PDA

View Full Version : Guild's Money

corfe83
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Loving the game so far! I think this is Soldak's best game yet.

I had an economic loss the other day, and I'm confused about how exactly I can make the guild money.

I know dieing makes the guild lose money. I can't figure out what earns the guild money - picking up credits, solving quests, and selling things don't appear to work. So how do I earn money for my guild? Is there a full list of what affects the guild's money vs. my own?

Cockbite
02-26-2013, 04:09 PM
As far as I know, only money gained from solving quests and trading with the other races count toward an Economic win. It appears that only a percentage of the money gained from these activities is applied though. Most of the money for my Economic wins came from selling Technology.

Tyrax Lightning
02-26-2013, 05:14 PM
As far as I know, only money gained from solving quests and trading with the other races count toward an Economic win. It appears that only a percentage of the money gained from these activities is applied though. Most of the money for my Economic wins came from selling Technology.
Speaking of which, any tips for getting Economic Wins...? I can't figure out how to pull them off even when I beat a Sector without ever dying... Economic Wins seem nigh impossible to manage... or i'm a sorry excuse of a Merchant. I haven't managed a single Economic Win at all, they seem like the single hardest Win to do in the whole game by far... I would at least like to get the 5 Economic Wins Achievement, even if no more Economic Wins after that... :(

Siveria
02-26-2013, 07:11 PM
Speaking of which, any tips for getting Economic Wins...? I can't figure out how to pull them off even when I beat a Sector without ever dying... Economic Wins seem nigh impossible to manage... or i'm a sorry excuse of a Merchant. I haven't managed a single Economic Win at all, they seem like the single hardest Win to do in the whole game by far... I would at least like to get the 5 Economic Wins Achievement, even if no more Economic Wins after that... :(

A good way might be curing those planet conditions, you know where u buy 1 of those componnents and deliver it to the planet that needs it? You get full retail value, plus a exp/cash reward on top, and it does seem merchanty thats what they do. Buy low sell high.

Cockbite
02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Speaking of which, any tips for getting Economic Wins...?

They must get harder as you level because I'm finding them to be the easiest win to get; so easy that I have to purposely try to avoid them. All of my ships are currently LV9-15.

For the achievement, I would recommend you make a new ship. I use these options for each ship's first sector. It takes 656.3 credits for an Economic win with these setting and a LV1 ship.

Normal Pace
Tiny Sectors
Home Planet Only
3 Races

Complete every available quest regardless of which race it belongs to. Give priority to races that are likely to be destroyed so you lose as few quests as possible.

Like I said before, selling Technology is my big money maker. Every time you find some Technology you should trade it to every race you have contact with. Go to the Relation menu > Trade/Negotiate, select a single Technology from your list and hit the "What would make this trade possible?" button. Try to wait until they actually have money to spend though. Depending on the Tech level you can get anywhere from 200-800 credits each.

There may be some luck involved in making sure you get enough quests/Technology. Adding more races may make it easier. I find Humans to be the wealthiest race. Also, you should obviously not die as Drox has to spend something like 250 credits to resurrect you.

Selling items has no effect on an Economic win but I pick up every thing anyway. The amount of money a race has to trade with is the same amount that they have to buy items from you with. You can buy items from them to increase their credits and then trade them Technology to get the credits back. Do this while the game is paused so they don't blow all their credits on a colony ship before you can get the trade menu open.

Note: Giving races Technology for free is a good way to boost your relationship while avoiding an Economic win.

Tyrax Lightning
02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
These sound like good tips, many thanks! :) I think I will try it on a New Character, since it's on my To-Do List anyway... I've VERY HEAVILY outleveled a Multiplayer buddy of mine & I was considering making a Alt, raising them to comparable level to that pal, then using that Character ONLY for Multiplayering with that pal afterwards... Maybe I can try to get my 5 Economic Wins as I do this... I'm nearing Lvl 80 on my Main & First Character, "Tyrax" the Medium Titan Drakk Ship, & not only do I never manage to avoid getting blown up at least once per sector anymore because i'm built offensively with less than stellar defense power (Only recently in Levels am I finally raising Structure thanks to the 8 Crew Points per Level Mod, i'm gonna take it to exactly Base 50 Structure, & will Equip a Heavy Slot Armor when my Alt or Multiplayer Pal gets one farmed.) but also, in these high level Sectors, the Economic Win Cash Amount needed is a 6 Digit Number in Challenge Sectors & any non Tiny Sector... & even a few Tiny Ones... O_0

After I get the Economic Win Achievement, i'm not seeking any more Economic Wins ever again, but I won't say no to any that just plain fall into my lap, even though my favorite win is the Fear Win. > : D (I tend to do some selling for bucks regardless to try to make the Drox Operatives some money to 'pad' myself some defense against possible Economic Loss... Bounty Hunters, & Boss-ized Monsters that hit hard will never get outgrown in danger power... I'll never have what it takes to Hardcore...)