when i'm back on my Good Computer, with it's 1920x1200 Res. :cool:

I can no longer remember what level they started dropping... but it mighta been above Level 40-50, & They aren't gonna be usable at any Tactical Level below 50... (My Main's Base Tactical is Maxed. :D)

My apologies for the delay in response... I failed to notice this Thread getting a response right after my last Post on it at first... scary timing, this Thread had nearly slipped off the first page... :eek:

Edit: My apologies for the delay... but i've finally managed to take a Screenie of the Hellfire Weapon in mid-firing. I hope this fulfills the Pic Request. :)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-S7ryojuqnS4/UUYkfi4dc8I/AAAAAAAADMM/PdB1rk_weno/s1600/Drox%2520Operative%2520Hellfire%2520Screenie1.png