PDA

View Full Version : What is an "aimed attack"?

Cockbite
02-24-2013, 04:13 PM
What is an "aimed attack" as referenced in this image? In other words, what weapons actually benefit from the critical hit bonus?

http://s12.postimage.org/tvwq2vzil/ss0000.jpg

joku
02-24-2013, 04:20 PM
I believe it's referring to weapons that have "(manual aim)" in the name. These items don't use the same chance to hit stat, so they're given a critical hit bonus instead.

Siveria
02-24-2013, 04:42 PM
I believe it's referring to weapons that have "(manual aim)" in the name. These items don't use the same chance to hit stat, so they're given a critical hit bonus instead.

Kinda wish there was large slot weapons like that, There are WAY WAY to many good medium slot componnents in this game, and not enough heavy/light. I wonder if that counts for the EM SHockwave, since its a manually aimed cone aoe. Also Protip, Stack alot of items with +100% or better chance to crit, each +100% doubles your base crit rate. I am rocking like 17-18% base crit with 1 item that adds 140% crit rate. Combine that with Em Shockwave and it can mow down packs of ships easly, monster ones anyway.

ScrObot
02-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Do bombs count as an aimed attack?

Shadow
02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Aimed attack in this case means anything that uses your attack value and the enemy's defense value. So it doesn't include things like bombs and mines.

Tyrax Lightning
02-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Aimed attack in this case means anything that uses your attack value and the enemy's defense value. So it doesn't include things like bombs and mines.
Do 'Manual Aim' Weapons still use Attack & Defense Stats?

Shadow
02-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Do 'Manual Aim' Weapons still use Attack & Defense Stats?

They don't starting in version 1.003.

Siveria
02-25-2013, 09:13 PM

SO bascally with high attack, a laser beam is bascally a crit machiene?

Shadow
02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
SO bascally with high attack, a laser beam is bascally a crit machiene?

Yeah, basically getting a higher and higher attack actually has some benefit now.