PDA

View Full Version : Missing Models?

Cockbite
06-16-2010, 07:12 PM
The game just crashed saying it was missing the critical file "Models/Ghost.mdl". After pulling the model from Depths of Peril, I continued playing until it crashed again. This time it said it was missing the critical file "Models/fireThrower.mdl'. That one comes from Kivi's Underworld.

I just uninstalled the game, then reinstalled it. I loaded my characters with no mods active and it crashed again with the same error.

When I start the game, the console (~ key) shows that I am also missing 19 sound files. I've got v1.001 and the files are definitely not in the asset archives. I also checked the v1.002 patch and they aren't in there either.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5595/error1r.png http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/8636/error2r.png

bogdanwp
06-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Yep same problem here. Hope someone known an answer to this.

Shadow
06-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Both of those files should be in assets001.zip. Usually when the game all of a sudden starts missing some file that is there, a mod is getting in the way some how.

Fenoli
06-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Same here. I can't play the game as I get constant crashes because of missing models. I can confirm that the assets zips don't have any of the soundfiles mentioned by the console.

Something needs to be done ASAP.

Shadow
06-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Which sounds are you missing?

Fenoli
06-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Here are the sounds, but the missing models cause the crash!

Shadow
06-19-2010, 03:21 PM
I've verified that all of the sounds and models that have specifically been mentioned so far are indeed in the game. So the possibilities of what is going on is:

1) Your install is pretty broken and you should reinstall
2) You are playing the demo and there is something I need to fix
3) You are playing a pirated version of the game

Fenoli
06-19-2010, 03:27 PM
It is the demo version, and for me it's unplayable at the moment. Does the demo load something that it shouldn't?

Shadow
06-19-2010, 03:29 PM
It is the demo version, and for me it's unplayable at the moment. Does the demo load something that it shouldn't?

Maybe. What model is it complaining about?

Fenoli
06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
orc.mdl was the first one. I'll try to reinstall the game, maybe the assets are corrupted since orc should be an common enemy?

EDIT: It seems that my installation package might be corrupt. I downloaded it from the homepage but my crappy connection might have killed it.

Re-Edit: Ok having downloaded the package, the orc model is now there. Didn't have a game breaking issue when going to the first dungeon anymore.
I feel kind of embarrassed at the moment. I didn't find the models that those other 2 users have reported missing, so I can't help you on that.

Shadow
06-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah, orc is definitely in the demo build. I'm glad you got it working.

BTW, all of those missing sounds are just things that were stripped out to make the demo smaller. They shouldn't get used in the demo. Even if something tries to play a missing sound it will just skip playing it, it won't error out like a missing model.

Fenoli
06-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Ok, good to know that those messages are intentional. I'll fire up the game and see if it works for me when I have more time. Thanks for the fast reply! All the best.

mr-squarepants
07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
I had the same annoying problems..... always happened whenever a character reached dungeons around level 4..... any suggestions?