PDA

View Full Version : Lots of money, nowhere to spend

darksilver
02-27-2013, 03:41 AM
Ok, i'm a casual gamer and prefer to play easy game, so after a few successful rounds i got around 100.000 credits. Any idea where to spend these? If i'll keep on playing like i did before, it'd be 'bout 50-100k per day.

ScrObot
02-27-2013, 04:17 AM
You can now gamble at Human planets, which is a good money sink.

Other than that, I mainly spend my money on rumors, which can get expensive depending on the races involved.

PixelLord
02-27-2013, 11:45 AM
Also:

buying jump gates
buy/influence obtaining treaties when relations are low

Tyrax Lightning
02-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Ok, i'm a casual gamer and prefer to play easy game, so after a few successful rounds i got around 100.000 credits. Any idea where to spend these? If i'll keep on playing like i did before, it'd be 'bout 50-100k per day.
Build up Funds in case of threat of Military Defeat so ya can 'buy' the conversion from War to Peace to Non-Aggression Pact to Mutual Protection Pact to Alliance to convert an impending Military Loss to a Military Win in a desperate last ditch effort to not lose a Sector. This WILL be expensive... ;)

You can now gamble at Human planets, which is a good money sink.

Other than that, I mainly spend my money on rumors, which can get expensive depending on the races involved.
Speaking of Gambling... I can't seem to figure out how that works... can ya explain it to me please? :)

ScrObot
02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
When on the vendor screen at a human planet, there's a new button at the bottom labeled "Gamble"; you click on that button to put you into gambling mode, then you right click an item in the vendor's inventory (it automatically hides items which aren't applicable), which purchases it and transfers it to your inventory. It may end up being a "normal" rarity of that item, or there's a chance it could be a "common" or higher rarity of that item type. The type of component will not change.

When finished gambling, you click the button on the bottom again which reads "Stop Gambling".

You can sell or donate items to the vendor and then gamble on those items, if you're looking for a better rarity of a specific component type. You can do it over and over with the same component if you'd like (gamble, sell it back, gamble, sell it back, etc) until you get a good result.

darksilver
02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Thanks, guys. By some strange twist of fate human race was very rare to spawn, and even then... i've finally found the sector with humans and jumped there... just to see how they're wiped by some mobs :D
Yup, diplomacy thingie is quite expensive, now they asking up to 7000 credits from MPP to Alliance, rumors is 300-400 creds (90% ofc).
IMHO, the game is clearly missing an upgrade system to spend some money. After all, it's a sci-fi :)

Excalibur Bane
02-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Well, I have yet to encounter the human race since the patch. Sounds like a good money sink, I have well over 270k right now. Game definately needs more money sinks. Like an upgrade system or something. I dunno. :)

Tyrax Lightning
02-28-2013, 05:22 PM
When on the vendor screen at a human planet, there's a new button at the bottom labeled "Gamble"; you click on that button to put you into gambling mode, then you right click an item in the vendor's inventory (it automatically hides items which aren't applicable), which purchases it and transfers it to your inventory. It may end up being a "normal" rarity of that item, or there's a chance it could be a "common" or higher rarity of that item type. The type of component will not change.

When finished gambling, you click the button on the bottom again which reads "Stop Gambling".

You can sell or donate items to the vendor and then gamble on those items, if you're looking for a better rarity of a specific component type. You can do it over and over with the same component if you'd like (gamble, sell it back, gamble, sell it back, etc) until you get a good result.
Ahh, that sounds clear. Many thanks for the info. :)

Sounds worthless... Higher Tier Components VERY often have worse Core Stat then Lower Tier Components... (Example: Max Shields stat on a Shield Emitter, or the Level of a Fighter Bay Fighter.) as if the Higher Tier gives the item more Bonuses, but takes the Stat Power for those Bonuses OUT of the Core Stat... Worthless... :mad:

Here's an idea for a Money Sink... Being able to Pay the Drox Operative Guild outta your own Pocket for Clone & Ship Replacement as a way to stave off Economic Loss in the event ya fail to make enough money in the Sector to have that offset losses... (I get myself blown up once in awhile partially from hard hitting bosses hitting me too hard to handle, & partially because I can be an aggressive musclehead & not always know when it's time to retreat... Mines can still kick my ass too... & gotta love having 6+ Monsters Self Destruct on top of ya at the same time so ya don't even have time to use your Restoratives... :eek:)

darksilver
03-01-2013, 06:42 AM
Just tried to gamble some stuff, the outcome - nothing even close to my thingies, even random loot still better than gambled items, "hell no" to gamble :(
That way i got just one money sink - diplomacy, and in that way i'm pushed to "nice and fluffy" style... i mean, i must spend my money for being nice, not armed to the hull. Kinda sad, if you ask me.
Btw afaik "demand" action is useless, AI just keeps ignoring it, i tried to demand various things with 20 lvl ship in 1 lvl sector :confused:

ScrObot
03-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Gambling isn't very likely to give you a rare item... that's why it's gambling. (=

However, being able to focus on rerolling a particular item a few times is pretty useful, especially for some components which don't drop as much.

Tyrax Lightning
03-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Just tried to gamble some stuff, the outcome - nothing even close to my thingies, even random loot still better than gambled items, "hell no" to gamble :(
That way i got just one money sink - diplomacy, and in that way i'm pushed to "nice and fluffy" style... i mean, i must spend my money for being nice, not armed to the hull. Kinda sad, if you ask me.
Btw afaik "demand" action is useless, AI just keeps ignoring it, i tried to demand various things with 20 lvl ship in 1 lvl sector :confused:
Agreed. Demand is useless for the Brunt, & it's useless for us. :/

Experimenting on Gambling is on my to-do list on my Main Ship eventually... working on using Alts to try to eventually get a 50 Structure Heavy Slot Armor farmed for my Main to use first. :D