PDA

View Full Version : The destruction of a planet should not auto-fail quests if the race still exists

Cockbite
02-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Currently the destruction of a planet causes all quests the were to be turned in at that planet to automatically fail even though the race continues to exist and the quests could be turned into them directly.

The common scenario I'm running into is that a single race is giving all the quests and then their home planet gets destroyed. Even if the race survives I lose all my quests, the enemies related to those quests magically disappear, and I'm left with nothing to do.

Take this image for example. When the Shadow's home planet (Jane) was destroyed all of those quests failed even though Shadow hasn't been eliminated. In addition to the quests failing, Atmad, Shark, and Cyclone have apparently vanished from the sector.

This behavior needs to be changed. At the very least let another race pick up the assassination quests instead of just deleting the enemies from existence. It doesn't make sense for an enemy to disappear just because the planet that ordered their death has been destroyed.

http://s1.postimage.org/lw8w06cfj/ss0000.jpg

joku
02-24-2013, 10:07 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. It gets pretty annoying.

Siveria
02-25-2013, 12:54 AM
I kinda wish it'd auto clear failed quests too.

Excalibur Bane
02-25-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm in agreement here. It shouldn't auto fail if the race still exists, or at the very least, clear failed quests.

Shadow
02-25-2013, 11:15 AM
Another planet from that race is supposed to pick up most of the quests. I guess I need to look at it to see if it is working correctly.

Tyrax Lightning
02-25-2013, 02:40 PM
I kinda wish it'd auto clear failed quests too.
Agreed. A Failed Quest has no more use in the Quest Screen.

ScrObot
03-07-2013, 08:10 PM
Another planet from that race is supposed to pick up most of the quests. I guess I need to look at it to see if it is working correctly.

This still isn't working in my latest game. Early on I found a Cortex planet (well, 2 very close to each other), and I accepted a bunch of quests from the main Quest screen, and the planet was destroyed shortly thereafter. All the quests were failed: 2 Uprising quests, 2 Boss quests, and a Find Plans quest. The race didn't re-offer the quests or anything like that, neither before I dismissed them nor after.

Arcatus
03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
Yea I have seen this too,

I found enugh quests to almost fill the quest list twice at a shadow planet. As I started working on them - and was at the other side of sector - the planet got destroyed by one of the quest targets. They all failed.

Roswitha
03-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Currently the destruction of a planet causes all quests the were to be turned in at that planet to automatically fail even though the race continues to exist and the quests could be turned into them directly.

In addition to the quests failing, Atmad, Shark, and Cyclone have apparently vanished from the sector.

They don't vanish. They're still there. You just don't get quest credit for killing them.

Tyrax Lightning
03-08-2013, 03:08 PM
They don't vanish. They're still there. You just don't get quest credit for killing them.
There's times when Bosses & other such kinds of objectives can be frustratingly hard to find... especially if ya can't 'buy a Hint' for them on the Quest Screen... :/