PDA

View Full Version : Summoned Creatures Heal

spacehog
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Is it possible to make a mod that enables summoned creatures to also gain health when I use healthstones, lifestones, etc.? (I'm playing as a necromancer and I find it hard to keep my skeletons alive without using all my potions/food on them.)

If so, any tips to point me in the right direction would be awesome.
Thanks

(Edit: Another thought came to me as an alternative. Would it be possible to make the summoned skeleton level somewhat relative to the player's level?)

Shadow
06-17-2010, 11:13 AM
You could do this but it is somewhat involved.

NPCs and Naga will use healthstones so you will want to do something similar. They do this because they have UseObject in their behavior stack (BehaviorStacks.gdb) and have the line
UseObjectData BehaviorDataUseObjectUseHealthstones
in their archetype.

You can add this stuff directly to the monster in question which means the normal monster will also do this or you can go the route of adding a new definition for the monster like we do with the Chaos Lord summon spell and just change things for that specific version.

spacehog
06-17-2010, 03:16 PM
Sounds good, thanks. I'll see if I can't figure it out.
I appreciate the quick response, as well.

calienon
06-17-2010, 07:07 PM
in response to your alternative:

the skeletons from the necromancer tree already take the player's level into account : )

from "assets003/database/skills.gdb" you'll find an entry for "SkillSkeleton"... at the bottom of this entry is the line " MonsterLevelPerUserLevel 0.5" which makes the skeleton have 1/2 level per level of the player character : ) if you want a super skele, just make it a 2 or something lol : )

spacehog
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Thanks, calienon. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

I have attached my work so far for any fellow necromancers. Skeletons and skeleton bowmen will now use lifestones and healthstones. As Shadow pointed out, it affects even those monsters that are not player summoned. I am not very savvy with modding, hence adding a new definition to specifically affect summoned skeletons goes a little over my head.

joku
07-11-2010, 03:21 PM
I've attached my mod below. I've gone the more involved route and added the behavior to all of the pets except the ones you get from the Raise Dead skill.

I've tested all of them out and most of them work fine, but for some reason, the Skeleton Archer wouldn't use the Healthstone. I've double and triple checked my work, but I just can't seem to find where I've made a mistake. The thing is, there already was an archetype for the Skeleton Archer pet, so it should have been the easiest (along with the chaos lord).

Whenever I figure out where I went wrong, I'll upload the fixed version.

Edit: Now uses overrides. I haven't fully tested this new version, but Skeleton Archers still won't use Healthstones.